Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The final that never was 10:55 - Apr 16 with 2029 viewsflynnbo

https://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/football/queens-park-rangers/looking-back-q

The final that never was on 11:01 - Apr 16 with 2007 viewsThe_Beast1976

Cup Final in 1986? Fake news I'm afraid

The final that never was on 11:11 - Apr 16 with 1996 viewsDannyPaddox

The final that never was on 11:39 - Apr 16 with 1949 viewsrrrspricey

Thankfully i was sufficiently pished-up to only have vague recollections of the match

The final that never was on 15:46 - Apr 16 with 1846 viewsjohncharles

You wouldn’t let it lie, YOU WOULDN’T LET IT LIE would you ?

Strong and stable my arse.

The final that never was on 15:53 - Apr 16 with 1832 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can't remember anything about that match, not even the goals.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The final that never was on 16:13 - Apr 16 with 1812 viewsCLAREMAN1995

I can't be the only one who enjoyed the day we went to Wembley in 86.The atmosphere was incredible and the colors magnificent and hearing the noise when the teams came out was amazing.
Sure we played a horrible match and deserved to lose and yes I was hoping for a few goals from us but overall I have fond memories of that day.

The final that never was on 16:20 - Apr 16 with 1795 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I recall exiting Anfield in March 1986, having beaten Liverpool over two legs and feeling that we’d won the League Cup.

As far as I’m concerned, we did! Events that took place on Sunday 20 April in HA9, in what was the charity shield as far as I’m concerned, were totally immaterial, bordering a trivial sideshow of such inconsequence, I can’t even remember the score and for that matter, if I even bothered to go!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

The final that never was on 16:32 - Apr 16 with 1782 viewsstowmarketrange

Ban him.
I had £5 on us to win the cup at 25-1 at the start of the season,so I thought we won it in a 2 legged final at anfield.Shame the bookies didn’t agree with me though.

The final that never was on 17:25 - Apr 16 with 1737 viewsthame_hoops

Anyone else notice the beaming Robert Maxwell in one of those photos 😡

The final that never was on 18:04 - Apr 16 with 1686 views2Thomas2Bowles

There is a lot to say for dementia, Fred.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The final that never was on 18:12 - Apr 16 with 1668 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pineapples, Mavis, if you please.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The final that never was on 20:46 - Apr 16 with 1582 viewsStanisgod

I have been to many many games where I've been so confident of winning its not even entered my head we may not, but this one there was NO way we could lose, turn up, celebrate, take cup home, just a formality

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The final that never was on 21:46 - Apr 16 with 1528 viewsterryb

That's probably what West Brom thought in 1967!

The final that never was on 23:19 - Apr 16 with 1455 viewskingo

What a few weeks we had had in March/April 1986, won away at Anfield in the Semi after beating CFC in the quarters. Beat Watford, Man U and then the 6-0. To say we were on a high was an understatement. But as usual with Rangers, take you up high, big support and drop you like lead weight. Then, Now, Always.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The final that never was on 16:28 - Apr 17 with 1298 viewsjohncharles

And Manure in 1992

Strong and stable my arse.

The final that never was on 16:56 - Apr 17 with 1281 viewsqprxtc

April 20 1986 never happened to us, look it was the fate of those fake hoops hunters from Berk shire. Seven the f ukers right.

The final that never was on 17:00 - Apr 17 with 1270 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Interesting club sponsor too!

The final that never was on 17:47 - Apr 17 with 1238 viewspaulparker

Bar the hull & Liverpool away games I went to every game on that cup run even the frost bitten game to forest when the floodlights failed
The biggest support I’ve ever seen for that Wembley final was QPR that day
“ we beat the Chelsea 6-0 “ was the chant before kick off and that’s as good as it gets
Before they scored first it kicked off behind me with some poor sod getting it in the head with a flag pole , I was also told to fcuk off by jimmy greaves before the game and left as the third went in
I remember a bloke dropped his QPR cap as we were walking to the car and my old man saying “I’d leave that with the other shit on the floor mate “
Never watched the game since and I’ve hated Jim Rosenthal , Maurice Evans, Malcolm Shotton with a passion because of it

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

The final that never was on 18:40 - Apr 18 with 1106 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Inspired by this thread and re-living the incredible time I had with my 2 brothers (yes QPR played like crap and we got hammered off the field )I did a spring cleaning deep into a closet and found my long lost scarf and badge from that day.Its like finding a pot of gold empty of course just the pot .No dirty magazines though .
With much thanks to one of our best posters on here 2Thomas2Bowles I under his tutelage uploaded them so enjoy

The final that never was on 18:46 - Apr 18 with 1095 views2Thomas2Bowles

There goes my rep as a right.....

Glad you sorted it you bloody WUM

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024