Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” 09:21 - Feb 15 with 5064 viewsjohnhoop

I would imagine by now that most of even the most optimistic on here have now begun to realise we’re falling like a stone through the Division towards the relegation places.
So this is a thread for people to post hopefully constructive suggestions as to what we might be able to do to somehow halt the decline and stabilise so we don’t end up in League One next season.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:27 - Feb 15 with 4330 viewsozexile

4-4-2 diamond, stay compact. Big man little man up top, midfielders supporting. All goal kicks go long. Defenders no more than 2 touches.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:32 - Feb 15 with 4280 viewsRangersw12

I would go 352

Dieng

Kakay
Dickie
Dunne

Adomah or someone from the B/U21?
Paal

Johansen
Field
Chair

Armstrong
Martin

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:36 - Feb 15 with 4242 viewsNortholt_Rs

Sack Critchley today.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:37 - Feb 15 with 4240 viewsjoe90

Johansen can't be relied on with his fitness and that's the problem with the team. We can't play our strongest 11 consistently, plus we don't have depth in the squad. We solve one problem with another problem. It's been the bloody problem for the last 3 seasons!

I don't want to sound OTT, but are we looking at a Charlton style decline?

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:38 - Feb 15 with 4225 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Away 5-4-1. Try for the 0-0. Waste time from the off. Especially on Saturday. Bore everyone to sleep (more so than now). Any CBs we have get them on. Annoy the home fans and hopefully cause frustration from the home team. Nick a goal from long balls if possible. Proper crap stuff.
Home 3-5-2. Play on the counter with Lowe/Armstrong. Try and maintain possession. Use the wingbacks. Try and score early and blow away the oppo - See Hull/Boro at home.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:40 - Feb 15 with 4210 viewsRangersw12

I agree but then have to play Dozzel when Johansen isn't available

Like you say there isn't many options but Dickie and Dunne perform far better in a 3 and it gives us 2 up top

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:47 - Feb 15 with 4167 viewsterryb

I would take this any day rather than our "better" loanees playing.

Is Gubbins a centre half? If so, we would have the option of him as a third centre back & Kakay on the right.

I've no idea if Dixon-Bonner is good enough, but he couldn't be any worse & so he can compete for a midfield place.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:50 - Feb 15 with 4153 viewsthemodfather

first we need to score goals, the possession and attacking play breaks down too often and we get hit on the break,
we look an "easy touch" and too soft, too nice. we have no edge .
secondly we need some LUCK , that penalty last night , goalie goes one way, ball down the middle but his leg blocks it, good save but the odds on it?
third. a win. any win ,would see some confidence
fourth. teams below us have 2 games in hand and if they win even one, we are squeaky bum time, if not already . we look LIKE A CHINESE BALLOON, it has burst and falling fast, that is the motivation for teams around us.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:51 - Feb 15 with 4140 viewsBlue_Castello

Well I was going to post a thread saying FFS please try 3 at the back before it's too late, both Dickie and Dunne are very comfortable playing in a three, at the moment they look like rabbits in headlights because the pressure is always on them to make good passes or bring the ball out from the back.

Do not employ Dozzell as some form of Quarterback who acts as the automatic pass option for the defenders in the hope he can find a decent pass and spread the play, he showed last night he is just not up to the task.

Concentrate on the back 3/5 in training working as a unit, in defence they are a 5, when we have the ball the full backs become wing backs and have licence to bomb forward, if you have to play Gubbins or Kakay as part of the three, don't be afraid to give extra protection to the defence, we have potentially two players who at the top of their game are good wing backs, use them.

This obviously means playing 3-5-2 similar to how Warburton reverted to when things were going bad, use your best players to fill the other positions, personally I would stick Field Johansen and Chair in the three, it means Chair playing a bit deeper but he can dictate play from that position, the two up top will be two from Martin, Lowe, Armstrong, Roberts if he's ever fit and Dykes if he comes back this season, I'm hesitant to include Willock until we know he's fit and firing, on form he's our best option up front but I'm struggling to think we are going to see that form again this season.
[Post edited 15 Feb 2023 9:52]

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:55 - Feb 15 with 4094 viewsjoe90

Even Adomah hasn't got the legs for 90min's, so who replaces him or starts ahead of him?

Like you say, is there someone from the B team?

Agree about playing 3 at the back.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:56 - Feb 15 with 4083 viewsCamberleyR

Might not be popular, tin hat on but go and get Nathan Jones until the end of the season. He's a massive cnt but he'd be our massive cnt.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:59 - Feb 15 with 4064 viewsWestbourneR

I'm afraid they need to sack Critchley without delay.

Sometimes you just know a manager isn't going to work - and from the moment I saw his demeanour in the Luton game, and in turn the players body language I knew they had no chemistry. He's a dour matter-of-fact manager who can get a tune out of budget battlers up at Blackpool -- but our lot were dazzled by Beale's energy and personality (and optimism) and it's just clearly been a very depressing change of gear for a lot of them.

Frankly, looking at it, and with all that's gone on since - our widely shared disbelief that Warburton was being binned looks more and more correct. We'll struggle to get a better manager. I'd argue he was our best since Warnock.

So the question is -- who replaces Critchley? Tough one. Might need to be Ainsworth now

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 10:42 - Feb 15 with 3927 viewsQPROslo

Agree in principle about going 3 at the back but with Balogun still out, JCS out again, Dickie playing so poorly, Dunne making basic errors, Kakay was prone to positional error when he played CB as I remember and it's been while, Gubbins an unknown quality for me, I doubt it is the right time for this. Perhaps Field could play there but seem to remember it wasn't a success when he played there before either, plus we need him in midfield. If/when Balogun is back I'd be happy to go 3 with him Dunne and Dickie or JCS (if fit again) making the 3.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 11:06 - Feb 15 with 3817 viewsMedwayR

I don't think we have the players available for 3 at the back, so let's drill our back 4 Sacchi style - 30mins every day 10v5.

Go with Martin & Armstrong up front and get the ball into them asap, CB's won't enjoy playing against those two.

Go with 3 in CM and make sure we're bloody tough to play against, keep Chair as the 4th with freedom to create when possible, support the forwards, and run beyond them when possible.

Work on set-pieces, both defensively and offensively.

Poll: Who’s better?

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 11:10 - Feb 15 with 3796 viewsstanistheman

I have been saying 3 -5-2 for a few weeks now.

I agree with using our own players ,but think that Lowe offers more than Armstrong as far as goals are concerned. Also, Laird as a wing back might see him contributing some assists. If not, play Adomah or Kakay with Gubbins an option for the 3rd CB.

I would give players like Dixon-Bonner, Pedder & Koli places on the bench.

However, Critchley, it seems, won’t play this way. Personally I think he should be sacked and replaced with Chris Wilder on a 6 month deal ( he may only want a short term deal whilst waiting for a better run club) and a bonus if we finish top half.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 17:58 - Feb 15 with 3436 viewsPetros

This is exactly my team too. Turn Chair into a buzzy, hard working midfielder in a narrow midfield of 3. He is not a number 10, plays with his head down, no appreciation of angles.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 19:03 - Feb 15 with 3291 viewsloftus77

To answer the OP. We fervently hope that three other Championship clubs have been very, very, naughty and must be subjected to immediate and non-appealable points deductions by the EFL. 20pts each should do the trick. I'm guessing Birmingham, Reading and ..er.. Stoke(?). All three for breaking the rules. Somehow.

That is how.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 19:16 - Feb 15 with 3242 viewswortonranger

I had a rumour from a reliable source with regard to points deduction that 2 or 3 were in the doo doo, particularly Reading.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 20:14 - Feb 15 with 3124 viewsR_from_afar

Take the entire squad to The Repair Shop, as seen on the BBC?

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 21:02 - Feb 15 with 3024 viewsBushRanger82

How do we stay in the championship?

Pray.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 09:42 - Feb 16 with 2785 viewsjohnhoop

Agree very much with your suggestion of going to the 3-5-2 formation and with the players selected with the one exception that despite his recent drop in form I’d keep Laird in to play wing-back as I think he’s more suited to it and it would make the best of his abilities.
Otherwise I think it’s definitely the way to go and if Critchley is prepared to show any flexibility he should at least give it a try because what we’re doing at the moment is demonstrably not working.

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 11:56 - Feb 16 with 2648 viewsNov77

Since we were top we have the lowest points (joint) and the worst goal difference.
You wouldn’t think it was possible
[Post edited 16 Feb 2023 11:59]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 11:59 - Feb 16 with 2641 viewsloftboy

The only thing that can help us this season is the hope there are three teams who are worse!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 12:05 - Feb 16 with 2620 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"How do we stay in the Championship?"

Get our Manager to fugg off and desert us when we're top?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The “How do we stay in the Championship thread?” on 12:37 - Feb 16 with 2534 viewsCamberleyR

Fck me. That makes very grim and frightening reading.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024