Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ainsworth’s inheritance 09:16 - Feb 21 with 5171 viewsjohnhoop

One thing that occurred to me is that given that Clive previously and very memorably described Critchley taking over from Beale as being like going to a reading of the will and finding you’d been left the contents of the Ark of the Covenant, could there be any words in the English Language that could possibly do justice to the size of the clusterf-ck which Gaz Ainsworth will inherit if he takes the job?

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:31 - Feb 21 with 5014 viewsw7r

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 09:31 - Feb 21 with 5014 viewsw7r

He’s barmy to take it, but I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. As others have already stated the “supporting infrastructure” is not up scratch and until that is addressed it’ll be more of the same I fear.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 9:37]

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 4958 viewsSuffolk

Personally I don't think our squad is as bad as our run of results indicate. Neither do I believe that we are promotion material. I believe the squad is demoralised and is lacking a little bit of metal, drive and determination. I believe GA will bring these attributes to the club, but, the issue will be who will carry the attributes on the pitch for him. I like to believe that the board has identified the need of my three stated attributes hence the appointment of GA. I don't follow the wave of emotion that GA is a panic appointment by the board. Time will tell.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 10:32]

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 09:57 - Feb 21 with 4797 viewsessextaxiboy

Arriving at a gig and finding your amps are all broken

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 10:02 - Feb 21 with 4764 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Dieng

Paal
Dickie
Dunne
Laird / Kakay if Laird wants to throw it in.

Johansen
Field

Willock
Chair
Lowe

Martin

Do you really think if Ainsworth can galvanise that team by even 10% and get them running and tackling they can't get enough points to stay up? I appreciate that's the hard bit but that's literally what he's being brought in to do. There are more than enough bright spots in there if a manager can just get them to focus.

It's be interesting to see if Dobson comes with him and who he'll fill the staff with. It's a horrible, horrible job but they need inspiring and I'm not sure I can think of many more inspiring people than Gareth.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 10:09 - Feb 21 with 4706 viewsDorse

Going on a blind date with 'HotMILF69' only to find out it's your mum.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 10:21 - Feb 21 with 4633 viewsBlue_Castello

Yeah having now read every post on the Wild Thing thread there is as usual a great degree of negativity for whatever actions the club/board take, surely the fact is we appointed a potentially good manager and got dumped, we then quickly replaced him with one of the candidates previously interviewed who met all the criteria, sadly it hasn't worked and you have to make a decision before it's too late.

So we're looking very quickly for somebody who can motivate the current squad, unfortunately Huddersfield beat us to the ideal appointment in Warnock, a motivator who would of recognised that you defend first and foremost to keep a clean sheet, his first team selection they played with a back 3/5 and they won. Without doubt were looking for a manager who can motivate the current squad, can Ainsworth do that with our current set of players, that's the problem does he have enough of the right players in the squad. It could all rest on whether the injured players can be bothered to get themselves fit for the fight, Ainsworth just needs the commitment of the players who were top of the league in October.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 10:31 - Feb 21 with 4557 viewsSuffolk

That team looks well suited to Ainsworth's interpretation of 4231. For me the missing part of the puzzle is someone to sit alongside Field in the 2. Johanson is always broken and I believe he doesn't have the legs for the role anymore. I don't think Tim or Dozzell are suited to the role. Interesting to hear that Scowen has been a success at Wycombe in the role.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 10:33 - Feb 21 with 4522 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

That was the hardest name to write! And if it isn't Stefan then I have no other answers really.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 11:10 - Feb 21 with 4304 viewsStrawberryHillR

For Ainsworth there is almost no downside. Even if we go down from here he can point to the shambles he has taken over.

Our league position when Critchley took over meant that, even after a stutter as Beale tarted himself around, there was a feeling that we were a good side, we just needed to get our heads straight and push on again.

This time, we're hurtling towards League 1 at a rate of knots, there's open revolt against the players and board, if he can just get 4 wins before the end of the season he'll be a hero, and if he doesn't it won't be his fault (entirely).

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 12:40 - Feb 21 with 3972 viewsTheChef

What, THIS Ark of the Covenant?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 12:48 - Feb 21 with 3894 viewsDavieQPR

Think it's a case of if GA flops the board will blame the fans saying 'we gave you what you wanted'.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 13:06 - Feb 21 with 3712 viewsDorse

I wanted Dom Ball.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 13:11 - Feb 21 with 3657 viewsDannyPaddox

It’s like you’re the 4th and final man in a 4 x 400m relay race, the baton is handed to you and off you go, but you look down at what you’re clutching and realise it’s not the baton you’re holding but the cursed battered saveloy of doom.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2023 13:22]

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 13:18 - Feb 21 with 3541 viewsMick_S

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dom+ball+song+qpr&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&am

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 16:41 - Feb 21 with 3137 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Chris Martin and Lyndon Dykes?

If GA is as industrial as he's made out (he isn't) then these two are going to have a field day aren't they.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 16:49 - Feb 21 with 3078 viewsVancouverHoop

I was thinking something similar. Especially for Dykes, who might finally have got a coach who can bring the best out of him.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 16:53 - Feb 21 with 3052 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 21:48 - Feb 21 with 2708 viewsLogman

Being upgraded to business class and then finding out that you are sitting next to Stacey Solomon.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 21:59 - Feb 21 with 2638 viewsQPRSteve

Rather her than her husband.

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 22:34 - Feb 21 with 2535 viewsMiss_Terraces

In my opinion, there are two different manages that take over this club, the one's that get us out of the sh!t and the one's who take us to the next level. The first one is Ollie and I love him for this, he came into our club when we were up sh!t creek without a paddle and used his hands when some of our more celebrated managers wouldn't have dirtied their hands. As much as I love Ollie I accept that he is not that man anymore. Gareth is who I believe we need right now but not for a promotion push.
18 months of Gareth I believe would be a positive because he would set a foundation that other managers could push on from, the same that Ollie provided.

It's just a shame that here we're again, when we were top of the League a few months ago

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Ainsworth’s inheritance on 23:06 - Feb 21 with 2430 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really fancy Stacy Solomon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024