Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update 14:06 - Sep 16 with 16912 viewsSonofNorfolt

Every cloud and all that....

Leaving from the Black Horse Oldfield Lane, Greenford. (Nr Greenford tube.)
The pub will open early for breakfast, liquid or otherwise.

Email me for details with your phone number please.

melh64@hotmail.co.uk

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 15:35 - Sep 19 with 3909 viewsNorthantsHoop

Still think London Pride is a decent pint, in recent months have been going into the Queens Head at Brook Green before a match and it's good in there. Up here in Northampton there is a local pub in Ecton that has Pride and that is always good.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 15:49 - Sep 19 with 3876 viewsLythamR

Way back when (77-82)the best Pride and ESB in Hillingdon/Uxbridge was to be found in the Red Lion and the Prince of Wales on Hillingdon Hill the landlord of the POW in particular was meticulous and would take off the ESB unless he felt it was spot on

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 16:26 - Sep 19 with 3824 viewsMick_S

Red Lion for us yesterday. The Prince has gone; became a Shisha restaurant that turned into a late night drinker for the local youth. Too much trouble, lost their licence and the upper floor caught fire. What a waste.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 19:44 - Sep 19 with 3645 viewsted_hendrix

Give my love to Jenny when you see him.

(When I say love I don't mean you know that type of love)x

x

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 20:42 - Sep 19 with 3562 viewsNorthantsHoop

Have you still got the Fullers passport we did in 1983/84, think you did all 120 odd pubs, I did about 70. Remember that day we took off work late 1983 and did a lot of the Brentford and Chiswick pubs.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2022 20:44]

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 21:30 - Sep 19 with 3499 viewscolinallcars

I recall the Fullers Passport and also the Youngs 135 club. We all wore the little Ram badge. God, we had some times visiting all those pubs.
We always had a good few in each pub. Some people just had a half, got the stamp and buggered off. Charlatans !
Tell that to yoongsters today and they wouldn't believe yer.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 21:46 - Sep 19 with 3493 views222gers

I had a crack at the 135 club, I think you got a small barrel of Special and a Youngs tie if you did all 135 pubs.
I just missed it - there was a pub in Plumpton I didn't get to, one that was closed for some reason and a few more before I ran out of steam (and money). Anyone else do either treks ?
As for ESB, yes, it's bloody dynamite. I got on a tube at Chiswick Park bound for Baron's Court and woke up in Essex one Saturday.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 01:15 - Sep 20 with 3392 viewsSonofNorfolt

Will do Ted, he's not as crazy these days.
Yet, still crazier than most........
Are you good mate?

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 01:25 - Sep 20 with 3389 viewsSonofNorfolt

Yes Rich,

128 I think? They've got about 500 now.
My porcelain firkin and jugs are behind the bar (wahey) hidden by my books.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 12:31 - Sep 20 with 3190 viewscolinallcars

I have it on good authority, that when the Royal party drove past Fullers on the A4 yesterday, Charles leaned over and said to Camilla “d'you know old girl, that ESB's quite something”

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 12:57 - Sep 20 with 3173 viewsTheChef

Ah that's what happened to it. I drive past it on the way home from work. Looks like they are trying to refurb it but it's taking a while...

Also that other place on Harlington Road which used to be a pub, then became the Taj Mahal restaurant for a few months which closed and now also undergoing a very slow refurb. Odd.

Not to mention the used car place behind it which somehow survives - can only assume it's a front for dodgy stuff.

Strange road that!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 13:31 - Sep 20 with 3138 viewsLythamR

Was that the Turks Head, also used to be a nice boozer back in the day even though it was a courage house

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 13:38 - Sep 20 with 3130 viewsTheChef

Yeah that's the one.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 15:30 - Sep 20 with 3069 viewsMick_S

You cad! I live there. That’s gloves off, that is.

Little edit: The Prince went first so all the locals that used to use both pubs went to The Turks full time. The new owners called it The Brushwood and tried to gastro pub it which didn’t work. Reverted to The Turks. Prince could be a bit lively, although not too bad; The Turks was a very friendly place - Sunday afternoons were tremendous. No drugs, no trouble, but a boisterous place at times. That went and the locals now use the cricket club on Coney Green

There is something very dodgy about the two ex pubs, especially The Prince. Turks will be flats one day, but it’s gone quiet. As for the car place?

I’ll have to ask next time I’m in the cricket club.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2022 17:05]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 17:39 - Sep 20 with 2981 viewsSonofNorfolt

Anyhow you tarts. This thread is not supposed to be about where my former school friends now drink, but transport.
Transport, transport, transport.
To Bristol, and back if you're lucky.

I will now be running a minimum of a 70 seater coach, so if you are quick there a still a couple of places left.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 19:55 - Sep 20 with 2880 viewsGroveR

Really wish you all the best with the ACV and listing but the Goldsmiths Arms in Acton had both of those.

Goldsmiths Arms now.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 22:35 - Sep 20 with 2755 viewsted_hendrix

All good Mel, all good-ta.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 09:46 - Sep 21 with 2578 viewsterryb

Proper Job is indeed wonderful & a must for our pre match drinking!

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 14:06 - Sep 21 with 2428 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Aw!

So this is where everyone is!

Can I come too?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 15:55 - Sep 21 with 2354 viewsdenhamhoop2

Depends what is your bitter of choice for me I will always have a pint of Abbotts if there is a possibility the Railway had the Connoiseur for a 6 week period never had it on again it was 8.% so that may have played a part

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 16:12 - Sep 21 with 2323 viewsPlanetHonneywood

More than welcome Brian, just as soon as you swear allegiance to His Majesty Charles the Third, by the Grace of God, of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and of His other Realms and Territories, King, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.

This shouldn't be a problem for you.

Your investiture ceremony is set for Friday 19:00; where you will be anointed with the holy oil of London Pride.

I know many dignitaries who flew out after Monday's funeral are on their way back.

GSTBMc

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 16:16 - Sep 21 with 2313 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I worship at the feet of King Stanley and Sir Les.

I shall put no false Gods before them, John.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 23:31 - Sep 21 with 2066 viewsSonofNorfolt

Return flight from Cork to Heathrow, Friday to Sunday.
Crash at mine.
Get on coach. Possibly return.
Bucket list greater than Machu Picchu ticked off.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 07:05 - Sep 22 with 2017 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks a million for the offer, Mel. Really appreciate that.

Actually in Bilbao that weekend on the annual Mates Weekend and doing a bit of Mel Groundhopping while there. Going to see Athletic v Almería.

Coach to Bristol City Oct 1 update on 09:04 - Sep 22 with 1959 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Bloody time waster!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024