Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ollie Turton 20:03 - May 5 with 512 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Neil Critchley speaks up for unsung Blackpool hero Ollie Turton

Neil Critchley believes Mr Reliable Ollie Turton probably doesn’t get the recognition he deserves

Blackpool’s longest-serving player, who has been at the seaside since 2017, has played an integral role this season.

The full-back, 28, proved his versatility during Saturday’s 3-0 win at Northampton Town, starting the game at wing-back before moving into central midfield following the injury to Ethan Robson.

Head coach Critchley said: “He went in midfield and made a real contribution to the team in a positive way in the middle of the pitch.

“I’ve known Ollie since he was very young at Crewe. He’s been at Blackpool a good few years now and he’s been a good servant for us.

“You know you can play him anywhere on the pitch and he gives you everything he’s got every single game.

“He’s a top player who goes under the radar a little bit but I can assure you he’s very much appreciated by myself, the staff and the players.”

Turton wasn’t the only player to receive praise from Critchley on Saturday, when top scorer Jerry Yates also drew his boss’ attention.

The striker ended a six-game run without a goal by bagging a brace to take his tally for the season to 22, with 20 of those coming in League One .

It’s not just Yates’ goals that have proved important, though, it’s also his willingness to press and work tirelessly for the team.

“He’s got a fantastic mentality,” Critchley added.

“You think about the amount of games he’s played — back-to-back games, 90 minutes.

“He gives absolutely everything for the team.

“He’s selfless in how he works and those two goals will give him a big lift.

“They were proper centre-forward’s goals — the six-yard ones, the scruffy ones, the tap-ins.

“But he’s got to be in there to get those goals and he’s capable of getting all types of goals.

“It was really important for Jerry to get back among the goals because goalscorers get confidence from scoring goals.

“I like those tap-ins from inside the six-yard box. They’re scruffy but you have to be in there to get them.

“His work for the team is unbelievable. He’s selfless and game after game after game he gives everything to the team, so this will give him a big lift.

“I’m delighted for him because his contribution for the team is outstanding.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/neil-critchley-sp

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ollie Turton on 06:10 - Jun 1 with 479 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Relief for Ollie Turton as Blackpool recover from horror start to beat Lincoln and secure promotion to the Championship

There was an overriding feeling of relief for Ollie Turton after Blackpool managed to recover from their horror start to secure promotion to the Championship.

Kenny Dougall was the unlikely hero as Neil Critchley’s men overcame Lincoln City 2-1 to win the League One play-off final.

The game couldn’t have started much worse though, as Turton inadvertently turned Brennan Johnson’s cross into the back of his own net after just 48 seconds

It goes down as the quickest own goal in a club game in Wembley history.

But, as they have done all season, the Seasiders rallied and claimed a richly deserved victory and promotion.

“It came so quickly and I really couldn't do much about it,” Turton said of his own goal, speaking to Sky Sports after the game.

“But thankfully the lads have put in a great shift. Kenny scored two great goals and we were thoroughly deserved winners.

“Kenny did what Kenny does. We always knew he had a good strike on him and when it comes to him outside the box we always fancy him to at least hit the target.

“We had a game plan and after the start we had we still knew we just had to stick to it. We wanted to try to get in behind them and we knew that if we stuck to the plan we would have chances.”

Blackpool’s win secures a return to the second tier of English football, six years on from their acrimonious relegation - which resulted in a second successive demotion the following year.

But the club is now a united one on and off the pitch under Critchley and the ownership of Simon Sadler.

“The gaffer has been great all year. He's given us a way to play,” Turton said.

“I've been here four years now and the only way is up for this club with the owner and manager. This club is going to go places.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/relief-for-ollie-

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Ollie Turton on 06:30 - Jun 1 with 470 viewsspell_chekker

He'll be out of contract at the end of June.

From what Critchley's saying in the interview, we'll be offering him a new contract.

I'm not so sure Turton"d be first choice at championship level. It's up to him to prove us wrong.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Ollie Turton on 20:10 - Jun 3 with 462 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ollie Turton on 20:26 - Jun 3 with 447 viewsspell_chekker

Wow, I didn't see that one coming.

Good for you Ollie.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Ollie Turton on 21:42 - Jun 3 with 436 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Huddersfield Town agree the signing of Ollie Turton
- Defender to sign a two-year contract, with a Club option year

Many thanks and all the best Ollie

Ollie Turton on 07:23 - Jun 4 with 408 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ollie Turton on 01:38 - Jun 7 with 339 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Ollie Turton on 10:41 - Jul 3 with 305 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024