Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back 23:06 - Nov 8 with 2566 viewsrrrspricey

Well to CharingX

Not until the final couple of minutes did I think we'd come out of that empty-handed. Christ alone knows how many shots we had tonight, albeit mostly off target.

Some poor choices, poor finishing in general, a sitter missed (again) by Dykes and a couple of decent saves from the keeper meant another nill point.

Fųck knows why there was only 5 minutes added time, they were wasting time from the start of the second half. Ref was píss poor, constantly telling them to hurry up, particularly the keeper, but doing nothing about it until just before the end . Do it early doors and we might actually start seeing some red cards for all the shíthousery that blights the game.

Saying that, we could still be playing now and no have scored. We need a bit more strength in depth so when we're chasing goals we have something better than Bonne to fo it.

End on a positive, Richards looked good when he came on and had a couple of decent efforts.

Onwards and upwards

Just back on 23:17 - Nov 8 with 2473 viewsqpr_1968

well put.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Just back on 23:33 - Nov 8 with 2409 viewsWatfordR

I'm going to leave posting much about that ref tonight until tomorrow, but I think 0/10 for his performance might be a bit generous. They were time wasting from as soon as they got in front, and you just knew there wasn't going to a yellow card brandished for time wasting until the 80 somethingth minute. Handballs missed, numerous free kicks awarded wrongly, blatant shirt pulling at every corner ignored.

Something has to be done, because these days it's like turning up and finding Gurnham Singh in charge of every sodding game.

Just back on 00:02 - Nov 9 with 2294 viewsStanisgod

You expect nothing less from a Gavin Ward game, hes Keith Strouds b#sttard love child.
Youd find it hard to find, even at todays lowly standards, a more weak, easy to bully, no authority, useless little man than this one. Same every game.
Their free kick for the first was after a blatant shirt pull right in front of an equally inept lino that should have been OUR free kick, happened 3 times now lately, but ok defend the set piece.
The classic was that brilliant Jinmy Dunne tackle that he blew for a foul, absolutely priceless. He also should have booked the little cheat that rolled round shot and then jumped up and ran after the ball, is that not ungentlemanly conduct?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Just back on 00:04 - Nov 9 with 2283 viewsNed_Kennedys

The time wasting wasn’t why we lost tonight: another 5 minutes wouldn’t have helped us score.
Awful performance against a team who are still bottom despite deservedly beating us this evening.

Just back on 00:24 - Nov 9 with 2230 viewsSydneyRs

Book someone early as soon as it starts. Add an extra minute or two for each time it happens. Would soon sort it.

This absolute nonsense of no cards for it until injury time is pointless.

Just back on 00:30 - Nov 9 with 2214 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I didn't think their time wasting was that bad either. No goals again at the Loft end is starting to get a bit weird.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Just back on 06:08 - Nov 9 with 2014 viewsnix

Absolutely. This ref completely lost the game at one point. Huddersfield weren't even trying to take free kicks, goal kicks or throw ins until he did his urging them on or rolling his hands, doing the locomotion, routine.

Whether or not it made a difference to us winning or losing is not the point, it kills the game as a spectacle. Most teams do it in the last fifteen minutes but they were at it from the 26th minute when their second goal goes in. To wait until injury time in the second half to clamp down on it just isn't good enough.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 6:20]

Just back on 06:20 - Nov 9 with 1992 viewsSimplyNico

I thought the Loft End did a good job of acting as a time keeper on their keeper's time wasting by counting the number of seconds he was holding on to the ball. It was 30 + for one of the kicks.

Just back on 07:13 - Nov 9 with 1850 viewsWatfordR

In fairness, I haven't posted about the team's performance, I posted about the ref's performance, and the general standard of refereeing. I agree that we should have had more than enough to collect three points tonight but we made a mess of it. I'm not sure that a team that has 36 shots posted up against them though could be described as winning "deservedly" though.

But look, one very simple point here. Whatever you think of the amount of time wasting, the ref has been warning them for time wasting since about the 53rd minute. He has gone on rolling his hands telling them to hurry up....over and over and over and over
and over and over and over again. Thirty five minutes later, he books one of them for it.

Now, what do you think that does for the authority of the ref in the mind of Huddersfield players? Or ours, for that matter? To me, it makes him look weak, and that is then his own fault, no one elses. When you think about players disputing ref's decisions constantly, it's because they know they can do it without consequence, and therefore it's a free hit to influence the game in their favour.

Pinner Paul has explained before the funding arrangements for football officiating, and why therefore some LOTG are effectively ignored because managers and clubs don't like them. This is wrong and needs to stop.

In these arguments, I compare with officiating in rugby union, and how the officials' word is law, end of, and think back to the Ireland v England game last year when an England player was sent off in the first minute for an illegal tackle. I'm sure the TV broadcasters didn't like that, the game could have ruined (and actually wasn't thanks to a great England effort). But the LOTG said the player should go irrespective of when the tackle occurred, so off he went.

In my view, laws are laws and not open to interpretation. If they are, they either poor laws and should be scrapped, or not laws. If timewasting is against the LOTG in football, document properly how they should actioned, and apply them without individual interpretation. Then everyone knows where we are, and the chances are they are probably eradicated from the game to a large extent.

Over and above that, the refereeing when it requires the individual to spot offences and deal with them properly is dreadful at Championship level. Just appalling. Like I say, it's like watching Gurnham Singh over and over again, and the reason why everyone who saw him remembers him 40 years later is because his performance that day was exceptionally bad. Now that level of reffing is just par for the course. It is contributing to killing the game, I'm afraid.

Just back on 08:24 - Nov 9 with 1696 viewstraininvain

Disappointing result but I’m not too downhearted. It wasn’t a Cardiff at home or Peterborough away/home type performance from last season. 9 times out of 10 we’re winning last night’s game with the chances we/they had and our overall control of the game.

But we need to cut out the mistakes in defence. Even in the second half we weren’t winning basic first contact defensive headers. And Beale will be fuming that we gave away needless free kicks in dangerous areas when that was clearly Huddersfield’s best chance of getting something from the game.

It was a frustrating night but I disagree that Huddersfield were deserved winners. It was a smash and grab. Let’s hope the players use it as fuel to get a result on Saturday.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 8:25]

Just back on 08:32 - Nov 9 with 1666 viewsRangersDave

in the break we need to be playing friendlies against teams in other leagues.... choose them for their known tactics, work it all out, and sort it out.

Besides some new grounds would be nice too.

You know that rangers are going to come back after the break and look lethargic.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Just back on 09:11 - Nov 9 with 1585 viewsDamo1962

Great post. Brilliantly sums up the malaise in the modern game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024