Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
the period to New Year 14:09 - Dec 14 with 451 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

There's been some interesting debate about our ability to close the gap on other teams so I thought I'd have a look at everyone's fixtures to see what might be what. There are lots of six pointers coming up before the NY, so this would be a good time to find some form. Details below with some forecasts from me (more illustrative examples really, this Division is impossible to predict with any certainty).

BRIGHTON (P21, PTS 18)

Wolves (a) D
Reading (h) D
Fulham (a) L

WIGAN (P21, PTS 17)

Rotherham (h) W
Leeds (a) L
Sheff W (h) W

ROTHERHAM (P21, PTS 21)

Wigan (a) L
Huddersfield (h) W
Blackpool (a) L

MILLWALL (P21, PTS 23)

Bolton (h) L
Norwich (a) L
Bournemouth (h) L

LEEDS (P21, PTS 23)

Forest (a) L
Wigan (h) W
Derby (a) L

BOLTON (P21, PTS 23)

Millwall (a) W
Blackburn (h) L
Huddersfield (a) D

HUDDERSFIELD (P21,PTS 24)

Birmingham (h) D
Rotherham (a) L
Bolton (h) D

Assuming we took four points (by beating Rotherham and taking a draw from one of the other two), the table could look a bit like this :

Bolton 27
Leeds 26
Huddersfield 26
Rotherham 24
Wigan 23
Millwall 23
Brighton 20
Blackpool 17

Whilst that obviously wouldn't be great, it would keep us in the hunt and set up the home game with the Lions very nicely.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

the period to New Year on 15:38 - Dec 14 with 408 viewsPlumbs

If Leeds beat Wigan I'll buy Basilbobtangodog a belated festive bottle of vodka, and bare my arse* at the southshore swingers party.

*actually...
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 16:31]

Real fans go to pubs like the HITW or the Welly

the period to New Year on 16:00 - Dec 14 with 394 viewsmoney_money_money

I can see Brighton's results being affected by a management change in time for the transfer window.
I don't think the gap to safety will change much over these 3 games, nor am I convinced we will beat Rotherham as I feel we are no better than they are.
However could be wrong though! well I'll have to be really or we are doomed!!
Sorry, is this the wrong site for negativity?

the period to New Year on 16:04 - Dec 14 with 391 viewsHannibal_de_Seaside

Throw Birmingham into the mix. True a great result for them yesterday but they were truly dreadful against us. They may get a point at Huddersfield but I can't see them getting much from Derby or the florists. That woould put them on 26 points.

Same with Reading if they only get one more point this year (perhaps Robbie's prediction at Brighton). Their other two games are Watford and Norwich - two sides unpredictable but currently 6th and 7th so more than capable of beating a team on a bad run (and yes I am aware that Reading won at Carrow road a couple of weeks ago).

the period to New Year on 16:12 - Dec 14 with 387 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I agree with all that HdS and would chuck Fulham in too ; anyone who concedes as many as they do will have trouble picking up a lot of points. I only stopped where i did because I didn't fancy the extra typing.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 16:13]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024