Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I've found something new to keep us warm at football... 15:23 - Jan 14 with 4402 viewsMick_S

Genius - beard hats.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 14:07 - Jan 15 with 1174 viewshubble

Euphemismtastic

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 14:11 - Jan 15 with 1174 viewsKonk

This is boiled eggs in addition to gloves! Mate, give it a whirl and if you're not won over, I'll be amazed.

New idea that I've just thought of. Buy a pie > Remove it from its foil > Pop it under your hat > Warm head for the next 20-30 mins. Or, buy a couple of pies, stuff them in your pockets and put your hands in the pies. Or, take a big bucket to the game, fill it with pies, remove your shoes and socks, then mash the pies up with your feet. That should keep your feet warm until half-time at least. Probably won't want to eat the pies afterwards, mind, which is where the boiled egg handwarmer idea wins out.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 14:18]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 14:51 - Jan 15 with 1137 viewsBoston

Fatally flawed I’m afraid....ever tried to peel an egg wearing gloves?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 14:59 - Jan 15 with 1129 viewsKonk

I'm beginning to wish I'd never mentioned this now! Your hands are presumably so warmed up by this point, that you can take your gloves off, shell the eggs, pop 'em in your gob and then put your gloves back on, without your hands getting cold. Honestly, he did this throughout his kids' childhood, so it must have worked. Kill two birds with one stone and all that.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 15:40 - Jan 15 with 1109 viewsMick_S

Look at this!!!!!

He who laughs last... - fried egg handwarmers too!

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 16:27 - Jan 15 with 1087 viewsKonk

Mick, If you turned up at Loftus Road with that beard hat thing and some "boobie" hand warmers, I think there's a good chance you'd be looking at a banning order and quite possibly a spot on a register too.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2020 16:35]

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 16:42 - Jan 15 with 1073 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't think you need any extra layers if every game was like this!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=qpr+v+cardiff+highlights&&view=detail&mid=5

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 09:56 - Jan 16 with 1014 viewsKonk

Right, chaps, you've raised some pertinent points regarding peeling egg shell with your gloves on. So, I spoke with my brother and he explained that his Father-in-law used the eggs to warm his hands during the first-half of games. They would stay in his pockets until half-time, when he would retreat to his car, take off his gloves, peel the eggs, eat the eggs, pop his gloves back on and then head back out for the second-half.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 21:44 - Jan 16 with 956 viewsitsbiga

I use these. They are super light weight and pack very small and are VERY warm.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.military.com/undertheradar/2018/04/18/why-woobi

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 22:48 - Jan 16 with 933 viewsted_hendrix

Well ok right but using the following scientific calculation Ba3N2 + 6 H2O → 3 Ba(OH)2 + 2 NH3 As + 6 NaOH → 2 Na3AsO3 + 3 H2 equates to cold hands in the second half unless I'm mistakenly mistaken.
That being the case the second half must have been a bit unexpectedly chilly for the hands.
Bit of an epic fail if you ask me, or at the very least a half of a bit of an epic fail if you ask me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 23:35 - Jan 16 with 930 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

These fellas served me in Brewdog on Goldhawk Road.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 23:59 - Jan 16 with 915 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Where does this leave us, Konk?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 09:09 - Jan 17 with 869 viewsMick_S

Sorry Konk, I can see how this is now becoming a bit of a problem for you, but there is something else on my mind that you may be able to help me with. Apparently Luke Freeman is interesting Dirty Leeds, and he has, of course, been out of London for a while. With Valentines Day approaching, could you let us know if there is any news on the card shop in Westfields?

One thing though. If it's bad news, I don't want to know.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 13:01 - Jan 17 with 830 viewsKonk

Brian - As far as I'm concerned, whatever happens, he's got a couple of boilers, so it's a win for him. It's warmed his hands for the first-half, so that's a bonus whatever happens in the second-half. He's certainly no worse off than if he hadn't been holding the eggs at all.

If anyone has any further questions/observations, than can I please respectfully ask you to refer them directly to be brother's Father-in-law. He's a lovely bloke and would undoubtedly be very happy to discuss this over a couple of pints.

Mick - Right, just come off to the blower with my mate who works in the phone shop at Westfield. Speaking with one of the women who works in Card Factory, it seems that Freeman has had a massive falling-out with Wilder over the amount of time Freeman's been spending helping his girlfriend out at the Meadowhall branch. Things came to a head in the run up to Christmas when Freeman rang in sick, only for Wilder to turn up at the Card Factory, and find him unpacking boxes of tinsel. A full-on, stand-up row, with Wilder telling him he wanted him out of Sheff U. Problem is, Freeman's girlfriend has settled in very well at Meadowhall and is reluctant to move again. We'll see what happens.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 13:04 - Jan 17 with 827 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To be fair, a falling-out had been on the cards.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 13:12 - Jan 17 with 814 viewsKonk

Exactly. And now Wilder's given him his cards.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 13:13 - Jan 17 with 810 viewsMick_S

Wild card?

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 13:48 - Jan 17 with 786 viewsKonk

Surprised this hasn't made it into the media. Both obviously playing their cards close to their chests.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 13:50 - Jan 17 with 779 viewsMick_S

You don't get anything for a pair - not in this game.

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 13:58 - Jan 17 with 761 viewsKonk

After a bit of pushing and shoving, Wilder says to Freeman, "Oh, you think you're a bit of an hard man, do you?", Freeman grabs the card nearest him, thrusts it in Wilder's face and says, "No, I'm a card man!".

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 13:59 - Jan 17 with 758 viewswelwynranger

During a very cold spell I asked the club if I could bring a heater in to the ground with me. They refused my request. Even when I pointed out that when it was very hot I would sit next to a fan.

Sorry

I've found something new to keep us warm at football... on 14:01 - Jan 17 with 757 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Assuming the football Konk is talking about is Fulham, boiled eggs are easily peeled when the gloves in question are a pair of soft deer leather driving mitts, and the eggs are from the notoriously thin shelled Pheasant variety.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024