Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FORMER PLAYERS 20:41 - Oct 11 with 6108 viewsVernat

Always been interested in the whereabouts of our former players - and I know there is already a thread on loan players - but here are some of the ex Seasiders who played in League 2 yesterday.

Bolton v Grimsby The Fonz started for Wanderers. Baptiste came on as sub
Sean Scannell sub for Ollie's side.

Cambridge v Newport Wes Hoolahan started for Cambridge

Oldham v Morecambe John O'Sullivan started for the Shrimps & Kelvin Mellor unused
sub.

Port Vale v Carlisle Nick Anderton in Chris Beech' s side

Salford v Tranmere Ashley Eastham for Salford; Peter Clarke & Jay Spearing for
Tranmere all starters.

Scunthorpe v Forest Green Jamille Matt scored hat-trick for Forest Green

[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 21:04]

FORMER PLAYERS on 18:52 - Mar 17 with 384 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

FORMER PLAYERS on 09:28 - Mar 18 with 364 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

FORMER PLAYERS on 09:33 - Mar 19 with 359 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ellis Simms scores first PL goal for Everton

FORMER PLAYERS on 14:29 - Apr 4 with 343 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

FORMER PLAYERS on 09:22 - Apr 24 with 311 viewsspell_chekker

Andy Preece article on the BBC site:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65347429

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

FORMER PLAYERS on 20:18 - Apr 25 with 299 viewsspell_chekker

Nick Anderton: Bristol Rovers defender retires at 26 as he continues cancer treatment

Bristol Rovers defender Nick Anderton has retired from professional football as he continues his recovery from a form of bone cancer.

The 26-year-old was diagnosed in July 2022 with osteosarcoma and is completing a course of chemotherapy.

Anderton had surgery in October to remove a tumour from his right femur, and later had a full knee replacement and 12cm of his femur replaced.

In a statement,

Anderton said he was "at peace" with the decision.

"Looking back at the past 10 years, I have nothing but fond memories. To every club I've represented, thank you for the opportunity.

"To every coach and manager I've worked under, thank you for the time you invested in me. To every player I've shared a dressing room with and every player I've competed against on the pitch, thank you. It's been an absolute pleasure."

Following his diagnosis last summer Anderton had a biopsy, which revealed the cancerous cells were aggressive and required him to have chemotherapy.

Osteosarcoma is a type of sarcoma,

a rare form of cancer that develops in supporting tissue in the body, and the former Preston North End, Barrow, Blackpool, Accrington Stanley and Carlisle United player has received support from across the football community.

Rovers boss Joey Barton, as well as 40 of the club's players, coaches and staff shaved their heads in support of the left-back in January.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/65348031

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024