Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 16:49 - Feb 15 with 19706 viewsNotLoyal

It’s the meeting of two teams. The teams are known to everyone, some don’t care, most will possibly. It’s a bit like the Spanish inquisition without the Spanish who don’t inquire. Bastille ? Is that ok ? Who cares ? Ollie Mc street fighter might be there, Brewster millions where ever he is might appear. There will be a ball and men, it’s the men that make the difference as long as they have a ball.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57062/the-rest-of-februa

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57065/sheffield-united-b

Sheffield United: Wes Foderingham, George Baldock, John Fleck, Chris Basham, Sander Berge, Billy Sharp (captain), John Egan, Oliver Norwood, Jack Robinson, Morgan Gibbs-White, Rhys Norrington-Davies.

Substitutes: Adam Davies, Oli McBurnie, Ben Davies, Conor Hourihane, Charlie Goode, Iliman Ndiaye, Daniel Jebbison.

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Finley Burns, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Cyrus Christie, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Joel Latibeaudiere; Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson, Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Ben Hamer, Ryan Bennett, Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Michael Obafemi, Kyle Joseph, Yan Dhanda.

There could be more to follow.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:32 - Feb 19 with 1612 viewsDr_Parnassus

Don't be so negative.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:34 - Feb 19 with 1606 viewsSTID2017

Methinks you are trolling me ?

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:37 - Feb 19 with 1588 viewsDr_Parnassus

Not at all. Patience isn't it.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:43 - Feb 19 with 1576 viewsSTID2017

As you were then

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 23:49 - Feb 19 with 1564 viewsDr_Parnassus

Ta

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:00 - Feb 20 with 1551 viewssw02sea

Allen, Winter and Martin should hang their heads in shame, in compromising our previous chief scout Andy Scott’s position so much, he had to leave.
Cooper saw what value he could bring, by bringing him back at Forest.
If you look at his previous club to us, Brentford, and look at some of the players he sourced, Forest will now be the beneficiaries, not us.
Big, big mistake for the future of our club.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 00:24 - Feb 20 with 1527 viewssw02sea

It Seems like Luke Williams knew exactly what he was doing.
Jumping ship, before it was due to hit the oncoming icebergs.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:04 - Feb 20 with 1266 viewsonehunglow

Smart man.
Our fans will see the light soon.
ALL of them,even the super fans.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:14 - Feb 20 with 1254 viewsmajorraglan

Does anyone know for definite the reason Williams left?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 11:42 - Feb 20 with 1202 viewsswan65split

It"ll be like taking up knitting....

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:00 - Feb 20 with 1171 viewskrunchykarrot

And that is the problem we have in a nutshell. However persisting with the system with current players is insane or genius as long as we are safe and players identified to come in.

People criticising our way of playing is fair enough, however i believe there are 2 ways to get out this division play football and go up with a decent young squad . Or secondly spend large ammounts of money on players who are not good enough for Prem squads Ayew being a bad example MGW a better option etc.

I dont think RM is a bad coach i think he is inexperienced and has made some bad selection decisions which has brought hesitancy into the squad, this along with some players who obviously cant play in this system is our problem. Adding 3 or 4 pacy players to this squad and things will look different hopefully.

I dont want a team with Bennet and Ben at CH , with 2 FB and whatever combination left to feed Piroe and MO.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:19 - Feb 20 with 1151 viewsonehunglow

I do.
Also RM is an appalling coach

Opinions

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 12:45 - Feb 20 with 1109 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

"I dont think RM is a bad coach i think he is inexperienced and has made some bad selection decisions which has brought hesitancy into the squad, this along with some players who obviously cant play in this system is our problem"

Can you not see how bizzare that sounds?

You acknowledge that...

He's inexperienced
Makes bad selection decisions
Persists in selecting players who cannot play in the system he employs
He needs players with pace (after alienating and finally sending out our two fastest wide players on loan)

How can you think the above and then not accept he's a bad coach? It isn't as if he's proven successful elsewhere and this spell with us is against the norm.

MK Dons have flourished since he abruptly left them.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 13:44 - Feb 20 with 1041 viewsmajorraglan

The club became very successful after it previously developed a style of possession based football and I get what the club is trying to do now but it’s no longer that simple. The club is trying to reset but it is now playing at a much higher level and it’s more difficult. Clubs now have analysts reviewing future opponents and anyone watching the Swans will report back on how the club set out, how they play and what needs to be done to get a result. If Bournemouth had analysts watching the Stoke or Sheffield games they’ll know exactly what they need to do to get a result later this week. Martin needs to continue to develop his style, but he also needs to have a Plan B and a Plan C because if the players don't give the opposition something to think about and force them deeper it’s just going to invite more pressure and it becomes a vicious circle.

I maybe wrong, but back in the day wasn’t it Alan Curtis who defended a corner at Man City or somewhere similar by placing two of the shorter faster players close to the half way line? This forced the opposition to drop players who would normally take up positions in the box back to counter the threat of a counter attack. Mix it up and give people something to think about.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 14:22 - Feb 20 with 1005 viewsunion_jack

From what I’ve seen so far I think Martin is a hopeless coach.

I keep looking for some rehearsed, well though out moves on the pitch and don’t seen any at all. All he seems to have ‘coached’ is passing out from the back. Absolutely nothing after that.

A good coach will also fire up his side. Not seen any sign of that either or at least not to the level required.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:26 - Feb 20 with 945 viewskrunchykarrot

The selection decisions are not optional, he could change but obviously wont. As for the players out on loan they are both inexperienced and MW lightweight IMHO from what ive witnessed. I like pacy possesion based football as you cannot defend against it.

Im currently watching your side who even with the billions they have are not performing with any definitive style unlike their neigbours in pale blue and Liverpool. We could sack RM and bring someone in like MUFC have and not make any difference. Im suprised you dont want to give RM more time considering whom you support, unless of course you know of some obscure manager who could implement their style on team like MK Dons.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 15:43 - Feb 20 with 929 viewsonehunglow

Dan James overated too.
Seems he's doing ok to me.
Leeds fans far more demanding than ours and seem happy with him.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:16 - Feb 20 with 903 viewskrunchykarrot

"Leeds fans far more demanding than ours and seem happy with him."

And the manager's style of playing, although they are getting worked out more and more. I look at the game today and i think if youre a young footballing CH the skys the limit.

Its all about opinions OHL and im not sure im correct, but i think the way RM wants his teams to play is the correct way for a club to progress on a budget. As for Dan James pace will never ever be able to be defended against, if his touch was a bit better he would still be at Old Trafford.

Ive watched the Swans for a long time and at present i feel fans are not sure to stick or twist as the style is correct but the current players are unable to perform at the pace required.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 16:49 - Feb 20 with 875 viewsonehunglow

Thanks and a respectful reply.
I could not disagree more.
Watch Wolves now...
Keeper indeed starts play but not by stoking it 3 yards to a full who is parallel but to a full back who has moved wide thus stretching the pitch ,as it were.
Martin is deluded and has it all wrong.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 17:57 - Feb 20 with 824 viewskrunchykarrot

Watching 56min and Wolves do same thing allbeit a 2 yard pass. But im not disagreeing that its not working with us as it seems a 50-50 call at min so it needs to be varied. Also most of the Prem defenders are a lot pacier and comfortable on the ball.

Whilst watching Wolves keeper hit nippy winger from 50yrds in wind mind you fair do's. Someone posted that analysts have worked us out, i stated ages ago any cross ball in behind FB will put us deep in dodo. And any players like Jonjo will masacre this formation .

A classic case of getting in behind was Ben who laid in to Kane who turned it first time around the corner last night for Spurs third.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 18:20 - Feb 20 with 803 viewsshingle

The Russell Martin bag of after match excuses yesterday give us the our young squad and players will learn ready for next season excuse, so it seems the younger than our squads of Bournemouth, Forest and Blackburn must be more intelligent then us then.

Sheffield United v Swansea City : Matchday Thread on 19:06 - Feb 20 with 765 viewskrunchykarrot

Or their fringe players like Bennet Jay Smith Hamer etc are younger. Though i think our problem is we havent got an experienced CH who can play this system.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024