Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheffield United problems 09:24 - Mar 18 with 3783 viewsterryb

Another club facing a possible takeover & administration according to local papers.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/football/news/sheffield-united-administrati

Are Millwall & Rotherham (possibly include Luton), the best run clubs in the country?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 9:27]

Sheffield United problems on 09:31 - Mar 18 with 3736 viewsdistortR

it appears that if we can avoid a points deduction, we may get in the play offs by default.

Sheffield United problems on 09:44 - Mar 18 with 3652 viewsdmm

As we know only too well, if you break the rules you suffer the consequences. However, it seems an increasing number of clubs, for better or worse, are falling foul of the EFL's profit and sustainability rules. So how long does this continue until the EFL recognises that they will have to change the rules?

Sheffield United problems on 09:51 - Mar 18 with 3624 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Football eh.

At Motherwell v Rangers today.

Both sets of fans hate each other and their own boards, and the fans have split on the future of each club.

Protests planned all round.

It’s going to be like the Keystone cops.

Sheffield United problems on 09:58 - Mar 18 with 3599 viewsMedwayR

FFP isn't working. It doesn't stop clubs getting into trouble, there are silly loopholes like clubs selling their stadiums which is counter-productive to the clubs, or clubs giving out long contracts to spread amortisation, and new owners putting clubs into administration to clear debts seems to be the latest trick.

Long term, it could kill a few clubs. If you were our owners for example, how long would you be willing to put in £2m a month for a team plateauing in mid-table in the championship each year until you got bored and folded the club to cut your losses.

There needs to be a better way, if the owners want to spend their money let them, just make sure they don't put that debt onto the club.

Also, just out of curiosity, did Billy Sharp get away with punching that player last week, I've not heard anything about it since???

Poll: Who’s better?

Sheffield United problems on 10:01 - Mar 18 with 3589 viewsDannyPaddox

I hope you’re joining in with your own ‘Down With This Sort Of Thing & Ban Mick Beale!’ protest

Sheffield United problems on 10:07 - Mar 18 with 3565 viewsdavman

Nothing will happen either on "punishing" these teams or changing the rules because of the amateurs running our game at every level.

Sheff U will go up and this will all get forgotten - a valid and fair "gamble" in the eyes of the rules. WBA who are also in the brown stuff will sneak up through the playoffs and will be OK and there will be a loophole to get Forest off their hook if they do come down. And Toney STILL plays despite accepting that he has broken the rules and gets rewarded with an England call up.

Reading, Brum and Wigan will have points deductions next season, by which time we might be down and looking in to suing those cheats that have gotten away with their crimes.

And yes, I believe Sharp got away with it. Seems as though it is not just the "officials" on the pitch are utter shite, all of them are. If Dykes does that today, expect a ten week ban.

The clown show we have in charge of our lot are well at home in this football world. Amateurs everywhere.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Sheffield United problems on 10:08 - Mar 18 with 3563 viewsDWQPR

The one thing that struck me about Amit and Reuben’s interview the other week is the emotional investment that not so much they have although I feel it is genuine and certainly so with Amit having met him on a few occasions and seen him in the away ends, but their respective kids. £2million a month for the likes of Reuben isn’t too taxing and he can offset it against tax costs and I suspect that if the FFP rules were scrapped we would see a huge shift in the running of the club. Shame about SheffU though. Hopefully Blackburn will be next and then Swansea.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Sheffield United problems on 11:30 - Mar 18 with 3320 viewsbosh67

All three...

Millwall, Rotherham and Luton all amazingly well run and business managed. Luton are particularly remarkable. Incredible scouting of players that many others haven't thought to pick up or ignored. Players that want to play well and prove a point. A really good managerial appointment. A system of play that is really difficult to break down once they get in front. Considering they have a tiny ground that is falling apart, more so than ours, training facilities that are almost non-league and very little revenue in comparison to others including us, it's a real testament to how well they are run from top to bottom. The legacy I guess of being almost sent to the wall and torn apart and having to then start from scratch and do it all again within a tiny budget with players that actually want to play for their wages.

I know most fans can't stand Luton but look what they have done with not a lot and look at where they have been now for the last 2 seasons. We're nowhere near as well run and certainly not as good a team. Not right now anyway.
[Post edited 18 Mar 2023 11:35]

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Sheffield United problems on 11:56 - Mar 18 with 3209 viewsDavieQPR

If Sheff Utd can get into a financial mess with a £12m parachute payment and an average gate of 28,733 it doesn't look good for the rest.

Sheffield United problems on 12:07 - Mar 18 with 3192 viewsquickpassrotter

The deadline of this coming Thursday 23rd for the EFL to sanction certain clubs with appropriate points deduction - and to put that into immediate effect, meaning right now - not for next season - will be interesting. Will the EFL have the balls to see it through and dictate those points deductions, or turn a blind-eye to situations involving certain clubs.
Administration (sometimes voluntary) comes with automatic 12 points deduction - and Huddersfield look like swaying to wards that now.
I'm not sure if the EFL will see it through - maybe they will install the points deduction but suspended (even for repeaters) - or coming into force from beginning of next season which gives clubs some breathing room (if only an inevitable delay). I just don't trust the EFL, as they have constantly demonstrated inconsistency in dealing with their own FFP rulings.

Sheffield United problems on 13:00 - Mar 18 with 3061 viewsactonman

Remember people saying exactly what you are saying regarding Brentford , years ago !
Look at them now , imagine in a couple of years luton giving bloody noses to the likes of manu and spurs while we head of to Accrington Stanley

What a time to be alive

Sheffield United problems on 13:08 - Mar 18 with 3042 viewsMatch82

"So how long does this continue until the EFL recognises that they will have to change the rules?"

You and I both know the answer to this is "after we've punished QPR for doing it"

Sheffield United problems on 14:19 - Mar 18 with 2906 viewsDamo1962

Can't stand Luton or their fans, but they were shafted like no other club I can recall. The turn around is exceptional, and I admire them for doing it. It is nice to see a football success story, that isn't being bank- rolled by people with too much money. Almost like the good old days 🙂

Sheffield United problems on 18:03 - Mar 18 with 2715 viewsManinBlack

I am surprised any Motherwell fans turn up against Rangers. I think in the last 20 odd years they have played 55 league games and Motherwell have zero wins. All money there is seems to be with the old firm with the rest unable to compete. I don't know how Motherwell followers motivate themselves to face Rangers knowing the outcome in advance.

Sheffield United problems on 18:05 - Mar 18 with 2696 viewsSaint_Christopher

And refund our fine while they're at it.

Sheffield United problems on 19:51 - Mar 18 with 2573 viewsQPR_John

They’ll continue to collect from us whenever they change the rules. Remember they changed the rules soon after FFP was introduced. and still came after us under the old rules.

Sheffield United problems on 21:50 - Mar 18 with 2418 viewsdavman

"Will the EFL have the balls..."

No, inaction is their raison d'etre.

Utter amateurs just like every part of the FA, EPL and EFL. And UEFA and FIFA for that matter...
Its the big clubs that run the game, dontcha know...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024