Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Realistic striker options 13:20 - Jan 7 with 10344 viewsgjc104

Nikica Jelavic
Shane Long
Steven Fletcher

Any others?

Realistic striker options on 13:22 - Jan 7 with 4929 viewseghamranger

Crouch

Realistic striker options on 13:23 - Jan 7 with 4926 viewsjeffranger

Rhodes
Wells
defoe

Realistic striker options on 13:28 - Jan 7 with 4906 viewsadhoc_qpr

Jelavic is a pure finisher who generally needs chances to be served up to him - we barely create a handful of chances most games.

Shane Long will have better prem options.

Steven Fletcher cost Sunderland £14m and is still their top scorer, even though Poyet doesn't fancy him i can't see him going on the cheap.

Crouch is a good guy and maybe could do a target man job, but he's getting on, his recent goal scoring record is poor and he'd cost a lot in wages.

Bamford would have been a good shout, i quite like Nahki Wells and Assombalonga too.

Realistic striker options on 13:42 - Jan 7 with 4870 viewsDiscodroid

kevin doyle , still only 30, so another 2 years in him at least.

needs a new lease of life and a reboot , dying a death of a thousand cuts at wolves.

cultured ,class, link up midfield to attack, good in the air, good on the ground.good football brain.will be a perfect foil for austin. reminds me of johnny byrne./stainrod.

a must for me.case closed.

cant see us getting Fletcher or long. would love mcormack but no chance.

vaz te at west spam would score for fun in this league if we can sort the balance out in midfield, (the sound of DAve b sharpening his knives For instant dissection)
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 13:48]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Realistic striker options on 13:49 - Jan 7 with 4833 viewsbob566

doyle is a great shout. His work rate is exceptional.

Realistic striker options on 13:51 - Jan 7 with 4818 viewsDiscodroid

could see him being a cult figure(for all the right reasons, i.e not in the garry thompson/devon white mode).

him and austin up front,. id settle for that in the premier league.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Realistic striker options on 13:57 - Jan 7 with 4792 viewsToast_R

Bit of a weird one Doyle. Why is he still pratting about at Wolves and why has no one snapped him up?

From Wiki
He’s contracted there until 2015 and turned down a summer move to Leeds.

He’s obviously on a good bit of bunce there and no one will match it so he sounds like a man on a mission to see out his contract on a decent wedge rather then trying to get his career back on track.

I'd be fearfull of taking on someone else’s problem. We’ve been down that road one too many times for my liking.

Realistic striker options on 14:00 - Jan 7 with 4782 viewsDieByYourSide

Steven Fletcher realistic??

Poll: And it's hi ho

Realistic striker options on 14:00 - Jan 7 with 4782 viewsDANRANGER

Agree with Doyle, realistic target and always rated him. I cannot understand the links to Jelavic/Long or Fletcher. Cannot see any of them dropping a division and will have options in the PL. If they do then we are yet again paying out big money.

Kevin Phillips is available??? Fits the current transfer structure?

Can't see us forking out millions unless Remy is sold.

Realistic striker options on 14:04 - Jan 7 with 4766 viewssimmo

Becchio
Wickham
Sharp

Riskier

Callum Wilson
Vellios

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Realistic striker options on 14:10 - Jan 7 with 4752 viewsDiscodroid

Becchio and wickham.bleedin good shout.

Realistic striker options on 14:16 - Jan 7 with 4727 viewssimmo

To be fair Wickham was the one that Neil mentioned first, I just happen to agree! Also signed him for QPR on FM12 and he was class.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Realistic striker options on 14:22 - Jan 7 with 4720 viewsTheBlob

Jelavic or Rhodes.
Outside shot Britt Assombalonga.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Realistic striker options on 14:28 - Jan 7 with 4696 viewsDiscodroid

welcome to the party blob!, get out of the bleedin kitchen mate.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 14:29]

Realistic striker options on 14:29 - Jan 7 with 4689 viewsNathanNI

What's the terms of Remy's loan?

Season long fixed iirc? Hence the £2m.

Can't see them doing anything with them

Realistic striker options on 14:35 - Jan 7 with 4667 viewsAntti_Heinola

I think a lot of these suggestions are unrealistic tbh. Doyle would do the linking job that we need, but surely we could find someone cheaper? Wolves would want a fair whack, as would he. And another 30-something.
Was it Bosh or Blob who said the man we should have signed was Holt? How's he doing at wigan? *cheekyfaceemoticon*

Who's this Clarke bloke banging them in for Cov? ;)

Bare bones.

Realistic striker options on 14:37 - Jan 7 with 4658 viewsTheBlob

Waiting for BT to reply as me phone's gorn dead after a lightning strike.

Not exactly spoilt for choice over an additional striker are we?Decent one's still as rare as rocking horse shit.Just fighting over the dregs imho.

Realistic striker options on 15:23 - Jan 7 with 4588 viewsdaveB

Not a fan of Vaz Te I think he was a one season wonder. I've always liked Kevin Doyle and would have no real problem with that, all I'll say is that Redknapp will be slated if he signs him due to Doyles age

Realistic striker options on 15:25 - Jan 7 with 4580 viewsTheBlob

Talking about dregs.........and a non story......

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-transfer-gossip-QPR-looking-Kenwyne/st
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 15:26]

Realistic striker options on 15:26 - Jan 7 with 4578 viewswhittocksRs

Do we have a scouting system at all? There must be other options in France, Spain etc as other clubs seem to find them.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2014 15:26]

Realistic striker options on 15:43 - Jan 7 with 4537 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't know really, Mavis The only one I've seen enough of to speak with any authority is Doyle who would be excellent for us, but I'd prefer us to sign younger players.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Realistic striker options on 15:44 - Jan 7 with 4531 viewsdaveB

We do have scouts, they found Remy last year

Realistic striker options on 15:56 - Jan 7 with 4506 viewsJamie

Realistic striker options on 15:59 - Jan 7 with 4492 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought Redknapp said that he knew of Remy from a few years ago?

We do have scouts, though. I thought Redknapp admitting last January (approximately) that he didnn't have time to do scouting was pretty disgraceful, but we have added scouts since. Ian Butterworth is one of them anyway. I think Steve Hitchen is also still here. And posssibly two or three more?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Realistic striker options on 16:04 - Jan 7 with 4470 viewsGloucs_R

Can we just get this clear....RHODES IS NOT AN OPTION!!!!!!

Thanks

Poll: Are we staying up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024