Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Panthers 06:48 - Oct 29 with 6377 viewsGloucs_R

Not sure how many of your are also into ice hockey? I go down a see Swindon Wildcats quite a bit.

Anyhow, sounds like a horrific injury to Johnson at the Nottingham Panthers last night. A freak accident with the skate going through his neck and CPR being performed on the ice. Rumours going round that he's passed away, hopefully not.

Truly shocking ☹️

Poll: Are we staying up?

Nottingham Panthers on 10:54 - Oct 29 with 5380 viewsNorthernr

Christ I hope not. Used to go watch the Steelers all the time when I was in Sheff.

Nottingham Panthers on 10:55 - Oct 29 with 5376 viewsslmrstid

Just seen on BBC the guy has died, jeez horrific. Must have been horrible to witness. RIP to the poor guy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/ice-hockey/67253892

Nottingham Panthers on 11:10 - Oct 29 with 5328 viewsderbyhoop

Sad to say, the guy didnt make it.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Nottingham Panthers on 11:37 - Oct 29 with 5270 viewskernowhoop

A truly horrific thing to happen to a player in what is a great sport.

Nottingham Panthers on 11:55 - Oct 29 with 5217 viewsBoston

Nightmare.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Nottingham Panthers on 12:10 - Oct 29 with 5168 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Horrific news condolonces to his family and everyone close to him as well as anybody in the building that must have been sickening .
It puts our problems at QPR way down the list

Nottingham Panthers on 12:33 - Oct 29 with 5135 viewsWirralHoop

Horrific story, we go to football, lose, moan complain about travel (well I do).

Then you here about this and get some serious perspective.

RIP

Nottingham Panthers on 16:59 - Oct 30 with 4834 viewsHayesender

Just scrolling through twitter to see who's being linked to the job, and I've unintentionally come across the video of this. I feel sick to my stomach

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Nottingham Panthers on 19:25 - Oct 30 with 4663 viewsGloucs_R

I saw the video too. I'm torn as to whether it was a complete accident. Not suggesting he meant for that to happen but it did look an unnatural angle.

Regardless, horrific and has a huge impact on so many.... Family, players and the fans watching. Tragic.

Nottingham Panthers on 23:58 - Oct 30 with 4463 viewsCLAREMAN1995

It happened in the NHL once when the keeper was down and the forward tried to hurdle him to avoid a massive collision The blade hit his exposed neck and severed it badly but luckily he survived unlike this poor guy
RIP

Nottingham Panthers on 00:01 - Oct 31 with 4462 viewsstowmarketrange

It’s one of those things that you can’t unsee.There are so many horrific videos doing the rounds that I’m not sure I ever want to see.
Condolences to his family and friends.

Nottingham Panthers on 16:35 - Nov 14 with 4036 viewsHayesender

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-67419951

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Nottingham Panthers on 16:40 - Nov 14 with 4016 viewsNorthernr

Really?!

I can't bring myself to watch the video but, really?!

Nottingham Panthers on 16:41 - Nov 14 with 3997 viewsJuzzie

I'm just hoping it's a procedural formality.

Nottingham Panthers on 17:24 - Nov 14 with 3882 viewsJeff

hopefully RBlock will be along shortly to clear up the nuances of manslaughter, accidental or otherwise, but it's an arrest that had to happen, even if nothing comes of it.

Ice Hockey is an inherently dangerous sport, the incident happened as a result of a body check so there is at least intent to cause harm (even within the acceptable parameters of ice hockey) and the guy's skates were at an unusual / unnatural position, so there are enquiries and conversations to at least be had.

i'm sure this is a tragic and freak accident, but an investigation needs to happen and the arrest is the first part of it...

Can we not knock it?

Nottingham Panthers on 19:45 - Nov 14 with 3616 viewsLimehouseR

To be honest I am surprised they weren't arrested after the incident. Something new must have come to light for an arrest to come weeks later. Maybe a witness statement that implied fault, maybe something was found on a mobile phone etc.

Obviously not for us to speculate I guess until it is concluded but to happen later down the line opens up the police to criticism if it does develop. Because now they have potentially lost crucial evidence. A tragic incident either way.

Nottingham Panthers on 09:49 - Nov 15 with 3207 viewsWatford_Ranger

Having seen the clip and having no other knowledge whatsoever of any other evidence I’d say there’s at least a case to answer.

Nottingham Panthers on 10:48 - Nov 15 with 3118 viewsJuzzie

Just watched the video myself and the only thing I can say is that is it normal for an ice hockey players leg to be that high? Looked like he was going to kick his chest?
I don't watch the sport but would imagine that kind of action is not part of the game. Rollerball maybe, but not this.

Nottingham Panthers on 10:53 - Nov 15 with 3092 viewsNorthernr

Yeh stole myself to watch it yesterday and agree.

Nottingham Panthers on 10:54 - Nov 15 with 3087 viewsLanhoop

The video seems to indicate a very unnatural movement which is a deliberate intent to badly hurt Johnson. I don't for a minute believe taking his life was intended but it doesn't look like a freak accident to me. Awful for everyone there.

Nottingham Panthers on 12:06 - Nov 15 with 2938 viewskingsburyR

I agree.

I've seen the footage a few times and with my limited knowledge of the sport I cannot understand why his foot was so high unless he intended to do some damage.

I did think at some stage the police would come calling for him.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Nottingham Panthers on 12:19 - Nov 15 with 2919 viewsGloucs_R

I watch quite a bit of ice hockey and I can't recall ever seeing someone's leg go up that high.

Nottingham Panthers on 12:55 - Nov 15 with 2802 viewsNorthernr

Same and same.

Nottingham Panthers on 14:24 - Nov 15 with 2660 viewsWatford_Ranger

Not really relevant but you rarely if ever see criminal charges against footballers for stuff on the pitch. Didn’t Duncan Ferguson get done once (before my time)? But then you have a Ben Thatcher on Pedro Mendes and I don’t, with my zero legal knowledge, get what stops that being a criminal offence.

Nottingham Panthers on 16:48 - Nov 15 with 2512 viewslassel

The Swedes are crazy for ice hockey and the guys at work thought he was clearly trying to ‘hit’ him to loose possession of the puck, standard 2 minute penalty, maybe meaning even to hurt the guy but obviously not to kill him.

Reddit hockey forum thinks the same pretty much, the question then becomes if you can make a negligent manslaughter stick.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024