Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
reality check 11:40 - Jan 1 with 5382 viewswittle

we have 9 home games left,were we to win them all it would give us 37 points.Those games include spurs,man utd,man city and arsenal,we can write off the away games because that will bring us a few draws at best.My point is its not going to happen in a million years so why are we wasting time and money talking to the likes of ba,cole and anelka,surely now it is obvious to everyone that we should cut our losses and plan for life in the championship.

reality check on 11:47 - Jan 1 with 4074 viewsCHUBBS

We can all see that but TF just won't accept the drop even now its to late to change anything.This is a man who still thought MH would turn us around 10 games after some of us could see he'd lost the plot.
If he wants to spend 20 million on quality hungry players under the age of 25 then all well and good.But we just won't do that.

reality check on 12:09 - Jan 1 with 4009 viewspomanjou

54 points to play for. Its not all over.

Of course we should plan for a worst case scenario but lets wait until we see if Harry can work one. The players are not all numpties even it it seems so at the moment. Form and Confidence which is shot in most of the players, could rapidly return with some inspired signings.

Too much Chamberlainism here and not enough Churchill.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

reality check on 12:11 - Jan 1 with 4002 viewsclassof93

Agree looks unlikely but I think 36 or 37 could be enough to stay up this season, as there are a few poor teams down there. Still would need at least two away wins I think and win seven home games.....

reality check on 12:12 - Jan 1 with 3998 viewswittle

we have won 1 game all season,thats the reality.

reality check on 12:13 - Jan 1 with 3988 viewspomanjou

Thats history, done and dusted. Reality is that there is still 54 unallocated points to play for.

Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

reality check on 12:14 - Jan 1 with 3979 viewsJamie

And having picked up 16% of the available points so far, we now need to collect 60% of those left.

It's over.

reality check on 12:14 - Jan 1 with 3973 viewsShotKneesHoop

We can't even do Dunkirk properly at the moment

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

reality check on 12:17 - Jan 1 with 3964 viewswittle

so do you think we should throw more money at it ,in the hope that we pull it off ? because this bunch aint going to turn it around.

reality check on 12:17 - Jan 1 with 3962 viewsMedwayR

We won 7 games in 2012, one of those this occurred season, and all we've got to do to stay up is win 9 of our remaining games, likely innit...we can't even average a goal a game at the moment

Poll: Who’s better?

reality check on 12:23 - Jan 1 with 3940 viewsQPRDave

Harry has a mini season to try and do the biz. Season starts tomorrow for us under Harry.

reality check on 12:31 - Jan 1 with 3924 viewswittle

look at the stats i put up at the top of the page regarding what we need to do to stay up.I dont think we have a hope in hell and i dont think we should be bringing in more big earners when we are odds on for the drop.That doesnt mean just give up ,it means bring players in that will want to play their part in getting us up next season should the worst happen.

reality check on 12:37 - Jan 1 with 3905 viewsQPRDave

I see what you're saying Wittle but lets see who we sign and whether they will be on big money, really not convinced these names being touted in the press are going to come here even if we were prepared to pay big money. As for Joe Cole Harry has said he'd like him but Liverpool will have to help with wages

reality check on 13:23 - Jan 1 with 3852 viewsbaz_qpr

We were down in October - what we have to do though is have a decent fight find some form and do some rebuilding now to take into next year sowed hit the ground running rather than have to try and build another brand new team

reality check on 13:36 - Jan 1 with 3828 viewswittle

i agree but i dont believe the players we are being linked with are going to be of any use to us when we go down ba,cole anelka etc.

reality check on 13:45 - Jan 1 with 3807 viewsdaveB

reality is we can stay up, whether we do or not is another thing, doesn't look likely at the moment thats for sure but it's not impossible

reality check on 13:47 - Jan 1 with 3803 viewsmygeneration

it is not about being defeatist but looking at the long-term strategy. Do we really need to buy in more mercenaries or 'pass their sell by date' players? Do we really need to see more money pouring out of the Club to pay over-the-top wages?

Let's look to building the team of the future. Bring in young talented players that have passion and determination to do their best and getting rid of the dead wood.

reality check on 13:48 - Jan 1 with 3795 viewswittle

The planning for next season should be starting now in this transfer window in my opinion,recalling campbell was the first step.

reality check on 13:50 - Jan 1 with 3789 viewsdaveB

you don't bring in harry redknapp as manager to build for next season, we were always going to have a go with new players in january no matter what our position is

reality check on 13:52 - Jan 1 with 3787 viewsCHUBBS

Agree,the current squad is beyond repair.Try to off load as many of the high earner/trouble makers possible and bring in some younger hungrier/cheaper players.
NW created a squad with an amazing bond to win the championship in less time.

reality check on 13:52 - Jan 1 with 3783 viewsTheBlob

Stoke City of the 1970's made a very good fist of hiring "past it players".
At the risk of seeming xenophobic it works best with home grown players,the ability to gee up that is.A blend of youth and experience always a good one.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

reality check on 13:53 - Jan 1 with 3778 viewswittle

it seems a lot of fans are still happy for fernandes to splash the cash in spite of the mess that policy has got us in already and that surprises me.

reality check on 13:58 - Jan 1 with 3762 viewspomanjou

What surprises me is the number of surrender monkies we have amongst us.

Chjrist, I would not want a lot of you guys in the trenches with me.

reality check on 14:00 - Jan 1 with 3750 viewsTheBlob

Trenches?You're showing your age.....

Poll: So how was the season for you?

reality check on 14:00 - Jan 1 with 3749 viewsJamie

Whilst on the other hand you would've been great at The Somme.

'What do you fcking mean theres bullets flying everywhere?!?!? Find the air pockets between the fcking bullets!'

reality check on 14:04 - Jan 1 with 3734 viewswittle

it was the players that surrendered first,but hey lets keep on spending anyway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024