Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adjusting to Willock’s absence. 17:12 - Oct 6 with 2672 viewsjohnhoop

However long Chris Willock is out for and while I’m certain we’re all fervently hoping it’s as little time as possible, we know for sure he won’t be playing tomorrow and quite possibly till after the World Cup.
So we know we have to reorganise for Reading tomorrow. The two real alternatives seem to be to replace Willock with Dykes and play 4-3 -2-1 or maybe put someone else ( Amos maybe ) in Willock’s position and continue with the “false 9.”
Was wondering what people’s thoughts are on the best way to go.

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 17:22 - Oct 6 with 2596 viewsJames_Paddocks

Potentially Taylor Richards can slot in?

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 17:24 - Oct 6 with 2583 viewsDavieQPR

Tyler-Roberts for Willock and Dykes up front? Taylor-Richards last 15 mins.

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 17:27 - Oct 6 with 2564 viewsthompsonridd

Adomah in for Willock and Dykes up top instead of Roberts!!

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 17:27 - Oct 6 with 2562 viewsdannyblue

Two options I think...

1. Just bring Dykes in, and Roberts plays in Willock's position, without changing shape.
2. Or replace Willock with a defender, go three at the back, which could actually be more attacking with Laird and Paal getting further forward.

I don't know anything about how Reading play, which would inform that decision.

Either way we're noticeably weaker.

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 17:38 - Oct 6 with 2500 viewsdaveB

I think he'll go Dykes in for Willock and play the same way especially at home but he does also have the option of putting an extra centre half in for a midfield playet, going 3 at the back and playing roberts and Chair behind Dykes

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 17:45 - Oct 6 with 2467 viewsR_from_afar

I like your option 1 but I too don't know if that would work against Reading specifically.

As others have said, we do at least have more attacking options than the last time Willock was injured.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 18:09 - Oct 6 with 2353 viewsHayesender

Dykes best game for us so far was Reading at home last season, so go with him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 18:51 - Oct 6 with 2187 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought Dykes made a real impact against Stoke 2nd half last home game and we should have won it. We need to get him to rough Reading up a bit at the back and get Roberts and Chair to pick up the balls he wins. Needs a scrappy goal our Lyndon to get his confidence up.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2022 18:52]

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 20:11 - Oct 6 with 1965 viewsPlanetHonneywood

When's that Brighton bloke set to honour us with his presence?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 21:46 - Oct 6 with 1753 viewsCamberleyR

Just reading his Wiki I didn't realise he got injured during his medical for his loan at Birmingham last season!

"He suffered an injury during the medical with the club, falling into the edge of a board during a jumping test that looks at the fitness of a player's calf. Manager Lee Bowyer said "I have never heard anything like this. The players have done it a thousand times — it's just this season, he did it ten times and then he does it. It's crazy. I have never heard of a player getting injured in the medical."

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Adjusting to Willock’s absence. on 09:42 - Oct 7 with 1289 viewsbosh67

He is in training again. Remember he is a lifelong QPR fan as well, so hoping for good things from him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024