Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players 22:50 - Jul 19 with 2764 viewsHunterhoop

Hi all,

As some of you will know, I currently run Accrington Stanley Bowles, a Sunday League team based in South West London.

Our new season begins soon and we are on the look out for new players.

ASB has been going for around 15 years now and has comprised predominantly of QPR fans. Over the last few years we've undergone somewhat of a generational change. But we're keen to keep the club going with a strong core of QPR fans making up the team. Given how the team was formed by Rs fans, been made up of Rs fans, and has had a number of players who've worked for the club, we like to consider ourselves the QPR Supporters' XI.

It's a good bunch and quite a few of us often meet up pre or post games and travel to away games together.

We play most of our matches in Chiswick or Wandsworth.

We will have a few pre-season training sessions as well as a couple of registration evenings.

Our match subs and annual subs are competitive for 11-a-side teams.

If you are interested in joining, it would be great to hear from you. All ages and ability welcome, and don't worry if you can't commit week in, week out. We have some guys, live Clive, who play once or twice a year, which is really useful when your in the middle of the season.

Private message me if you're interested.

Cheers,

Hunter

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 02:04 - Jul 20 with 2696 viewsSonofNorfolt

Wish I was a bit younger, especially with the spring our step we all have at the moment.

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 10:21 - Jul 20 with 2627 viewszicoshoops

Like Mel, the sands of time are against me, however......
Are you looking for a Manager?
Billy Power employed me as Assistant Manager many moons back. (425k a year, free tab at the Conni, plus two bottles of Brandy per week)

I like to keep training and tactics basic and simple. (fancy tactics are for fancy boys)
Training.
Ten laps round the pitch twice a week.
Tactics.
Kick the ball towards the other team's goal.
If this is not possible, pass the ball to a player wearing the same colour shirt as you.
On no account pass the ball back towards your own goal. (backheel it upfield)

All defenders must wear steel toe capped football boots. (helps when dealing with tricky wingers)

We play our cards right here, we can start flying up the Leagues.

Mail me........let's fast track this.

P.S.
Like Fergie, I've got a Sheepskin overcoat as well.

Signed Zico. (most improved Inside Left 1962/63)

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 20:04 - Jul 21 with 2422 viewsMarc

Messaged.

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 14:20 - Jul 26 with 2182 viewstom007

you could always give rowan vine a call.

dont know if he would be good enough though.lol

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 20:25 - Jul 28 with 2094 viewsrontheranger

Let me know when you've got a pre-season friendly and I'll play, Ron

Formally Lower Loft, Now S Block

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 18:36 - Aug 12 with 1681 viewsBrazilNutR

Would have been well up for this if i was still living in London... always played saturdays (in chiswick) which meant I rarely went to watch the Rangers on Saturdays unless injured... If i find myself back on home soil one day...and the legs are still working I'll be interested...
Friend of mine used to run the Arsenal supporters XI team, played a few times for them which was a bit strange...

Good luck for the season....

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 17:39 - Aug 15 with 1572 viewsBazWoT

Shall I ask Ant or his mate?

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 17:56 - Aug 15 with 1571 viewsHunterhoop

If Ant and/or Ross are interested then yes, Baz.

I thought they enjoyed it last year but towards the latter half of the season Ant stopped responding to texts, emails, etc.

I think they're on the mailing list (so should have received all the emails I've been sending out) but I've not heard a peep from them tbh.

They're decent lads and decent players though, so of course they'd be more than welcome and we'd love to have them back.

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 19:22 - Aug 15 with 1564 viewsBazWoT

Nice one, I'll ask as he's only playing Saturday this season, combined counties league, not sure about Ross but as Ant don't drive he's stuck without him. He did enjoy it when he could play and he can play a bit, fancies himself as taarabt

WE R PREMIER LEAGUE, SAY!!!

Accrington Stanley Bowles - Looking for new players on 18:02 - Aug 18 with 1447 viewsLewes_r

Do you need a keeper?

I think QPR have one available

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024