Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
OAP season tickets 12:49 - Aug 21 with 3888 viewsstowmarketrange

As I turn 60 next month,I went into the box office in September last year and asked the staff what will happen next,(this) September.Dont worry they said,we’ll allow a pro rata price to happen.
I asked the same question via email a couple of months ago and got a reply today saying that I needed to have been 60 by August 1st to get an OAP ticket for the coming season,which I will be 4 days after the 1st game of the season.
They will therefore charge me full price in our package for the coming season.I’m not sure whether we’ll be allowed into many games next season,so to pay £200 more for the privilege doesn’t sound much of a bargain to me.
And isn’t there a sliding scale to raise the age bracket to 65 starting next season?So I could be forced to pay full price until I reach 65 as my birthday will be 6 weeks after the cut off time every year?
I blame my parents mainly,followed by covid 19 and then the club.
I know times are hard for our club,but I’m surely tempted to give up my season ticket after 44 long years and buy them cheap as and when I can go.

OAP season tickets on 20:53 - Aug 23 with 809 viewsstowmarketrange

I don’t It matters too much as they always report the attendance as 1 man and his dog,and I wanted get ahead of the game.Unlike the Brentford attendances that are recorded as several thousand men and 2 cocks,and we seem to have them both as regulars on this forum.

OAP season tickets on 21:47 - Aug 23 with 771 viewszicoshoops

Bah.

You miserable young buggers.
Pay up......pay your money.

I’m 118 next year, and you don’t hear me complaining.

Granted, I piss myself twice a day, and once a night when I’m in bed.
But you don’t hear me complain.

Bah, you lot don’t know you’re born.

I blame that tosser Edward Heath.

60?
You should be running the 100 metres.

No wonder the country is going down the shitter.

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out

OAP season tickets on 21:55 - Aug 23 with 758 viewsGloryHunter

Well done you - supporting your local team, and live football.

OAP season tickets on 09:59 - Aug 24 with 660 viewsessextaxiboy

I would honestly rather watch Rangers on a stream, sterile as it is, rather than live non League.

OAP season tickets on 12:04 - Aug 24 with 631 viewsstowmarketrange

So would I mate but the price they’re trying to charge me for a season ticket to be able to watch it on a stream is too much in my opinion.
I still won’t be able to see the midweek matches so that is 7 home and 7 away that i’ll miss,so I don’t think it’s value for money either.
Hopefully things might get back to some sort of normality after Christmas and we can get back to seeing games again live.

OAP season tickets on 14:27 - Aug 25 with 544 viewsstefan54

I was 60 on 2 August and the club charged me the senior rate for that season. Similarly, a friend who was 60 on 13 August was charged the same as me.

OAP season tickets on 14:58 - Aug 25 with 522 viewsstowmarketrange

Thanks for the info mate.They wrote in the email that the cutoff date is August 1st,which I can understand in any normal season as there has to be a set date,but this season is different to any another in the history of football in this country in that the season is being delayed by 5-6 weeks.And they don’t even know for sure when we’ll be allowed back in to see games again.
In my opinion,it is wrong of the club to stick to the August 1st deadline when the first games we might be able to attend might not be until October at best.

When I mentioned this matter last September to the box office staff in person,I was told not to worry about it as it will be sorted.
Now they tell me I have to pay full price or not get in all season.Not quite the way I was hoping to celebrate my 50 years anniversary of watching the R’s in October 2020.

OAP season tickets on 19:33 - Aug 25 with 496 viewsstefan54

Although probably not feasible at the present time, I went to the box office with my birth certificate to renew and was immediately told that I could pay the senior rate. Perhaps the situation was different for me because it was before the first game of the season.

OAP season tickets on 19:58 - Aug 25 with 484 viewsstowmarketrange

Was that this August that you were 60,or was it a previous one?

OAP season tickets on 09:22 - Aug 26 with 434 viewsstefan54

It was the August in which I was 60 but, to take advantage of the early bird renewal period, I would have gone to the ground a month or two beforehand. It was 6 years ago!

OAP season tickets on 09:31 - Aug 26 with 415 viewsstowmarketrange

Ok thanks mate.I possibly should’ve guessed by the 54 after your name.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024