Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
There’s a reason why we play to the Loft in the second half… 20:45 - May 9 with 6399 viewssevenhoop

It’s because, back in the day, home fans, right ‘on top of the pitch’, almost sucked the ball in. Until recent years, we had a formidable home record.

I sit low down towards the middle of the pitch in the Stan Bowles stand (btw, he was never, ever, known as ‘Stanley’, always just Stan, it was Rodney Marsh who we used to sing ‘Rodneeee’ for). So it maybe that I don’t hear what the other three sides of the ground hear. You boys at both ends of Ellerslie do a great job of trying to stoke up atmosphere (the atmosphere that everyone speaks of at the Bush), but all I can hear at virtually every game is a racaus away crowd, even if they’ve half-filled the School End. As I say, apologies if our fans are heard loud and clear elsewhere, but every bloody home game seems to turn into an away game. There is no other team in the football pyramid that gives a whole end to the away team (accepted that it’s down to access issues that we have to do that) and not have our own ‘end’.

I’ve got loads of time for Lee Hoos but his decision to give up that for a ‘family’ area is completely reckless. Giving young fans nice seats does not, in the longer term, make them paying fans. Giving them a winning team to watch (from whatever part of the stadium) is far more likely to do that.

And look at the teams joining the Championship from both ends next season, all 6, however made up, will fill up the School End. And those 3k fans will again make a frightening noise.

Sorry to raise an old subject, but it’s bleeding obvious to me. Move our noisy fans to the Loft and say ‘sorry but you’ve got to move’ to the family people. I realise that will make some displaced people unhappy, but they’ll be even unhappier if, as seems likely, we lose so many home games next season. At least that will give us a chance of competing on a level playing field.

There’s a reason why we play to the Loft in the second half… on 08:02 - Oct 1 with 901 viewsHastings_Hoops

Give the away fans a couple of blocks in the stan Bowles stand instead accessed from ellerslie road.

Home fans can still access R,S & T blocks from Loftus Road via the linked concourse.

There’s a reason why we play to the Loft in the second half… on 08:25 - Oct 1 with 847 viewsstevec

With our strikers I doubt if even Dyson could build a powerful enough vacuum across the lower loft to suck the ball into the net.

There’s a reason why we play to the Loft in the second half… on 08:26 - Oct 1 with 845 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I suspect the problems with that are: moving existing ST holders in the SBS will create a bit of a snafu; policing fans and preventing them from accessing the pitch as easily as they could from the SBS might lead to objections from the police.

If it were me, I'd add cladding to absorb noise or ventilate it in such a way, that sound drifts up and out of the top the stand. Equally, when it rains the vents could be opened to dampen away fans enthusiasm.

Alternatively, build a new stadium and use modern acoustics to boost the noise from the Rfosi while damperniing the din of the away fans. Can't understand why no one has mentioned this before; must I think of everything?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

There’s a reason why we play to the Loft in the second half… on 08:30 - Oct 1 with 840 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

I sit in the Upper Loft NU. Very noisy as we have the R Block to our left and safe standing directly below.

If we want it to be louder perhaps winning a game might help.

There’s a reason why we play to the Loft in the second half… on 08:40 - Oct 1 with 835 viewsHastings_Hoops

Absolutely - take the roof off the school end.

There’s a reason why we play to the Loft in the second half… on 18:27 - Oct 1 with 702 viewssevenhoop

I’m not saying don’t give them the end. Security means we have to as can’t get them anywhere else. But why split or dining fans in the corners of a side stand ffs?!!!

There’s a reason why we play to the Loft in the second half… on 18:52 - Oct 1 with 687 viewsBushRanger82

Loftus Rd will be noisy when we have a good team, winning most of it's games at home, scoring goals, shutting up the away fans wherever we put them.

The absolute rubbish we have to endure at the moment, humiliation on our own patch every home game, is not, and never has been, conducive for a good atmosphere.
And that just about goes for every club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024