Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Defending undermining our 'beautiful game' 22:30 - Nov 22 with 635 viewsbosh67

19 attempts on goal, 7 on target to Fulham's 11 and 4 on target. 50% of the possession.

Yet it is pointless, quite literally, if you can't defend properly as a team and we can't defend as one.

There is no crime in a goalkeeper occasionally lumping the ball 80 yards if it is not going to put you under pressure.

You have to defend against players on and off the ball, not be in a 'zone' where they may or may not be. Kamara is a big lump so put a defender on him as his shadow Danny Maddix style. Don't give him the space or time. Put a player on Cairney in the middle. Kick him up in the air and keep doing it until he gives up.

We are so soft in the way we defend. I was hoping two weeks would have sorted some of it out but it is the same mistakes being made again and again.

Don't get me wrong, this is not me turning on Warburton. It's just that there has to be a moment, with a side that is capable of winning these games to take drastic action in the way it defends and have at least 2 players who go man to man and nullify feed from the midfield and shadows the target man.

Has anyone got Clint Hill's number? Our management staff need him in to help do this. Get some kind of defensive system working that doesn't go zonal and concede two goals a game and we may just rediscover our mojo because my god we create a lot going forward but eternally leave the back door open.

If you create 19 attempts with 7 on target away from home with a solid defensive system you should be winning most games, home and away.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Defending undermining our 'beautiful game' on 22:37 - Nov 22 with 584 viewssandsofporto

I agree you with wholeheartedly, we need defensive steel in this team. We get that and what a team we have, going forward we are irresistible but defensively, sorry seen better Sunday league defending and goalkeeping, just not good enough sort the defence out MW and you are laughing. 😀😀😀😀😀
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024