Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derry in the Independent 06:43 - Apr 21 with 2212 viewsloftus_upper

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/profiles/shaun-derry-the-moment-the-dre

Derry in the Independent on 06:59 - Apr 21 with 2201 viewsloftus_upper

and Warnock talking about Gorkss, Connolly and legs of wood.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-how-i-

Derry in the Independent on 07:44 - Apr 21 with 2160 viewsBlackCrowe

Honest, articulate and grounded. If all players were like this, then I'd be proud of the England national team and not ashamed/embarrassed.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Derry in the Independent on 08:19 - Apr 21 with 2122 viewsNorthernr

The man is a fantastic ambassador for our football club and I'm so pleased he's here. Not sure I'd pick him today mind.

Derry in the Independent on 08:52 - Apr 21 with 2083 viewsTrellick

Blimey

"It was when he had reached his CLUBS VIDEO ANALAYST , at the TV monitor in the tunnel"

Derry in the Independent on 09:02 - Apr 21 with 2061 viewstimcocking

A nice article, he is a legend. I loved hearing the Shaun Derry chants in the game he was suspended.

Whatever Dezza says, i'm still angry with Ashley Young and i will remain so for quite some time yet.

Derry in the Independent on 10:58 - Apr 21 with 1972 viewsisawqpratwcity

Always loved what he did for us last season, basically the captain-behind-the-captain (AT). I wasn't sure if he'd have the smarts for the Premier, let alone the legs. He proved me wrong on both (only just on the legs). Unfortunately he wasn't immune from the ICC virus (I'm-Complete-Crap) that ran through most of the squad for a large chunk of the season. If we survive, he is the back-up to JB when he is absent by suspension or underperformance; if we don't, then he may be even more important.

As for Legs, Connolly and Gorkss with Reading, good luck to them all. I'm just still dark on (my take) of NW not being able to stand up to FB (remember the 'coach' slap) and stop the sale of a genuinely needed player (Gorkss) to draw cash back to the club (read 'Owners').

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Derry in the Independent on 13:26 - Apr 21 with 1837 viewsTacticalR

That's a great interview as it lets Derry speak for himself.

I agree completely with this point:
'Derry looks like prime management material in the making'

Derry is a player who it is very easy to underestimate. Last season it was great to watch him prowling midfield, mopping up trouble, and circulating the ball to Taarabt and Faurlin. Admittedly he looked off the pace against West Brom last week.

The amazing thing is that when we got him the Palace fans told us that his legs had gone years ago!

Air hostess clique

Derry in the Independent on 13:42 - Apr 21 with 1811 viewsClive_Anderson

Because he looks so old everyone assumed that his legs had gone years ago. If he looked like David Beckham we'd probably be talking about how he's got a couple of years left.

Derry in the Independent on 13:48 - Apr 21 with 1795 viewsTacticalR

True enough. And he's a nipper compared to Giggs and Scholes.

Air hostess clique

Derry in the Independent on 14:26 - Apr 21 with 1745 viewsAntti_Heinola

If/when we go down, if/when Hughes walks away, I'd be happy to see Derry take over. Normally I'm against appointing a first time boss, but I think Dezza could well turn into a very good manager in the future.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024