Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your top ten QPR Games of all time! 21:05 - Mar 25 with 1676 viewsSW17_RRR

On a lighter note, remembering the good old days mine are in no particular order:

1) 82 semi final wba
2) 82 final
3) 82 reply
4) 84 5-5 Newcastle
5) 2012 Liverpool 3-2
6) 2012 Chelsea 1-0
7) Qpr vs. Oldham play off semi final
8) Qpr vs cardiff play off final
9) Qpr vs cologne away didn't go but listened to it on the radio
10) Qpr vs Leeds 1976 - hanging out at the top of the table only to have our hopes dashed............

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 21:11 - Mar 25 with 1669 viewsJuzzie

I think #8 would be in my top 10 worst games. Not a day to remember in a good way.

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 21:24 - Mar 25 with 1648 viewsactonman

Seem to remember a good day out in Sheffield a few years back

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 21:30 - Mar 25 with 1638 viewsrichranger

Although I hated him as a manager - 3 of mine are when Mullery was in charge:

3-0 against Forest - the best passing game we've ever played - beating a VERY good Forest side.

5-5 against Newcastle (of course)

6-2 against Partizan Belgrade - played at Highbury because EUFA didn't like our plastic pitch. Standing on the North bank (like the Semi against West Brom) and seeing us tear apart a good European team. Typically, though, we lost the second leg 4-0 and went out on away goals.

More recently - 1-0 against Preston when Gregory was in charge. Wonder goal from Blackstock from an incredible pass from Nygaard - and then backs to the wall defending against a Preston team who had 6 strikers on the pitch by the end of the game.

Otherwise, certainly the West Brom semi and final against the Spuds, 6-0 against the Scum, 4-2 against Middlesbro 1976, 4-2 against the Scum when Sir Les scored his first 2 goals for us, plus wonder volley from Falco.

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 09:30 - Mar 26 with 1568 viewsBluce_Ree

I've probably got an odd list compared to some.

1. Tranmere away. This was in League One. It was 0-0 for most of the game despite the fact that Tranmere were absolutely battering us. I think they missed at least five absolute sitters. They had this powerful Tesco Value Didier Drogba up front. He was strong and pacey and was tearing us apart.

Eventually they got a penalty and scored it but it had to be retaken because someone encroached I think. Wasn't sure but Drogba Lite missed the retake and we escaped with a hilarious point.

2. Barnsley home. The FA Cup game which was notable for Trev's spectacular overhead kick. What people forget is the fact that the game was amazing. It had everything. A great goal from Gavin Peacock, a massive error from Tony Roberts and Impey getting sent off for punching someone. Crazy game.

3. Reading away. Losing 1-0 at half time after the ballache of driving there in my awful first car (a Talbot Samba), we went on to win 2-1 with Sheron even managing a goal I think. I can't remember, I was too busy going nuts and climbing up a fence or something.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 12:30 - Mar 26 with 1519 viewsKevinPR

"3. Reading away. Losing 1-0 at half time after the ballache of driving there in my awful first car (a Talbot Samba), we went on to win 2-1 with Sheron even managing a goal I think. I can't remember, I was too busy going nuts and climbing up a fence or something."

Yep, a deflected effort however.

I got given complimentary tickets outside the stadium for that one, bizarrely...

Elm Park was awful.

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 13:08 - Mar 26 with 1490 viewsQPunkR

That Barnsley FA Cup game was amazing. Peacock scored a great 1st goal for us that day, about 30 yards out. Tony Roberts got nutmegged by a freekick on the edge of the box for their opener. The place went mental when Trev scored that bicycle kick! And there was even time for Andy Impey to get sent off as I recall.

That 1-0 win against Birmingham a couple seasons back ranks up there randomly, but the best of all for me was away at Sheffield Wednesday. Cardiff for the final the season before was indeed a low point

QPR - "shit but local"

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 00:27 - Mar 27 with 1404 viewsstowmarketrange

I can't believe that nobody has mentioned Easter Monday 1986?
We beat the scum 6-0.

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 10:30 - Mar 27 with 1348 viewsbenbu

There are plenty of brilliant games over the years so some good ones will be missed out ... (not in order)

QPR 4-1 Spurs 1994/95
QPR 4-2 Chelsea (late 80's)
QPR 3-2 Liverpool 2012
QPR 1-0 Oldham 2003
Sheff Wed 1-3 QPR 2004
Cardiff 2-2 QPR 2011
QPR 1-0 Chelsea 2011
Man Utd 1-4 QPR 1991
QPR 2-1 Liverpool 1994
QPR 6-0 Palace 1999

there were lots of games throughout the late 80's and early 90's but I would need to go back through some old programmes to pick out specific ones. I remember beating Arsenal a few times in those years, one famous FA cup win in amongst them. Even recent years like when we beat Coventry away under John Gregory 1-0, that goal basically gave us a great chance of survival. Crewe away 4-3 NYE 2005 great day/night. Watford away last season seeing us win title and lifting trophy home to Leeds! The FA enquiry ruined the celebrations at Watford so not in my top 10.

try doing a top 10 WORST QPR games attended!! we could make it top 100 ....

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 11:11 - Mar 27 with 1329 viewsRed_Ranger

Luton away and home in the FA cup. Jan 2001. All i can remember is equalising there 3-3 and winning at home 2-1 AET both occasions we went crazy.

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 13:44 - Mar 27 with 1295 viewsandygg

QPR 2 Arsenal 0, the FA cup replay. Sinton and Samson scoring, and Wegerle running rings around Donkey Adams for fun. What a great night.

Trevor Sinclairs overhead against Barnsley in cup too. The most breathtaking goal ive ever witnessed live.

Liverpool 1 QPR 3. The one and only time we beat the Scousers up North.

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 15:56 - Mar 27 with 1264 viewsPeterHucker

only counting games I was actually at.
loads of mine from the Holloway era. I also have loads of great memories from when Venables was manager, also Jim Smith, Trevor Francis, Don Howe, Gerry Francis but I don't remember the details so well.....

in no particular order.....

"staying up with Pigeon Gerry" when we put 6 past Palace in the sunshine

playoff semi-final home v Oldham

away at Brentford in the run to the playoffs, Bircham last minute goal.

away at Cardiff a couple of weeks later, Langley last minute goal. When that goal went in, the away end was probably about the most joyous ever!

6-1 @ home v Luton, when Paul Parker scored his one and only goal for us (and the tannoy man said it was Danny Maddix!)

early 90s 4-1 @ home vs Leeds the season they won the league, we played em off the park. Wilkins was different class.

getting promoted at Hillsborough (also winning at Wrexham, Hartlepool and Grimsby the same season)

beating Rotherham at home when we got promoted in 83, I think it was 4-0 or 5-0.

Easter Monday when Les Ferdinand got his 2nd hat-trick of the weekend v Forest.

82 FA Cup replay (didn't go to the 1st game)

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 18:49 - Mar 27 with 1216 viewsLondon_Pride

My two are from very different times.

1972 3-2 away at West Ham. First season back in 1st Division under Jago. We had never beaten a London 1st division club and went to Upton Park about 5 games in not having won yet but with three goals disallowed in a 0-0 draw against West Ham at home a few days earlier. Givens scored 2 and Ron Abbott got the third. for the first time ever, it felt that we were a proper top London club.

2010 3-0 away at Ipswich.Living in Ipswich I had seen us lose at Portman Road on numerous occasions. To see us totally control the whole game was awesome. Two great goals from Mackie and a penalty fro HH after an Akos thundebolt was disallowed when the ref blew too early. it was probably the most complete result of last season and at that moment I knew we were going up. speaking to them afterwards - so did my Ipswich Town friends.

Great memories.

Your top ten QPR Games of all time! on 19:12 - Mar 27 with 1203 viewsMr_Rusty

1975: Rangers 2 Liverpool 0
Outplayed Liverpool and played some of the best football seen be a Rangers crowd. Game included a special from Gerry Francis.

1975: Derby 1 Rangers 5
Score says it all, Rangers gave Derby a lesson on how to play (on their own ground)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024