Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) 10:43 - Sep 29 with 28580 viewsAndybrat

This is my 1st thread so quite nervous i get this right. Coming to October and I still haven’t seen a home game yet and on Saturday I have to leave at half time to get to Heathrow to fly out for work. Don’t expect any sympathy, and tbh I think I am a bit of a Jonah as I haven’t seen them win at LR since Wigan, being away for both Reading and Watford. So my prediction is we lose the 1st half ( because of the above) and win the second half ( because of the above) and draw 1-1

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 17:34 - Sep 30 with 2631 viewsR_from_afar

You could beef up the midfield but the biggest issue in my opinion is our lack of goals. We are averaging fewer than one a game.

It's almost impossible to win games when you score at that rate, no matter how good your coaches are and how well set up you are, especially when, as we often see in the Championship, the standard of refereeing can often cost you a goal in the blink of an eye.

I'm not sure what the answer is, apart from trying to bring in a striker on loan, or one who's a free agent.

I freely acknowledge that it's very easy for me to sit on my sofa and just say do this, that and the other. Making it happen is another thing entirely and far from trivial.

Sigh...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 17:37 - Sep 30 with 2569 viewsloftus77

No. Not totally.

2022/23 Rangers 0 Sunderland 3, Rangers 0 Coventry 3.
2023/24 Rangers 1 Sunderland 3, Rangers 1 Coventry 3.

Steady, measurable progress....

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 17:45 - Sep 30 with 2419 viewsNed_Kennedys

He certainly tries but as you say Willock is a waste of a shirt and the days of the neat incisive passing links with him are long gone so Chair needs to adapt and be more direct. The lack of creativity today was appalling. Though Dozzell was the best midfielder today but it was a very low bar. The defence were a total clusterfck: it could’ve been 7 or 8 if Ellis wasn’t so poor.

Also very concerned that Ainsworth had nothing to change the course of the game, at the very least replace a few of the regulars with some fringe players to give them some game time.

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 17:46 - Sep 30 with 2413 viewsWatford_Ranger

We’re going to be weak somewhere whichever formation we play but I’d like to see Dykes and Armstrong given a run together in a 4-3-1-2. With Colback available and Cannon that’s more plausible. Smyth hasn’t done a lot wrong but offers an option as an impact sub and Cook might get exposed in a four but worth a shot I think as the goals won’t come as it is.

Cannon-Cook-One of the others-Paal

Dozzell-Field-Colback

Chair

Dykes-Armstrong

There is of course the option to drop Dozzell who now only has to not be anonymous to get praise such is the level of expectation.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:47]

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 17:54 - Sep 30 with 2331 viewsPlanetHonneywood

You're not wrong.

If you've got a poacher, such a player can really get you out of trouble and if nothing else, really gives defenders something to think about.

Having an Armstrong charging around is all well and good, but until his endeavours are converted to goals, then teams will cope. Really need the experienced forwards to step up.

We've got no out-and-out goalscorer. Been crying out for one for years, and while our finances are perilous, it doesn't stop teams of comparable or lesser resources from unearthing gems.

Is this Alfie Lloyd anything to get excited about? Can't see Kelman, Dykes or Armstrong ever being prolific notchers.

Best get the passport out and return to sort this mess out. Again!
[Post edited 30 Sep 2023 17:57]

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 18:05 - Sep 30 with 2237 viewsMatch82

Are you actually Reggie Cannon?

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 18:10 - Sep 30 with 2171 viewsManinBlack

Looking at the way the bottom three are playing and their results to date, it would not surprise me if they are the three to drop at the end of the season. Even at this early stage, Wednesday and Rotherham have been worse than us and our home form will relegate us even if we win eight away games as we don't normally win more than that in a campaignon the road. We simply are not getting enough home points to survive.

I have moaned for years about the standards of this club and the new unwanted records we seem to pick up each season. Our latest attempt now seems to be to score the least amount of home goals and home wins ever in a season and a half in our history. The home form is a disgrace but just seems to be accepted as an inevitable outcome from being skint. I feel really sorry for those season ticket holders paying to watch us not win, barely score and lose. One lousy home point so far when we probably need 30 points at home to have a chance of staying up.

Coventry have been out of form drawing too many games as a result of losing their best players but today we boosted their morale with another abject second half showing. Once again we concede three at home and it all looked too easy. Coventry and Sunderland have has a real laugh at our expense this year on their visits we are that bad. Sad to say it but I see no hope for us with Gareth in situ.

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 18:36 - Sep 30 with 1969 viewsBoston

As an aside...effing numbers of West Ham passing through Paddington on their way to destinations west!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 18:38 - Sep 30 with 1953 viewsBushRanger82

We're so spoiled, aren't we?

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 18:57 - Sep 30 with 1850 viewsqpr_1968

spot on....

i'm usually out on the lash after a home game, whether celebrating a win, or drowning me sorrows after a defeat....

today i could'nt be bothered to celebrate drowning me sorrows....

what has it come to.

roll on leeds, god help us.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 19:43 - Sep 30 with 1661 viewsJAY

If anyone things that Lyndon dykes is worth giving a contract in this league then you need your head examining.

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 19:48 - Sep 30 with 1620 viewsbaz_qpr

A poacher has to has something to poach, our problem is not taking chances its creating them and its pretty hard to create them when you have 9 players behind the ball and only one in the box

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 22:35 - Sep 30 with 1348 views89_50

If we lose next weekend (likely) we set an unwanted record. I'm secretly hoping the Loft has a flag ready for the record-breakers to let them know that 1 win at home in 21 attempts isn't acceptable.

Nevertheless, today wasn't good. By any stretch of the imagination.

Cov were there for the taking, and poor defending, switching off, and not tracking runners gave away three simple goals.

At the other end, it was a similar case of not having any attacking prowess.

The lack of anticipation for what little we did create was frustrating, and the delivery from any set play (recurring theme, I know), is beyond a joke.

I'd be astounded if we scored above 40 goals this season.

The refereeing was barely Sunday League level, but we can't using poor officiating as a scapegoat. We should take it out of their incapable hands and be out of sight against some of these substandard teams.

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 22:37 - Sep 30 with 1338 viewslave16

Don't want to be negative but... was thinking about the different between last year and this year.

Positives
Everyone is trying - no one is giving up
We seem to be the fittest side at the end of the matches
We are scoring the late Goals
We are harder to beat - results not yet showing this
No loans
We have youth players in the squad

Negatives
We still give away easy/unfortunate or whatever you want to call it goals.
Our home form is still shocking
It doesn't look like there's 3 worse teams in the division

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 22:45 - Sep 30 with 1314 viewsMonkey_Roots

We’re so limited on the goal scoring front.

Dykes and Sinclair will be lucky to make double figures between them.

How can a player as technically good as Chair be so fūcking hopeless at shooting?

Shīt.

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 14:49 - Oct 1 with 978 viewsQPunkR

Because he has no end product in the slightest. I love his industry but beyond pace he offers nothing. I just think he can benefit from a rest (and lots and lots of practice)

QPR - "shit but local"

Being sent to Coventry ( match thread) on 15:00 - Oct 1 with 955 viewsandrew1302

The other problem with Smyth is his final delivery. he does all the hard work and then makes the most appalling cross often into Row z at the far end of the stand. I really cannot understand how he can get it so wrong time and time again.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024