Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amit’s put club up for sale! 00:46 - Oct 12 with 12926 viewsNov77

Just confirmed on sky sports news.

Last saturday Amit shanked a 7 iron into the woods on the fourteenth hole, said he’s had it with that club and put it on eBay.

[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 0:47]

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 01:03 - Oct 12 with 7708 viewsQPRConor2000

You got me haha.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 1:04]

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 01:09 - Oct 12 with 7702 viewsNov77

Sorry, got to the stage where you either laugh or cry, can’t believe with the state we’re in our chairman is playing golf instead of attending home games.

Beggars belief really.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 02:37 - Oct 12 with 7603 viewsrbee

I see your point I really do but on the other hand he knows that some of our fans will be hurling abuse at him. This is why he watches games from a box.

There was a time when Lakshmi Mittal was attending home games on a regular basis and enjoying himself but some of our 'fans' hurled abuse at him during one game and as far as I am aware he hasn't been seen since.

That worked out well then.

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 03:21 - Oct 12 with 7514 viewsHoopsie

Well, he could have scheduled the golf game months ago. I don't see that as an issue, for what it is worth, he might have accepted the tournament invite thinking we are in good hands?

Poll: 4-0 “Come on, own up. Who saw that coming?” Derbyhoop

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 06:02 - Oct 12 with 7365 viewsDaBurgh

Good Lord, if he can't attend the game for some reason he should, at least, have the decency to be be sat in the corner of a dark room clutching his knees and rocking back and forth for the duration. A video of this should immediately also be posted on all current 'hip' social media sites. The man has no class.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 6:08]

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 07:30 - Oct 12 with 7124 viewsGaryBannister86

I don't think he should be anywhere but Loftus Road at the moment, but to be fair to him this thread makes it sound like he popped down the road for a fourball with his mates. It was (I believe) a huge four-day annual pro-celebrity tournament.

Having said that, he should have cancelled it so he can observe for himself the shambles we are under GA, and posting a pic with that arse and Chelsea plastic Kevin Pietersen does not help matters.

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 08:09 - Oct 12 with 6986 viewsdaveB

I don't care if he goes to play golf on a matchday, I'm sure plenty of fans have plans they make and means they have to miss the odd game. Posting about the best weekend ever though was a bit daft given what happened at QPR

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 08:14 - Oct 12 with 6958 viewsstevec

Golf on a Saturday afternoon. Thinking about it, that’s not a bad idea.

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 08:18 - Oct 12 with 6943 viewsPadulas_Shampoo

Yes I agree. They definitely deserve to die.

Unbelievable. Form an orderly queue to pour your billions into this club. Why on earth wouldn't you?

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 08:25 - Oct 12 with 6904 viewsGaryBannister86

Exactly. Doesn't take a PR genius to write a sentence at the start of your caption like "Gutted about the Rangers result, sorry to have missed it. Lots to sort out. Weekend somewhat saved by playing golf with this Chelsea plastic c***"

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 08:48 - Oct 12 with 6783 viewshubble

There's a rumour from someone ITK on RFI that " (A)Mandate sent to an American bank for the sale of QPR. Potentially new owners by the end of the season."

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 09:44 - Oct 12 with 6521 viewswombat

ill take that with a huge pinch of salt to be honest, cant see anyone wanting a club when u hav to stick two million in each month just to keep the doors open

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 09:54 - Oct 12 with 6447 viewsJeff

The club has been up for sale for the best part of 5 years.

if there was someone who would come in, buy the club, and take on the responsibility of paying £2m a month to keep the 41st best club in the country from disappearing into L1 and even more financial obscurity, there would be a cartoon hole in the wall in the shape of Ruben, Amit and probably Reilly. You wouldn't see them for dust.

Can we not knock it?

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 10:08 - Oct 12 with 6359 viewsNov77

wow, -9 down votes, it was only a joke!

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 10:12 - Oct 12 with 6321 viewsHAYESBOY

Well this is just pure Nonsense.......................

I was there, it was a 6 iron.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 10:24 - Oct 12 with 6241 viewsknocker

If there's any truth in this, what does it actually mean?

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 12:17 - Oct 12 with 5921 viewshubble

You'd have to ask the guy who posted it.

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 13:03 - Oct 12 with 5749 viewsQPRConor2000

Where did you see that, do you have a source for this?

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 13:09 - Oct 12 with 5718 viewshubble

As I said, posted on RFI: https://rfantasyisland.boards.net/thread/3254/big-news

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 13:24 - Oct 12 with 5669 viewsQPRConor2000

Thanks for that.

very interesting if true.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2023 14:25]

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 13:31 - Oct 12 with 5641 viewsNov77

Blimus! Didn’t realise fantasy island was still going.

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 13:56 - Oct 12 with 5497 viewsNorthernr

Let's have a look at that attractive proposition, shall we?

The club, at the last set of accounts, loses £2m a month in its current state. You'd be on the hook for that as soon as you buy it. It's likely much less this season (well, we wanna hope it's much less this season or we're in breach of FFP), but still that's £24m a year as at the last set of accounts.

The training ground development is said to be £20m+ of which £7m+ was raised through the bond. So there's another £14m there which was more than likely not paid up front, will be done on finance and over time. You'd be picking up whatever is left there.

There is a historic FFP fine (£17m fine and £3m of EFL legal costs). They were paying that off in instalments over a ten year period, and the settlement was in 2018 so five years of that left = at the last set of accounts £10.2m.

We owe the EFL £6m for loans taken during the Covid lockdown.

At the last set of accounts we owed £2.1m in outstanding player transfer fees.

Our owners effectively write the debt off. They put money in to fund all of that, and then periodically they just convert the debt to equity. We're very fortunate they do, we'd be dead immediately without it. But as at the last set of accounts we owed £52m in shareholder loans. Like I say, they'll likely just convert that to equity in time (it's how Ruben has become the majority shareholder ahead of Fernandes, because he's picking up the cheque) but were they to sell the club at that point would they be expecting some/all of that back from whoever is buying it?

Anyway, conservative estimate, as at the last set of accounts, just to get the keys to the door would cost you £69.5m

That's before you even start with what you're buying.

The reason the club is so screwed FFP wise is because it has an antiquated, small stadium which generates no income, and apparently is very difficult to improve. Even if you could improve it with a new stand, hospitality, "digging down", revolving restaurant, how much does that all cost?

You're also inheriting a squad that needs significant improvement in every area, but to do so breaches the rules of the league because of the FFP situation. Your options would just be to completely ignore FFP, build the team you wanted, and get it promoted within 12 months (Wolves), but if you miss then you become Sheff Wed or Derby because that's what they did. Or you settle in for a seriously long rebuild under the rules, which given the state of the team now would almost certainly include a drop into League One (inconveniently just as the Championship gets a nice new double your money TV deal).

So £69m to get the keys to a millstone stadium you can't improve with the division's worst team you can't do anything with. But, yeh, you're right, we are in London.

It's what Jeff said above. If they could find anybody stupid enough to do it they'd have been off like a shot years ago. It's a money pit.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 13:56 - Oct 12 with 5497 viewsSimonJames

100% of people who drink water will die.

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 14:05 - Oct 12 with 5424 viewsstainrods_elbow

O God, they do it because, like Leicester and a number of other upwardly mobile clubs, if/when they hit the promised land, the rewards are astronomical. At the same time, they're custodians, not owners, and I and we will be there long after they've gone. If they're not fit, and they're not, they should get the f*ck out and pass the baton to men who both care and can.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Amit’s put club up for sale! on 14:12 - Oct 12 with 5388 viewsNorthernr

... and want to spend £68m to inherit a stadium and a team you can't do anything with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024