Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armchair fans 18:53 - Jan 19 with 12686 viewsspiritofshittu

I see a lot of negativity today from the armchair brigade, let's wait and here some valued opinions from those at the game today, rather than those who listened to Sky Sports commentaties or who watched a rubbish stream on a picture the size of a postage stamp.

It's time to back Harry, the players and any team selection for four months and then do the maoning, it is a definite improvement on Hughes that is for sure.

Players working hard for the hoops, that's all we can ask for.

Armchair fans on 18:55 - Jan 19 with 8331 viewshblocker

Was at the game and yes the 2nd half was very negative. No body looked like they wanted to get over the halfway line.

Armchair fans on 18:55 - Jan 19 with 8322 viewsdanehoop

But it's so much easier to be negative, especially when you weren't at the game.

Just ask WatfordR, his opinions are facts!

Never knowingly understood

Armchair fans on 18:59 - Jan 19 with 8294 viewsspiritofshittu

Ok fair play if you were.

I watched it on a postage stamp, so am not willing to make a comment based on that.

Armchair fans on 19:00 - Jan 19 with 8290 viewsWatfordR

15 games left. Will 15 draws keep us up? Will 8 wins keep us up? What is more achievable from 15 games, 8 wins or 15 draws?

Like I say, not rocket science.

Armchair fans on 19:01 - Jan 19 with 8272 viewsdubaistu

I watched it on Abu Dhabi sports and thought they played well all things considered. Started well and the set back, West Ham are a strong side at home and just managed to hold our own.

The games when Harry came in were never going to be like watching Brazil, but that's not his problem. Grinding out results, building from the back and when he feels we really need to go for it (March) he will.

Armchair fans on 19:01 - Jan 19 with 8266 viewsdanehoop

But not a fact then?

Armchair fans on 19:03 - Jan 19 with 8254 viewswittle

remind me how many wins your hero hughes got us again.

Armchair fans on 19:03 - Jan 19 with 8244 viewsquickpassrotter

IMO - it was a situation that we got slightly bullied in the second half, not disimilar to the Loftus Road match from that context. Earlier in the season we would have collapsed so fair credit to us for hanging in there and taking the one point. I thought WHam were horrible to watch but they are effective, if you allow them to be. We got to keep hanging in there - still a way to go yet.

Armchair fans on 19:04 - Jan 19 with 8240 viewsCroydonCaptJack

You clearly haven't listened to any of Harry's press conference or gone to the Liverpool game

Armchair fans on 19:06 - Jan 19 with 8222 viewsToast_R

So if you were unable to get hands on a very limited supply of tickets, that constitutes an arm chair fan does it Shittu you numpty?

Armchair fans on 19:08 - Jan 19 with 8207 viewsWatfordR

I'm pretty sure it's a fact that if we draw all our remaining games, we will go down.

Armchair fans on 19:16 - Jan 19 with 8170 viewshblocker

Should never have took mackie off

Armchair fans on 19:17 - Jan 19 with 8162 viewsdanehoop

No you see, there you go once again. It's an opinion.

It is your opinion that there is a high probability of us going down if we only draw all of our remaining games.I would agree that opinion is more than fair. However, it's not a fact.

Statistically it's possible we could stay up. It is a possible that all other results could go our way. No future games have yet been played so the outcomes are not yet known and so facts pertaining to future games are equally not yet known.

By the way how many points did Hughes get whilst in charge? Those are facts.

Armchair fans on 19:19 - Jan 19 with 8150 viewsLofthope

It's a probability, not a fact.

Anyway, I was there, we were overrun in midfield in the 2nd half and thought HR got the substitutions wrong, which contributed to this. JSP is a waste of space, just runs towards a player with the ball, and stops 7 yards short and watches whilst the opposition player passes the ball, then runs over to the player receiving the pass and does the same. It's like playing with 10 men.

We defended well in the box, but far too deep for my comfort zone.

Onwards and upwards, it's getting better all the time, unbeaten in 2013, keep your pecker up, as they say.

Armchair fans on 19:20 - Jan 19 with 8145 viewsWatfordR

That's not a fact. That's a question.

Would you like to make a bet with me that 30 points will be enough to stay up?

Armchair fans on 19:24 - Jan 19 with 8126 viewsdubaistu

my dick is bigger than your dick

Armchair fans on 19:28 - Jan 19 with 8108 viewsLofthope

Well anyone who froze at Upton Park today is entitled to a small dick today!

Armchair fans on 19:33 - Jan 19 with 8075 viewsJonDoeman

"Players working hard for the hoops, that's all we can ask for"

Good battling point, but quite like to ask them to keep the ball better as well!

It Is What It Is !!

Armchair fans on 19:33 - Jan 19 with 8073 viewsdanehoop

If you come from Watford, I'd probably agree.

Armchair fans on 19:35 - Jan 19 with 8057 viewssmegma

We started very brightly and were the better team for the first 25 minutes. Then that was it.We had a couple of breakaways second half , one of which saw 3 against 2 but M'bia passed to Remy when he could/should've gone for goal himself and the chance went begging. It was certainly backs to the wall second half and we gave Jarvis the freedom of East London every time they went forward. Clint Hill won every single header and Cesar was superb.But we sat too deep and invited them on with a formation of 8-0-2. Was weird seeing Tony Fernandes sitting about six rows in front of us.

Armchair fans on 20:12 - Jan 19 with 7988 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

And that says it all. If we hadn't have scored the whole match could have had a different complexion.

Score an away goal. Team retreats into shell. Opposition gain confidence etc etc

It's got to be Yarg

Armchair fans on 20:18 - Jan 19 with 7962 viewsted_hendrix

I thought we got out of jail free tbh, for the first 15 odd minutes we were good and looked composed etc.
From where I was sat I thought they had a stonewall penalty in the first half.

WHU owned the second half and you could smell their goal coming, thats how I saw It anyway.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Armchair fans on 20:20 - Jan 19 with 7952 viewsTopCat34

We were dominated, but showed incredible resolve and spirit, that was really missing under Hughes. If we go down, we go down fighting. Still all to play for though, and we are by no means relegated.

Armchair fans on 20:36 - Jan 19 with 7915 viewsJigsore

Home form is key. Draw away from home is good. Remy scored on his debut.

What's not to like?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Armchair fans on 20:36 - Jan 19 with 7915 viewsJigsore

Home form is key. Draw away from home is good. Remy scored on his debut.

What's not to like?

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024