Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Union Chapel 09:52 - Oct 7 with 2815 viewsdermyqpr

Looking for a bit of help here. So Manchester Orchestra (who! I hear you say) have announced dates for a short European tour. It's an acoustic concert, 2 in the UK. Union Chapel and Gorilla Manchester. As I have booked to go to the States to see them next month I really want to be able to go see them in North London (or Manchester) but alas it seems there is no tickets available.
Dates are 13/14 January (Union Chapel first). Ticketmaster seemingly had some tickets and of course the venues but I am not seeing any anywhere now.
Any help /suggestions welcomed.

Union Chapel on 10:17 - Oct 7 with 2768 viewsE17hoop

Sold Out - go to Twickets and hope for a return/resale.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Championship Playoffs - who's going up?

Union Chapel on 10:54 - Oct 7 with 2713 viewsJuzzie

I did the production (as in manufacturing) of their recent album, 'The Million Masks Of God' :)

Haven't listened to it though.

Union Chapel on 11:10 - Oct 7 with 2692 viewsdermyqpr

Oh wow!

So you are saying there's a chance Juzzie 😳

Union Chapel on 11:14 - Oct 7 with 2682 viewsdermyqpr

You should give TMMOG a listen. So good. They are a terrific band.
So anything lying about at work that would be collectible 😎
Might be a beer in it 😏

Union Chapel on 11:15 - Oct 7 with 2675 viewsJuzzie

I have no involvement with concert promotions I'm afraid.

Union Chapel on 11:19 - Oct 7 with 2650 viewsJuzzie

I did have a sample copy of the CD earlier in the year but that's long gone. Once we check the initial manufacturing sample we have to pass it over to the Label.

Nice artwork though.

Union Chapel on 11:29 - Oct 7 with 2630 viewsrobith

As twickets already mentioned -Try Scarlet Mist - you can set an alert for an event for when someone puts a ticket up.

In my current experience you can pick up tickets to almost anything close to the date as people choose not to go

Scanning twitter in the days before is a gold mine too, as is the event page for the show on last.fm

Union Chapel on 11:34 - Oct 7 with 2616 viewscollegeranger

I have been to Union Chapel a few times without tickets and you queue to the side for returns. Both times I got in after about 10 minutes after the gig started. No guarantee that this will apply to this gig but the last time a mate did this he got into Richard Hawley and half way a guest joined him - Paul Weller - says it was one of his best gigs!

Union Chapel on 11:46 - Oct 7 with 2585 viewsdermyqpr

Weller!! One of my all-time hero's.

So is it a good venue for this type of gig?

Union Chapel on 11:48 - Oct 7 with 2582 views1MoreBrightonR

https://www.ticketswap.uk/ is also good for face value resale tickets.

Union Chapel on 12:29 - Oct 7 with 2525 viewsLandshark

I love Manchester Orchestra, didn't know they were touring. Luckily it's only acoustic, I'm not sad to miss out on that.

Put something on Twitter too, I'm sure people with spare tickets will turn up nearer the time.

Union Chapel on 14:25 - Oct 7 with 2442 viewsrobith

I saw Jeff Mangum there and once you get over the weirdness of being in a church and how uncomfortable the pews are, it's a special place for an acoustic show

Union Chapel on 14:34 - Oct 7 with 2427 viewsKonk

If you were brought-up going to church as a kid, then sitting on a pew with a pint, watching a band in a church is initially a bit odd, but it's a good venue for acoustic gigs.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Union Chapel on 14:35 - Oct 7 with 2427 views1MoreBrightonR

Its a great, and slightly surreal place for a gig, but agree, really uncomfortable!

Union Chapel on 06:27 - Oct 8 with 2192 viewswestberksr

lovely little venue; especially for anything quirky like an acoustic set.

Saw Roy Ayers there a couple of years ago and also Jorja Smith doing a little thing for shelter.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024