Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea mascot 10:55 - Feb 2 with 5059 viewssdm19994

However bad these players have been the past couple of years, least they’re not like this lot.

They wonder why everyone hates them.

Chelsea mascot on 22:05 - Feb 2 with 1031 viewsHoopsie

The photographer asked the kid get out of the way of the photo shoots? Don’t know, he certainly did not point to the exit

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Chelsea mascot on 22:09 - Feb 2 with 1009 viewsNorthernr

Well being in the zone and humiliating a nervous 10 year old in front of 60,000 people certainly did Chelsea a lot of good the other night.

Asking a kid his name and who his favourite player is is not going to knock you off whatever “game” you think you’re bringing for your 150k a week.

I’m sorry, it stinks. Some of these Prem match mascot packages are upwards of a grand now as well.

If I was dad in this situation I’d be playing holy hell.

Chelsea mascot on 22:17 - Feb 2 with 981 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The days of everypone being manically hyped up before matches are long gone. That approach has long been considered to be unhelpful.

Players are now used to synchronised exits, cameras, dealing with parades, photos, anthems, hand-shakes etc and they can't be in the red for all of that or they'd be burned out from nervous exhaustion by kick-off. They should be calm, and just thinking through a few key points for all of that period.

They should be able to be civil to a young kid before they then finally focus for the huddle, the switch-on and then the whistle.

Simply put, there's no excuse for this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chelsea mascot on 23:02 - Feb 2 with 908 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Absolutely agree.....its called professionalism....this kind of thing really should not happen, its got nothing to do with the times but the person...its horrible
[Post edited 2 Feb 23:03]

Chelsea mascot (n/t) on 23:31 - Feb 2 with 865 viewsQPunkR

[Post edited 2 Feb 23:32]

QPR - "shit but local"

Chelsea mascot (n/t) on 23:32 - Feb 2 with 854 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Every last one of em

Chelsea mascot (n/t) on 23:33 - Feb 2 with 851 viewsQPunkR

Sorry, deleted cos it was meant to be chiming in with Bluce but I didn't manage to hit reply so it looked weird!

QPR - "shit but local"

Chelsea mascot (n/t) on 23:36 - Feb 2 with 836 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Even weirder now

Chelsea mascot (n/t) on 23:49 - Feb 2 with 801 viewsQPunkR

I know man. Absolutely no saving the situation at this point :'(

QPR - "shit but local"

Chelsea mascot (n/t) on 23:53 - Feb 2 with 781 viewsMidlands_Ranger

Not at all....doesn't help I keep replying....

Chelsea mascot on 02:08 - Feb 3 with 715 viewsKonk

My nephew was a mascot at Tottenham a few years ago, and after being ignored by his designated player who zoned-out with headphones on, was adopted by Fulham great, Moussa Dembele, who asked him lots of questions, chatted to him, and made him feel absolutely amazing. Completely rescued the day.

My son was a mascot at Bristol City earlier this year, and it was an amazing experience for him, which he will never forget. His allocated player was a young lad who probably finds these things a bit awkward but he really engaged with my son and he couldn't have loved it more. My Mum died last year and being a mascot at City was her last birthday present to her youngest grandkid. So chuffed we did it.

In terms of this poor kid at Anfield - unreal that no adult just went and either involved the kid or took him back to his family.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Chelsea mascot on 07:32 - Feb 3 with 630 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Sorry to hear about your Mom, Konk.

Ar dheis Dé,

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chelsea mascot on 08:44 - Feb 3 with 538 viewsLimehouseR

While we are at it regarding the players. I can't stand it when you see EVERY SINGLE PLAYER getting off the team coach with noise cancelling headphones or earbuds. Like, 'Don't talk to me, I'm too important'. I wonder if they all sit there on the coach for the entire journey like that. Yeah you have to be mentally 'in the zone' or whatever but would it kill you to say hello to some of the supporters who've come to have even a glimpse of you, or the stadium staff who are welcoming you when you arrive. You get some who say hello etc but it's very seldom.

I did however see Eze give a hug to a female steward by the tunnel the other day as Palace walked off at half time, have a quick chat and smile. That's incredibly rare these days. Apparently he is an extremely polite and friendly young man who gives a large amount of his time to charity and to his fans.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024