Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gap to safety down to 8 points 17:44 - Dec 13 with 1587 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Stage one was to stop the gap widening. Then it was to claw things back. The gap to safety is now down from 10 to 8. Going to be tough but at least it looks like we now have a chance of closing in on the teams just above us.

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 19:11 - Dec 13 with 1263 viewsPNENIL

From this position, if we were playing good attacking football and dominating teams a bit then I would say we have a chance. But were not. Were hanging in there , scrapping the odd point late on and we've just had two 1-0 wins all season. I can't see us ever winning a game even 2-0 and we certainly wont be doing 6 like Birmingham. We are a very limited side. And we also have the disruption of a transfer window to come when we have to battle to keep the players we already have because they're not tied down.
We would need to have a run of 3 or 4 consecutive wins to get us back in the frame. We're not capable of it.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 19:13]

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 19:25 - Dec 13 with 1247 viewschesterbfc

great chance for Clarke to get rid of Riga,s rubbish and re group. If the other site is to be believed I cant believe the wages for the likes of Miller, Oriel twins, Orlandi etc are being paid. No wonder KO is sceptical, but I,m sure he will back our new savior , I,ve never felt more confident since Larry and Parkes got us out of the poo in 2006

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 19:36 - Dec 13 with 1235 viewsTang67

Chester what are you smoking?
How was it Riga's rubbish ?
Good point today but Chester that post was way too loaded

Poster formerly known as bisphamtang

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 20:35 - Dec 13 with 1198 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

One of our biggest advantages is having a crystal clear objective of where we need to get... 4th bottom. No other side will have that clarity right now. We also know things are on the up for us whereas other sides are just treading water.

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 21:13 - Dec 13 with 1178 viewsPNENIL

Things are on the up whereas other sides tread water?
You wouldn't swap places with these other treading water teams then?

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 21:29 - Dec 13 with 1166 viewsscratchingshed

Very lucky point today no good at all to us, we're still doomed, just prolonging the agony, sorry but anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2014 21:32]

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 21:32 - Dec 13 with 1162 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Not sure with 25 games to go. It's interesting now. I'd currently back us to finish higher than Wigan and Rotherham if they keep going baackwards. Not sure about Brighton. They could sack Hypia and then shelve out a few bob in January. At least the season is back alive now.

Gap to safety down to 8 points (n/t) on 21:33 - Dec 13 with 1156 viewsscratchingshed

Gap to safety down to 8 points (n/t) on 21:34 - Dec 13 with 1156 viewsscratchingshed

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 21:43 - Dec 13 with 1146 viewsterminallytangerine

"...there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

Live in hope or wallow in misery.

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 23:34 - Dec 13 with 1096 viewsribble

Never had shed down as a miserable defeatist.

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 10:41 - Dec 14 with 1017 viewsStanahPool

Forget the gap, we know that if we get to 50 points then it is highly likely that we will be ok.

That is the target and Clarke has mapped out this in shorter term targets of 5 game batches, ie 7 points from every 5 games

We can get there with a win and four draws but I think he is more realistic and wants to target two wins and a draw then we can lose two of every 5!

GoTangerines

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 11:21 - Dec 14 with 997 viewsOldSkool

BHOK and ChesterBfc,
Your niavety and willingnes to forgive and forget, has given you the club and chairman, you so richly deserve.

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 11:27 - Dec 14 with 990 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I think it's more a case of being positive and supportive of a club they clearly love, to be honest. You only seem to come on here to snipe OS ; don't you have anything substantive of your own to say?

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 11:33 - Dec 14 with 985 viewsHarryHorse

Perhaps Robbie . But someone being sure KO will back anyone let alone "our new saviour" smacks of naivety to me

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 11:55 - Dec 14 with 979 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

I would love us to stay up ,but due to Oystons ineptitude he has put the club in a perilous position ,you should not play politics with our club.

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 11:56 - Dec 14 with 976 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Harry, i don't see it as naive. The new manager has already been backed more than the old one was. I'm sure the disparity will grow yet further in January, and the underlying reasons will be pretty easy to understand. I call it informed realism, to be honest. Whether it is right, fair or anything else is an entirely separate question.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 13:15 - Dec 14 with 939 viewsTang67

I almost admire the positivity
However for many the maladministration and avarice has left a significant section of our support embittered .
I consider myself to be amongst their numbers
They are not all illinformed yobs and many have supported the club over many years through tough times
Be sure on a personal level I would prefer to ho and watch and support the team without the negative back story which colours everything
Saying that when at the game I do support the players and really want us to survive
Bournemouth are going to be a very serious test and suspect a defensive game plan will be the order of the day as boy do they know where the net is
UTP

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 13:57 - Dec 14 with 925 viewsHarryHorse

Hmm, informed realism versus uninformed naivety . We couldn't be further apart . We shall have to wait and see what January brings (backing wise) ,February brings (accounts wise) -and both months bring (results wise) .

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 17:27 - Dec 14 with 882 viewsseasider13

This has been as crazy and chaotic season that i can remember, but as the manager said we just have to keep chipping away.

If we do get relegated at least we are going down fighting, under Riga apart from the Cardiff game, it looked like we were going to go down with a whimper, not any more.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 19:58 - Dec 14 with 854 viewsterminallytangerine

I agree with West Stand Ultra that no-one should play politics with our club: one of the reasons why Riga had to go.

It is also why all our energies must be channelled into getting behind the manager and players. This is not letting the owners 'off the hook' but getting our priorities right - IMHO.

Only then if we do go down can we hold our heads up high as supporters.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2014 20:49]

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 02:40 - Dec 15 with 800 viewsOsbourne

1 point is better than 0 points, Charlton. However, Pool need some 3 pointers now.

Bournemouth on Saturday? I am looking forward to it. It will be a test, but 3 points would be very welcome.

Are Pool fans confident?
I don't know, Bournemouth can't be the worse!
What are the bookmakers saying? I wonder.

Answer - Pool 18/5 Draw 37/13 Bournemouth 4/5
Bookmakers heavily in favour of a Bournemouth win then!
Well, they might be wrong!
[Post edited 15 Dec 2014 2:45]

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 09:30 - Dec 15 with 776 viewsLala

'I agree with West Stand Ultra that no-one should play politics with our club: one of the reasons why Riga had to go. '

Good OP Bighands - nice to see us looking at what we can do and not what we can't.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 10:03 - Dec 15 with 772 viewsTwelveAngryMen

Personally I think the optimism is a bit premature and that isn't a criticism of Clark
We can't ignore the fact however that we've only won 1 game since Clark took over and each draw take us further away from safety
I see Brighton are targeting Sherwood to replace Hypia This is the reality of our situation - a lot of the teams down there - Wigan Brighton Leeds Bolton will throw resources at trying to make sure they don't get sucked into the relegation scrap once the Jan window opens Will we ? Think we all know the answer to that
Even if Clark miraculously got us on an even keel with the rest ( and I'd say you'd need 4-5 wins to claw back an 8 point deficit as the teams around you will pick up points as well ) we'd still be favourites for the drop
If Clark does turn this around it would in my view be right up there with the greatest sporting comebacks and he should be nailed on for Championship Manager of the Year

#footballfirst

Gap to safety down to 8 points on 10:39 - Dec 15 with 765 viewsTang67

Not getting giddy as we are in a very poor position but there is a lot of football to play and with some serious intent in the January window Clarke may grind out a great escape
For the record I think he will give it his best shot and just hope he is backed

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024