Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. 20:01 - Dec 18 with 4348 viewsHighjack

Scotland’s drug death rate is now the highest in Europe and double what it was only six years ago. Three and a half times higher than the rest of the U.K. The health minister has lost his job and been replaced by a dedicated drugs minister. Nicola Sturgeon to her credit has abandoned her usual tactic of blaming everything on the English and taken full responsibility and humbly accepted that her and her governments record is “indefensible” on this issue.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-55368574

Why do you think Scotland has such a problem? What is the solution?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 21:25 - Dec 20 with 1115 viewsMrSwerve

It just makes people poorer as they’ll buy it anyway. Minimum unit pricing is a load of bollocks and means my bottle of spirit is extortionate for no reason.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 07:44 - Dec 21 with 1064 viewsDr_Winston

Yup. Doesn't deter in any way. Just means a bottle of spirits costs £3 extra.

It's the sort of nannying, well meaning but ultimately pointless legislation that Governments should be required to avoid.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 10:35 - Dec 21 with 1040 viewsHighjack

The mad thing is the extra money goes straight into the retailers till. If they had made it a sort of tax or did what they did with carrier charges and make the money go towards helping people with problems it would have been a bit more tolerable.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 10:37 - Dec 21 with 1039 viewsonehunglow

On the other hand,having cheap alcohol isn't the answer.Having far cheaper soft drinks in pubs would help somewhat.

Main problem we have is the legacy of a heavy drinking Industrial nation where men were expected to go out and drink

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 12:43 - Dec 21 with 1028 viewsBarrySwan

Cheaper soft drinks in a pub wouldn't make a scrap of difference if someone has gone up the pub for a pint would it?

I'm struggling to think of anyone I know popping up the pub for a drink with the boys ( or ladies of course) and saying 'Pint of your best please landlord'....... "Oh hang on a minute, I see that your orange juice is down to 50p a glass, I'll have a glass of that instead"

I'm saying that as someone who quite often meets up with my pals and will have a coffee or soft drink rather than a pint and would be quite happy for cheaper soft or hot drinks or indeed a competitively priced pint if I feel like it.

The problem is the incompetent morons down the Bay of Plenty thinking that putting up the price of alcohol will prevent problem drinking.

Once again the majority of the population have to put up with prices artificially raised by the clowns in charge of the country because a minority of alkies and serial drunks can't control themselves.

I'm fed up of the rest of us having to suffer the consequences of those such as junkies and alchoholics rather than those sections of society being taken to task instead and whose actions presumably lead the hapless politicians by the nose in their knee jerk reactions.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 13:21 - Dec 21 with 1018 viewsonehunglow

With all due respect BS,many is the time Ive been in a bar and simply wanted a decent orange juice rather that having ale and then driving. It is ludicrous that beer is cheaper than a bottle of orange juice.

Im fed up personally with the kunts who drink then drive myself putting us all into danger.

We need to drink less,we need to do it now and anything that helps is ok by me.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 14:08 - Dec 21 with 1006 viewsHighjack

Language Timothy.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 14:18 - Dec 21 with 999 viewsHighjack

Why is it ludicrous? Oranges are fresh foodstuffs that have to be transported halfway around the world. Beer is made easily with grains and water. Beer should be a lot cheaper than it is. There’s a lot of tax added to it as well.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 14:28 - Dec 21 with 995 viewsBarrySwan

Beer cheaper than orange juice?

You'll have to let us all know which pubs you drink in, we'll all join up when the crisis is over.

As I've already pointed out I quite often have a weak shandy then orange juice or a coffee when meeting up with my mates and driving or just soft drinks all together. So I've no idea why the mention of drink driving which is a totally different issue.

As I've also mentioned the cheaper the better for soft drinks and no artificially higher priced alcohol for the rest of us just because a minority consisting of serial drunks and alkies can't control themselves.

Same with the politicians interference on sweet sugar based items.

Do they insist that manufacturers reduce sugar levels in their products?

No they slap an extra tax on these items which decreases the intake of absolutely nothing but just costs us more to buy them.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 15:01 - Dec 21 with 984 viewsNotLoyal

Is it really higher than Edinburgh in the 80’s ?
If it is then they are seriously knackered.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 18:51 - Dec 21 with 965 viewsCatullus

I used to drink orange squash when I played snooker in my local social club, it cost me 20p a pint. Next door in the William Hancock it was a quid. That stank back then, does squah in pubs still cost a fortune?

I do wonder what happens when people can't afford their cigs, beer or wine, do any turn to shoplifting? Or go without food to feed their habit. Do some not feed their kids?

It's typical of the government...any government to tax the majority instead of dealing with the root causes.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 18:57 - Dec 21 with 964 viewsonehunglow

You wouldn't like it here Barr

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 01:08 - Dec 23 with 910 viewsNotLoyal

Root cause of the majority of hungry kids is shit parenting.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 07:37 - Dec 23 with 893 viewsTreforys_Jack

Not a popular statement I'd imagine, no less true though. Maybe not the majority but a large percentage fairly certainly.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 09:12 - Dec 23 with 882 viewsonehunglow

And in many cases Fathers who feck off .

Our greatest social issue.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 12:23 - Dec 23 with 871 viewsHighjack

There’s also so many instances of a couple breaking up and then using the child as a weapon against the other. Now for those on here who take everything far too literally I don’t mean they pick the child up by the legs and use them as a makeshift club, but they use them as a psychological weapon, where they either withhold custody of visits or plant things in the little ones mind to hurt the other.

And the poor kid is stuck in the middle and god knows what damage is being done to them.

Scotland and her spiralling drug problem. on 15:28 - Dec 23 with 853 viewsonehunglow

True enough

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:34 - Jan 2 with 814 viewsonehunglow

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024