Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham Match Thread 12:20 - Mar 17 with 38141 viewsSuperhoop83

I'm so desperate for things to turn around I've decided to start a match thread for the first time ever.

Somehow I predicted the Watford result, although Buzsaky didn't get the goal, so here's hoping for another one.

QPR 2 Birmingham 1

Suffering since 1978.

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:38 - Mar 18 with 3448 viewsBoston

Ainsworth is performing at an Alice Cooper tribute....

Welcome to my Nightmare.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:38 - Mar 18 with 3451 viewsQPunkR

I wouldn't bet against this squad finding a way!

QPR - "shit but local"

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:39 - Mar 18 with 3442 viewspaulparker

If it’s a miss matched group of players whose fault is it for getting those players in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:39 - Mar 18 with 3437 viewsManinBlack

Another team doing the double over us. Back to not scoring while Austin bags four away from home. Coventry showing us how bad Blackpool are and yet it seems I am wrong to call this team out as the worst I have seen in 50 years.

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:39 - Mar 18 with 3434 viewsMelakaRanger

Two absolutely dire teams

Birmingham had one goal chance and took it.

QPR had 4 or 5 clear goal chances and fluffed every one. We could have played another 6 hours and never really trouble their keeper

It was like watching the Harry Enfield football sketch only we were worse. Hoofball and kick and run and hope. The sort of football that is played by 8 years olds at playtime

I cannot see this team getting a single point out of the last matches.

It’s as bad as I have ever seen and I watched the season when we won just 3 games in the old Div 1

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:40 - Mar 18 with 3382 viewscolinallcars

To be fair to Dickie, he seems to have something on his mind. The Repeal Of The Corn Laws maybe.

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:40 - Mar 18 with 3378 viewsBakes

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:50 - Mar 18 with 3150 viewsBklynRanger

That's given me a laugh at least.

Joe Gubbins must have made a joke about Ruben's weight or something.

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:52 - Mar 18 with 3101 viewsjoe90

It’s not one person and I believe players were brought in with the best intention. You can take your tin hat off, there’s no conspiracy, we’re just sh1t.

Birmingham Match Thread on 17:54 - Mar 18 with 3055 viewsDiscodroids

We need a deep clean . All the persil in the world won't shift the stain of abject failure that permeates every strata of the club.

[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 17:59]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Birmingham Match Thread on 18:04 - Mar 18 with 2927 viewsthemodfather

just home and i bet the ball is still high in the air, with a brum shirt ready to clear it!
awful . their goal had 3 lining up tp tap home.
if i mention the ref it would start quakes felt thru europe!
if we go long ball, at least our forwards should be near it, not sure if we won a header all day.
GARETH SAID THE PLAYERS ARE FRAGILE, what does the fukcingmean?

Birmingham Match Thread on 18:09 - Mar 18 with 2838 viewsDamo1962

I agree with you. Worst team I've witnessed in 48 years.

Birmingham Match Thread on 18:12 - Mar 18 with 2801 viewsdistortR

not one to defend pp, but he's not talking conspiracy, he's talking awful recruitment. Injury prone or not the 'right sorts', who is in charge of recruitment stratagy?

Birmingham Match Thread on 18:21 - Mar 18 with 2676 viewsBklynRanger

I was thinking this week that 'right sort' thing was talked up so much, but its really come back to bite us in the balls.

It always seemed a bit vague at the time anyway, but Jesus H Christ - which fcuking algorithm did we use for that?? Next time maybe we should purposely go for 'not the right sort'?

Birmingham Match Thread on 18:23 - Mar 18 with 2653 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I actually think at the moment we are worse than when we went down 20 years ago.

The team are better and today put some effort in but some of those passes was like when I played outfield, though at least I knew how to score.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 18:24]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Birmingham Match Thread on 18:24 - Mar 18 with 2636 viewsjoe90

As I’ve said, when summer comes that’s when the clear out begins and people can take ‘responsibility’.

The answer to the question about recruitment is that in practice there isn’t one person in charge of recruitment as evidenced by the fact Warburton and Beale both brought in their own players.

This has all been discussed before. We know about all the many problems the club have.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 21:47]

Birmingham Match Thread on 19:17 - Mar 18 with 2323 viewskropotkin41

This has probably been discussed elsewhere, but is it possible to let most of this group of free loaders go in the summer, contract-wise?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Birmingham Match Thread on 19:23 - Mar 18 with 2282 viewsBushRanger82

I really can't see where the next win will come from.
I can see us blagging the odd point here and there. But win? Nope, can't see where.

Birmingham Match Thread on 19:39 - Mar 18 with 2156 viewsNorthantsHoop

As predicted go one nil down and very early as well was going to be a struggle, you just feel the life sucked out of the team. Two poor teams but one found the net the other could not find a shot, says it all.

Birmingham Match Thread on 20:26 - Mar 18 with 2002 viewsSuperhoops2808

Yes, but as you know, some on here will just not stop banging on about it at any available opportunity

It cant be anyone else's fault other than Big bad Les. And in fact, many are only happy if we are losing so it fits in with their agenda

You are right, its been done to death

We are on our 4th manager in 12 months and all have had their say on recruitment. It is just not feasible for it to be totally one persons fault but there we go.

Whatever happens the summer needs to be a reset but only then - And if we go after the board as a whole like many seem to want we will be in a bigger mess than we are now and I fear for the clubs future

Birmingham Match Thread on 20:39 - Mar 18 with 1930 viewsJuzzie

We went today with one of my sons team mates and his dad (who’s done coaching at youth and ladies levels) and he could see straight away what the problems were so whatever waffle we see on official media channels, the coaching team surely must too.

We had more possession, more shots, more corners yet had zero ability to land any one of them at our own player. That’s not good defending on Brum’s part, it’s poor ability on ours.
Birmingham didn’t win it, we lost it.

Dieng kept us in it the first half and so did Tim with a last gasp intervention.
Second half only improved once we had Johanson, Dixon-Bonner and Armstrong on but it was too late really.
We had a succession of chances in the last 10 mins but our own inability let us down.

The ref wasn’t at fault for our defeat but my God he was woeful.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 20:42]

Birmingham Match Thread on 21:35 - Mar 18 with 1769 viewsHayesender

I ended up in the Tabard in Turnham Green, where it cost me just shy of £18 for two drinks.

It was a damn sight more enjoyable than what I can only describe as the worst, yes the worst style of football I've seen from my team in over 40 years.

It was agricultural guff that I've not seen since watching/playing over Gunnersbury Park for Goldsmiths back in the 80's.

Sorry Gareth, but that was â‚©ank

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Birmingham Match Thread on 21:55 - Mar 18 with 1707 viewsdavman

....or he is just plain shite and won't be better than Dickie. May as well get someone from the Dog and Duck...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Birmingham Match Thread on 21:58 - Mar 18 with 1695 viewsjoe90

I don’t know what each players situation is contract wise, but I’d imagine that all the loan players will depart.

There should be a few whose contracts we can terminate and others we won’t extend. Judging by the way we’re playing I don’t imagine many want to stay with us!

I doubt we’d sack off the entire squad, but it definitely needs some surgery.

You’d have to consider the cost of terminating a contract and what we might make in player sales - which at the moment doesn’t look like much. I’d say Dieng, Chair and Field are our biggest assets. Sadly Willock might be a right off?

Is it worth keeping one or two? I really don’t known at the moment. I really don’t know what the answer is to QPR.

Birmingham Match Thread on 22:04 - Mar 18 with 1672 viewsdavman

Les's right sort are the nice Academy Boys with the right "nice" attitude - Amos and Field - two completely nice boys any of you who have daughter's would be delighted if she bought them home to meet the parents.

The right sorts in life, but f-me, football is a dark, dark place and whilst you can have a few of them, you need some nastiness. Particularly in your Centre Backs. Dickie is another "nice lad", but he falls over regularly (Cardiff (h) last season, Rotherham (a) this season) when challenged in any way. Fine, leave him with no pressure and he'll have a little run every now and then, but stick him "under pressure" by standing next to him and you watch him fall apart.

Gotta walk away from this tonight - so, so angry right now - three games this week - one, effort was there and was it a turning point? Was if f**k. Two, travelling to Blackpool probably picking up three points on the M6 (saw the Flash and it was neither Clive or Kyle Walker) to see that collapse and three, today - no ideas at all on how to score apart from lump it up to two players, who today, mostly lost their duels.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, if we get nothing from Wigan, I think we're gone.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024