Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Armchair fans 18:53 - Jan 19 with 13077 viewsspiritofshittu

I see a lot of negativity today from the armchair brigade, let's wait and here some valued opinions from those at the game today, rather than those who listened to Sky Sports commentaties or who watched a rubbish stream on a picture the size of a postage stamp.

It's time to back Harry, the players and any team selection for four months and then do the maoning, it is a definite improvement on Hughes that is for sure.

Players working hard for the hoops, that's all we can ask for.

Armchair fans on 23:51 - Jan 19 with 1493 viewsBklynRanger

Your very simple point isn't just simple, it's blindingly obvious, yet you seem to think it's worthy of a thread.

If you can't at least get a sense of the game from today's stream then you're a bigger fool than your 'look at me' user name suggests.

The thing that people normally do, whether they've listened to a game or watched it on a stream is qualify their comments with the fact that they weren't there, and wait for the 'just backs'. People have been doing that on this site for years, before Danny Shittu got bought and before you turned up you purile kunt.

Armchair fans on 23:51 - Jan 19 with 1493 viewsted_hendrix

"Brooklyn Ranger you've probably never been to a match so I will give you the benefit of the doubt / naievety."

He's been to plenty of matches when he comes over.
He's even been in the back of my rock mobile on the way to some gig in the back of nowhere after a game at LR.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Armchair fans on 23:53 - Jan 19 with 1476 viewsrsonist

Perhaps you could be more specific about this mystical "bigger picture" you speak of. Generally I'd say when I see a match on TV the camera tends to follow the ball.

By the way regarding "postage stamp streams" you could always try clicking on full screen.

Armchair fans on 23:53 - Jan 19 with 1486 viewsBklynRanger

(Hello Ted, can you slap this tart for me? There's a curly wurly in it for you)

Armchair fans on 23:57 - Jan 19 with 1478 viewsSamegmol

Spiritofshittu i rarely post, just happy to read all that is commented on this board, but you have moved me to get out of my 'armchair' and comment. What on earth makes you think anyone is less of a supporter than you if they don't regularly attend games AND more to the point can't comment on aforementioned game if viewed from anywhere other than 'live'? What do you see live that umpteen camera's wont eventually see and show umpteen times on replay? (Having said that, the only way to watch foorball is live!! )

Armchair fans on 23:58 - Jan 19 with 1471 viewsnoauthority

Again complete nonsense.

SoS if you are for real and not Sean Derry (go on you are aren't you? - there's something in your alpha male aggression in forum posts that's identical to that in your body language on the pitch)...ask yourself this -

Can someone watching on an internet stream (about the size of an A4 piece of paper on my screen and sitting about 2 feet away) not see where players are and what half the ball is in - actually which penalty area the ball WAS in for most of the match?

All folk are saying is beyond some good back to the wall last ditch escapism (especially Cesar who was superb) and an excellent goal we were awful today.

Armchair fans on 00:01 - Jan 20 with 1458 viewsloftboy

So a season ticket holder who's been to hundreds of games but didnt go today is an armchair fan?
What a farking tool you are.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Armchair fans on 00:02 - Jan 20 with 1451 viewsSamegmol

Agreed.

Armchair fans on 00:06 - Jan 20 with 1435 viewsQPR1882

I work night shifts so don't get to as many games as i would like to so i rely on live streams.

My brother on the other hand is a season ticket holder home and away ( is known as PK on the LOFTYHEIGHTS web page ) yet every game i get a txt from him asking was that offside,was that a pen,was that a goal,was that a foul etc etc etc.

It is no where as near as good watching it on streams as it is being there, but with the benefit of replays sometimes you see more then being there.

Armchair fans on 00:14 - Jan 20 with 1420 viewsFDC

This 'not at the game so you're not a fan' is FreeSeat territory.

I've only been to a handful this season. Because I'm broke as the proverbial. That ok with everyone? FFS

I went to loads last season, and more the season before. Was I more of a fan then? Wind it in

Armchair fans on 00:17 - Jan 20 with 1415 viewsPommyhoop

Dont forget us exiles.No postage stamp feed for me .Sixty inch plasma HD(God bless you Fox)in glorious colour.And I've served my time before I emigrated over hear 6 n a half years ago.First game 3.3 draw Stoke 1973.Then season ticket holder right up to 1981 (God rest you Dad) then at 16 had to pay my own way so I didnt go to ALL the home games but went to many more aways.Certainly enough to have the right to have a point of view on a M<B.
Admittedly I was ve'y ve'y drunk but I felt we were crying out for Faurlin today.I will have to watch it again on the 'postage stamp'

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Armchair fans on 00:26 - Jan 20 with 1408 viewsrrrspricey

What is it about posters that start their name with spirit...is it a prerequisite to being a complete tw@t?

I was there today & am normally a half full type of fan but that's 3 league games on the spin I've watched us offer next to nothing going forward.

Spam were there for the taking today but HR's substitutions smacked of negativity & a lack of squad knowledge...Adel was the only player who looked like he could create something & don't get me started on Betty for Mackie ffs (spam equaliser wouldn't have happened if JM had still been on imo)

If we're to start winning at home, HR's attitude needs to be far more positive.

Armchair fans on 00:35 - Jan 20 with 1398 viewsCornish_oooRRRR

"No one who has gone to the match today has posted negatively on this thread."

Maybe they're just too cold or p1ssed off.

"Players working hard for the hoops, that's all we can ask for."

And maybe some quality. We are in the best league in the world after all.

Daft post

It's got to be Yarg

Armchair fans on 00:35 - Jan 20 with 1398 viewsRoundhayRanger

I listened to the game on the car radio and later watched the highlights on MOTD. In both versions we played well early and went ahead 1 by HT (reason to worry!), got battered in the 2nd half, but got a valuable point. Was my take on the game massively different from those who were there? (apart from the sheer pleasure of being at the football of course).

At no time was I sat in an armchair.

Armchair fans on 00:42 - Jan 20 with 1381 viewsFDC

Yeah, not so much an armchair fan as an uncomfortable desk chair fan presently. Where's my clique?

Armchair fans on 01:17 - Jan 20 with 1358 viewss1cRanger

So we now have fans that went to the game today and fans that didn't posting very similar reports of how we played. *shocker* What are you going to say now SOS? Are their views not valid because they were in the back half of the stand and not the front? Or because they didn't have a burger before the game they dont have the right to comment?

Clear that you are just winding people up so I would suggest you stfu.

Armchair fans on 08:08 - Jan 20 with 1308 viewsDubaiR

What a s**t post. All family are QPR, had a season ticket from age of 4 all the way up to leaving the country with my job.

Been in Dubai for 10 years, of which 3 I kept my season ticket. I go to 6/7 games a season even now, and every game is live on TV here.

If that makes me an armchair fan so be it, but from your comments I would wage most armchair fans know more about football than you.

Armchair fans on 08:11 - Jan 20 with 1306 viewsFearless

I was there yesterday and although I accept it was a decent point and we've massively improved under HR....

.... Seeing if we can stop the other team scoring for about 120 minutes out of the last 180 (league games) is not much fun as a punter.

I'd like to see us to retain possession, pose an attacking threat and try and compete - 2 banks of 4 on the 18 yard line and a superb goalkeeping display isn't much fun

And I assume we've got more of the same coming up Against Man City (and to an extent I understand why) -

The above is probably more negative than I intended, and whilst the results have been good on paper, it's just not very entertaining (I may feel differently if hadnt stupidly chose not to go to Chelsea )

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Armchair fans on 08:19 - Jan 20 with 1296 viewsCharlie1

I went yesterday. With some confidence on the ball, perhaps all 3 could have been taken. Huge improvement this month which many on here, including I'd argue some who went, under estimated the effort and shape we kept. Last month we'd have caved in. We're building foundations quickly. But that second half was trying and not just because it was so cold.

I don't get to every game now. Does that make me less of a supporter? Possibly but not less of a fan.
I do honestly think though, views and opinions differ wildly from those going to watching on TV / live stream. It's not a dig its just at the game, you appreciate the shape, tactics and game plan more. You cannot do that in the living room. That's often why after a game you come on here and your like "WTF" because some drivel / slating of players goes on.

2:59 baby!

Armchair fans on 09:26 - Jan 20 with 1254 viewsandygg

The "Idiotic post of the year award" is defo yours. What a bellend.

Armchair fans on 09:43 - Jan 20 with 1235 viewsWestonsuperR

Rubbish, I attend games and watch on live steams. The stream will give you close up's and replays that you don't get at the actually game. If you are watching a particular player or want to get an in depth view of how a team set's up and plays the you may get an advantage in going but the average fan would get a much better overall perspective from a steam.

Armchair fans on 10:08 - Jan 20 with 1206 viewsjo_qpr63

Hang on a minute!... Teds "Rockmobile"!!!. Stuff the game, I want to know more about that.

Armchair fans on 10:10 - Jan 20 with 1202 viewsscottjones

Erm... SoS is one of the Wintons ... Well that's at least what he claimed on this very board a couple of months ago.

Armchair fans on 10:38 - Jan 20 with 1185 viewsspiritofshittu

It shouldn't matter who I am, what dissapoints me is that I made a very fair and reasonable post; that people who didn't go to the game shouldn't come on the messageboard slagging the team off. It is quite simple and this was my initial post that if you LISTENED to the game on Sky Sports or WATCHED it on a live stream that is notoriously pixelated, blurry and jerky...that you are really not qualified to make a reasoned judgement on the game.

The general responses of most is fairly shocking and shows that there are some really awful posters on this site....

Armchair fans on 10:42 - Jan 20 with 1179 viewsTheBlob

You are Dale Winton?

Somehow it all makes a twisted sort of sense now.......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024