Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much time does Warburton have? 17:10 - Jul 11 with 17035 viewsHOOPNO7

Since coming back from Lockdown we have been P!ss poor in defence & after today's performance/result how long will it be before the Board make a change?

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:12 - Jul 11 with 2288 viewsessextaxiboy

We managed to compete pre lock down with a squad put together for peanuts .

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:14 - Jul 11 with 2280 viewsrsonist

League 1 squad
Air Asia in financial trouble
Goalkeepers
Defence
8 points off relegation

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:17 - Jul 11 with 2252 viewsrsonist

MW has credit in the bank and most including the board can take the rough with the smooth given various contexts. In ordinary circumstances he has plenty of time, an indefinite duration.

The question is whether what we're seeing still comes under ordinary circumstances, because the alarming nature of it is freefall not struggle. This isn't about putting the restart into a critical review of the season or MW's career at other clubs.

There is no chance whatsoever his job is in question this summer. Come out of the blocks like this next season after an opportunity to address it and after 10-15 games there'll simply be other option though. I sincerely hope he figures it out.

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:19 - Jul 11 with 2241 viewsGloucs_R

Do you know what a troll is mate or would you like me to explain?

I've been posting on this board and it's predecessor for over 20-years...
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 18:25]

Poll: Are we staying up?

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:23 - Jul 11 with 2203 viewsNortholt_Rs

You forgot ‘No strikers, No goal threat whatsoever’

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:26 - Jul 11 with 2185 viewsMatch82

This is about right I think. He's done a very very good job this season I've been massively impressed. Good football, good results and all while trimming the squad and bringing youth through. However the way we have played coming out of the break is shocking. No question he has credit in the bank and the next two games really don't matter, but the first 5 to 10 games if next season will be key, he needs to demonstrate that he can get the players motivated out of the gates.

How much time does Warburton have? on 18:53 - Jul 11 with 2083 viewsW12Mikey

At the end of last season the consensus seemed to be that given the constraints of FFP etc Warburton would do well to keep us up. He has achieved that, with games to spare, while sometimes producing exciting positive football, and he has brought on some of the youngsters. So overall, he has probably overachieved and imo deserves to be given the first 10-15 games of next season before any change is considered.
Having said that, you're only as good as your last game so it's unsurprising that we're all unhappy with the recent performances. In his defence, we've been unfortunate so far not to face any teams with nothing to play for (and there won't be any until, maybe, WBA, if they're already champions or promoted but can't be champions), and unfortunate to lose Hugill. He also presumably isn't to blame for our players continually giving the ball away with sloppy passes. I feel he's been experimenting with selections and formations and mostly getting it wrong, today being a prime example. But that won't matter if it helps him get things right for next season.

How much time does Warburton have? on 19:00 - Jul 11 with 2053 viewsGloucs_R

I honestly can't understand anyone questioning MW and the time he has.

Lowest budget in a very long time
Got the team playing some nice football
Given the younger players a chance
Avoided relegation

Poll: Are we staying up?

How much time does Warburton have? on 19:15 - Jul 11 with 2025 viewsMickS

For sure.

How much time does Warburton have? on 19:27 - Jul 11 with 1986 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

x10

Poll: Expectations for this season?

How much time does Warburton have? on 19:35 - Jul 11 with 1958 viewsThe_Beast1976

As I said to someone else - get your money on us winning the Championship next season. Just get this season over with then great times ahead

How much time does Warburton have? on 19:36 - Jul 11 with 1952 viewsdachiltern

Reason enough to rarely participate these days.

How much time does Warburton have? on 20:55 - Jul 11 with 1825 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

I fecking despair at threads like this.....
Mans done a grand job playing some great football with severe restrictions. I’ve enjoyed watching some great football and I’ll think he’ll be here for a good while hopefully.
Sometimes we a fan base Are severely deluded

How much time does Warburton have? on 21:46 - Jul 11 with 1725 viewspaulparker

A grand job ?????

What 16th and dropping

The bloke has had a front 4 of Eze, wells( half a season) hugill , BOS , and yet we are no better off than last year and the year before that ( with crappier squads)
Our defending at set pieces is a joke, the comical goals we have given away is a disgrace and we have lost as many games as Barnsley who are bottom
I think Clive ( correct me if I’m wrong) put a post up about sheff Utd who had the same budget as us near enough, look at them now almost in Europe
Millwall, Preston, Blackburn always seem to do better with a worse budget than ours , Wigan have a better team than us
Why should we accept the crap performances year In year out
We are ill prepared since the lockdown , unfit and uninterested,
Sheff Wed have been as bad us but we made them look like the Arsenal invincibles today
Don’t sugar coat it, If that was steve Mclaren today the pitchforks would be out

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:02 - Jul 11 with 1685 viewsdistortR

McClaren had 3 of those 4, + luongo, freeman, pav, furlong etc etc.
Blackburn spent millions on bereton, gallagher and armstrong. Millwall spent more on matt smith then we did over the whole summer.

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:06 - Jul 11 with 1670 viewsJuzzie

We had Wells for half a season so that’s a lot of goals dried up once he left. I know he was a loanee but him leaving has made a difference

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:21 - Jul 11 with 1629 viewsPhilmyRs

I find this post and comments on this thread a bit strange. Most people would accept until the lockdown MW had done an excellent job, post lockdown we’ve been poor. Now the question is how much do you put that down to the Manager? We bought Wells and Hugill in as our strikers as you mentioned in your list of players - Hugill injured last 2 games and Wells long gone. We’ve got nobody in reserve because we’ve got no money to spend. Your raving about BOS as a reason we should be flying up the table...?! Do you give any credit to the Manager, or your favourite QPR coach, Chris Ramsey, for making BOS the player we’re seeing this season? I don’t remember many Rs fans singing the praises of the Kid last season, yet there you are, and many more, highlighting him as a reason we should be up the table. Not sure if you were in the same group, but a sizeable number of Rangers fans blamed Les for the rubbish he’d signed 2 seasons ago and cited BOS as one of them, now he’s our fcking saviour and reason we should be doing much better. Give the Manager and his team some credit. Our budget is one of the lowest in the league, we have fck all forwards and haven’t replaced loan signings (Wells) or high earners (Leinster) as we’re looking to save funds. Yet you’ve gone off on one like the Mangers done a poor job and should be doing a hell of a lot better based on the players we’ve got. To that, I’d say no mate, our players are average with a few class acts in there that are most likely eyeing up their summer move. Motivating them when the season is all but over for us is no easy job. Other than Warnock, have you rated any Manager in the last 10 years?

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:26 - Jul 11 with 1605 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I put this in the match thread but think it got buried.

Wells, Hugill, Hall, and Pugh have scored 60% of our goals this season.

I haven’t worked it out but I’d imagine (Hugill aside) they probably topped the squad career league appearances along with Cameron and Rangel too.

Removing those goals and that experience is going to cause a loss of form. We can either chose to accept this and swallow some shit results temporarily, or throw all the structural progression we have had down the shitter and sack Warburton.

This is a crossroads for us supporters. I’m no fan of the owners but I feel like they have learned from some very painful lessons and are trying to implement a long term strategy that will ultimately give us cheaper and longer lasting success and stability. I think it’s time for us to do the same and come to terms with the idea that a quick fix does not lie in the next in vogue manager.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 22:33]

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:26 - Jul 11 with 1604 viewsMatch82

"The bloke has had a front 4 of Eze, wells( half a season) hugill , BOS , and yet we are no better off than last year"

The bloke last year had Eze, BOS, Wells (full season) and his choice of loan striker (he picked Hemed, on bigger wages). Plus he had Freeman and Matt Smith as attacking options.

How on earth do you think this years squad is better? And if it is it can only be due to player development, which surely is a big part due to him?

We have been shocking since the lockdown. And we were overachieving before that. Both of those things can be true.

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:28 - Jul 11 with 1595 viewsHooparoo

Just turned 55 and for the first time in my life I can’t wait for the season to end.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2020 22:29]

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:32 - Jul 11 with 1579 viewsqpr_1968

it ended when you were 54......for qpr.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

How much time does Warburton have? on 22:41 - Jul 11 with 1560 viewsHooparoo

Seems to happen every season. All our good work is undone with a limp end to the season. Self flagelation FC.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:14 - Jul 11 with 1501 viewspaulparker

Chris Ramsey didn’t bring on BOS he was signed by Holloway so I find your comments very strange
Again your comments are still strange as many were saying BOS should of played under mclaren who didn’t trust him even though he was our best player in the final ten games of the season last year
For your comment on les I haven’t criticised him even though we have signed some dross over the last 5/4 years
Are you happy to Finnish 16th/17th again without a fight , we have been a disgrace since the lockdown this was sheff wed who Clive ridiculed in his preview
We haven’t beaten charlton, Hull, Boro , Barnsley at home this season, do you find that acceptable??

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:44 - Jul 11 with 1445 viewsDiggertheMole

100% I have little or no respect for Warburton. As a club we have progressed nowhere. The pathetic excuses Breadface issues after a staggeringly incompetent performance only convince me that Brentford, Forest and Glasgow Rangers had it right. We have no right to promotion, entertaining, passing football, goalscoring galore or a watertight defence but just occasionally some of them might be quite pleasant. We are, at present, tied to a situation when after we sell Eze, BOS and Manning for a total of £15 million, the realities of another season struggling to avoid Division one will inevitably cause our £!m a month sponsors to reconsider their investment. Look around - there are models not just for successful club financial management but, perhaps more vitally, for team management. Allow Warburton to move to his desired future - spouting meaningless, opinionated verbiage in the media and settle on someone to direct the team whose ambition is not media-led but shows some ability to coach and manage.

How much time does Warburton have? on 23:58 - Jul 11 with 1428 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

"100% I have little or no respect for Warburton"

You lost me on that.

Thank you.

Good night

Poll: Expectations for this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024