Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JoJo Gone 16:59 - Jun 19 with 21412 viewsDubaiR

Left the club.

JoJo Gone on 19:13 - Jun 19 with 2676 viewsRangersw12

If Richard Dobson is all that why has he been at Wycombe for the last 10 years ?

JoJo Gone on 19:20 - Jun 19 with 2621 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Yes i do honestly think we’ll see something different.

I also disagree with everything else you said, except the bit about giving two hoots if he played for us because neither do I, and just because I’m not willing to shit all over him when it’s not even July yet doesn’t make me a nostalgic old idiot whose only behind him because he played for us.

He is the lemon we must make lemonade out of, and judging him with that team is like judging a fish at archery.

It ain’t for me to tell you what to think or write, but please at the very least let’s have a well deserved break from the hyperbole until at a ball has been kicked in the new season. It’s neither rational or fair to do so IMO.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 19:41]

JoJo Gone on 19:30 - Jun 19 with 2548 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Well once Chair and Willock leave there is not a player left in that list who can pass a ball more than 10 yards with any accuracy. Pretty obvious how Ainsworth is going to get us playing next season. It's going to be God awful to watch.

When results go south just watch how quickly HQ turns toxic. He'll be gone by Xmas hopefully.

JoJo Gone on 19:36 - Jun 19 with 2518 viewsQPR_John

Surely playing “modern football” got us in the position we were in before Ainsworth.

JoJo Gone on 19:59 - Jun 19 with 2416 viewsNorthantsHoop

Liked Johansen but injuries caught up with him last 18 months. Really people are being a bit too pessimistic about Ainsworth and the football. Let's face it the team last season nearly took us down, so we need a right old shake up, more physicality and getting ball forward quicker the way to go. Ainsworth deserves a go at making changes.

JoJo Gone on 20:18 - Jun 19 with 2317 viewsSakura

Well looks like GA is going to have the chance to get his type of players in this window now.

Johansen didn't have the legs or personality to be an Ainsworth type player. Another year older I think he would have suited us even less

We conceded a ridiculously high amount of goals last season and Johansen for the rare occasions he was fit takes a portion of the blame as he couldn’t get about the pitch enough

Also seems an odd statement to say Chair was "stuck out of the way". He really contributed in key games like Burnley and WBA and was it the Blackburn game back in Feb he was playing brilliantly and then had to go off injured well before half time

If Beale or Warburton had arrived late in a season going as badly as last season and inherited Ainsworth type players. They might have struggled more than otherwise have expected as well

Let's say that's £10,000 a week minimum saved off the wage bill (probably much more but allowing conservatively for a pay off) that's another £500,000 saved.

Not much further to go to meet FFP this year and still have a nice budget for replacing those who have left this summer

JoJo Gone on 20:29 - Jun 19 with 2261 viewsjoe90

I seem to remember once he signed for us he started playing a lot deeper which coincided with his drop in form.

Given his form last season no great loss, but it’s bloody shame because he looked like a good signing.

JoJo Gone on 20:31 - Jun 19 with 2256 viewsAndybrat

I’d rather keep Illias, you never know but maybe today was a step in that direction. Ever the optimist I am sure we will play direct but not hoofball. First signing will tell us something

JoJo Gone on 20:36 - Jun 19 with 2236 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

There is no budget !
The Eze money will drop out of the 3 year cycle after the coming season, this is just prepping for the real sh!t storm in 9 months time.

We will not be signing anyone of any ability. Hoof it and hope.

JoJo Gone on 20:40 - Jun 19 with 2198 viewsE15Hoop

Nice to see a well-reasoned, balanced argument.
You've decided to ignore anything that Dobson in particular has said about what the aim was last season, and how they'd ideally like to move things on a notch this season, circumstances permitting.
Unlike you, and despite what the overiding interpretation of what I write seems to be by many people on this site, I'm attempting to balance what I see with what I hear.
Hope I never land in court with you on the jury, WR. You'd be shouting "guilty" before they even opened the case.

JoJo Gone on 20:46 - Jun 19 with 2165 viewspaulparker

Don’t worry Monkey I still remember your dazzling displays at left back for the school team

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

JoJo Gone on 20:59 - Jun 19 with 2087 viewsSakura

We've been through this

£10m of savings needed.

-£4m of Eze add ons more likely than not to have been triggered or will be during the season (some already has England cap known part)
- £500k World Cup money
-£700k Dickie money

That leaves £4.8m to save

- Balogun, Johansen, Dickie, Lowe, Bonne, Roberts, Laird, Masterson, Thomas, Shodipo, Amos, 80k weekly salary's off the wage bill at a low estimate. That's £4.2m off the wage bill

Leaves £600k to save

Likely departures to come: Dykes, Willock and Chair. All significant wages (combined £50k a week at v low estimate). Low ball guess £2.6m off the wage bill

That puts us £2m in the black without including their transfer fees. Dykes/Willock sale can expect £5m easily. Chair at a very low, daylight robbery estimate £8m

That gives us a budget of £15m to put together the replacements. With no transfer fees and going free transfer route only that's £288,000 a week of wages to put together our replacements

Any fees adjust accordingly

Then after this season the £25m loss of 21/22 drops off. The new tv deal kicks in and we have a load of head room to spend much more

Eze sale 20% a bonus wish then as well

The numbers don't support your pessimism.

I do get the psychological reflex you have though to assume we are doomed!!!

As they say “it’s the hope that kills you”. So your strategy is to have no hope so you can’t be ‘killed’. Maybe that’s wise but I think you’re over doing it

EDIT I forgot Dieng as well. Fee likely to come there as well and wages also factored in
[Post edited 19 Jun 2023 21:07]

JoJo Gone on 21:10 - Jun 19 with 2031 viewsQPR_John

No chance of playing modern football then with or without Ainsworth

JoJo Gone on 21:35 - Jun 19 with 1937 viewsMonkey_Roots

There’s never any balance, you’re relentless.

JoJo Gone on 21:43 - Jun 19 with 1868 viewsE15Hoop

I think you mean "consistent".
And I beg to difffer - I always back up everything I write with evidence, and am prepared to acknowledge when others come up with well-supported arguments that are opposed to my own.
If you wish to do the same, you will find me prepared to listen. Haven't seen it so far from you.

JoJo Gone on 21:43 - Jun 19 with 1865 viewsbaz_qpr

Sad to see Johansson go I enjoyed watching him play, I'm a sucker for a bit of guile and class in the middle of the park. Clearly has suffered with a combination of injuries, growing his hair long (always seems to have a negative impact) and another one with a baby for the period his form fell off a cliff (seriously guys all the money in the world and all the time to have kids and you do it slap bang in your career!!!).

Clearly far too expensive to sit on the bench or watch the ball ping over his head 100 times in a game. Always looked better to me further forward than in the ageing quarterback role

JoJo Gone on 21:46 - Jun 19 with 1856 viewsHAYESBOY

Would suspect we must have some signings lines up on July 1st when contracts run out.

Please.....

Smells like a trout farm in here

JoJo Gone on 21:54 - Jun 19 with 1820 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

JoJo Gone on 22:25 - Jun 19 with 1698 viewskensalriser

Imagine Johansen, Martin and Austin lining up for a 100m sprint. That really would be one to sit back and relax with a long drink.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

JoJo Gone on 22:26 - Jun 19 with 1693 viewsMonkey_Roots

No, I mean relentless.

JoJo Gone on 22:35 - Jun 19 with 1661 viewsYorkshirehoop

Like others have said was fantastic when on loan but his standards dropped massively after that.salary sport have him down as earning 11 grand a week where as other reports have said he was on over 20 grand a week.either way big money.
I would guess something has gone on there with him and Ainsworth.we obviously need bodies big time as our squad is getting worryingly small.what we don't want is to get into panic mode and just sign any Tom dick and Harry to have enough players to compete over 46 games.that looks a real possibility sadly.like back in the day signing players like marc nygaard.rob Steiner.tony Scully etc.maybe not the best examples but you get what I mean.we all have to stay positive and calm.we may be surprised next season.if we can get a good all round work our socks off mentality and get the players playing for one another we could be ok.look at huddersfield last season when Warnock took over.he got a very limited team playing well under the basic principle of fighting and grafting to the max.

JoJo Gone on 22:42 - Jun 19 with 1621 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Him and Austin did a decent job when they were on loan. However, we shouldn't have needed to get them in on loan in the first place and therein lies the problem.

Doubling down and signing two ageing players permanently rather than finding their younger equivalents (to develop and sell) shows the failure of our supposed 'development model'.

JoJo Gone on 23:00 - Jun 19 with 1544 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree, but to be fair Johansen was 30 at the time.
If that's ageing I'm ready for burial.
Some of our best signings have been players in their 30s - and that squad lacked that sort of drive and experience that Austin and Johansen brought with them - no coincidence that very soon after their arrival we saw Willock start to blossom.

Bare bones.

JoJo Gone on 23:20 - Jun 19 with 1489 viewslave16

Not being one to change the negative vibe of the thread but I am intrigued now - I for one would like to judge a fish at archery - however I would like to know would it be long bow or cross bow?

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

JoJo Gone on 23:23 - Jun 19 with 1487 viewsBurnleyhoop

You mean the crap that saved us from an otherwise nailed on relegation, or the utter crap we had been watching the preceding five months?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024