Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Expectations for next season 19:38 - May 5 with 6926 viewsjanegallagher

What does the future hold, same owners, more protests, no investment?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Expectations for next season on 20:01 - May 5 with 5854 viewssteve_g

Down to Karl to put up or shut up - sadly I think he'll do neither and the rifts will get greater and the side will get weaker. The man has no idea, no morals and no dignity and should leave now before he can do anymore damage.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Expectations for next season on 20:02 - May 5 with 5854 viewsHarryHorse

Expectations nil , relegation a certainty without regime change or a volte face from the owners equivalent to Margaret Thatcher announcing she was going to marry Arthur Scargill .

Expectations for next season on 20:29 - May 5 with 5839 viewsscratchingshed

Same again for me I am affraid.

Yet another season of dross signings on short term contracts.

Excuses excuses from Clark and total silence from the top.

Cannot wait................

Expectations for next season on 21:30 - May 5 with 5813 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Would love to be pleasantly surprised but only a repeat of the last 12 months, albeit at a lower level, is all I can forsee. Sadly, there are 4 relegation spots to escape next time, not just 3.

Expectations for next season on 06:06 - May 6 with 5772 viewsTwoPhillips

Am just hoping that Karl finally steps up to the plate and realises that to get fans back on his side he needs to invest. The silence from the last few days suggests it will be no different than it has been,

Poll: That final Premier League Relegation Place

Expectations for next season on 11:05 - May 6 with 5752 viewsmoney_money_money

Correct Jane, same owners, no investment,more protests, plus probably starting with a points deduction and the new players wont be as good as this seasons.

Oh and yes , a new manager/yes-man. to take the rap for relegation to league 2.

Expectations for next season on 14:44 - May 6 with 5738 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Good post.

I don't, as things stand, see any prospect of new owners. Nothing they have done or said over the last few months suggests to me that they are planning to go. In fact, if anything, I think they have dug in and become a bit more entrenched as the level of protest has risen.

On a related point - which you didn't mention - I think that Clark's position remains uncertain. Until the last few days I'd thought that he was bound to be here, but now I'm less sure. We should all bear in mind that if concessions need to be made to "the mob", then sacrificing him is an easy one to make. Cynical maybe, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Protests? Certainly. That genie is out of the bottle now, and I'm sure that the TKs in particular won't want to let up any time soon. How it's done will be tricky for them to judge, as I would imagine they will want to win wider support in the football community as well as keeping our club in the public spotlight.

Investment? I'm sure the budget will be significantly smaller, but it might still be among the bigger ones in L1. And I think most people would accept that the playing field is much more in our favour in L1 than it is higher up the pyramid, PL monies notwithstanding. I think that the answer to this question is inextricably linked to who the manager is.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Expectations for next season on 15:05 - May 6 with 5720 viewsAllezBlackpool

I think they will try and calm the waters by bringing Holloway back

AVFTT's resident gastronome
Poll: Which Food Items would you like the concourses to sell

Expectations for next season on 12:19 - May 7 with 5472 viewsSTHolder

I really believe, despite everything we know, loathe and detest about the Oyston's, that they have a real chance of getting this club back on track IF they have the right manager, the right squad in place and get off to a flyer in league one. We have much more money than we did last time we were there and there is no reason we shouldn't be challenging next season.

HOWEVER, this silence again this week does make me concerned we'll get to the end of July with 8 players again!

Expectations for next season on 12:48 - May 7 with 5462 viewsstraightatthewall

I can't think of any holes in your thinking there ST

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Expectations for next season on 14:50 - May 7 with 5422 viewsseasider13

Looking at Karls smug expression in the face of one of the biggest protests ever staged at Bloomfield Road i think he will cut his cloth accordingly.

Protests + NAPM brigade + attendences down, were in for a tough campaign.

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

Expectations for next season on 14:55 - May 7 with 5420 viewsSuffolkSeasider

Here comes the new season, same as the old season.

A bunch of new faces but the same mess - just like I predict from the General Election!

Expectations for next season on 16:02 - May 7 with 5398 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If the same owners, an even worse season.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Expectations for next season on 16:05 - May 7 with 5396 viewsscratchingshed

I see its started already, a young kid from Blyth Spartans.

Wow Lee will be telling us all how we fought off stiff opposition to get him.
[Post edited 7 May 2015 16:06]

Expectations for next season on 14:09 - May 8 with 5311 viewsAVFTTConvert

A bit like the election, if you put your faith in a leader (Clark/Milliband) who has shown he's not up to the job you will reap what you sow.

Poll: Worst 'Regular' First Teamer at the moment?

Expectations for next season on 19:34 - May 8 with 5290 viewsBFC_Tim

I want us to approach next season as if it was this. Revenue won't be that different and we have to use some of the millions to give it a bloody good go. Like many others have said Oyston/Clark are our Milliband/Balls and so sadly just can't see the money being spent or an adequate squad being formed.

Poll: Who reckons we'll beat Watford?

Expectations for next season on 19:53 - May 8 with 5282 viewsHarryHorse

Made more sense to use some of the millions to stay in The Championship , don't think a leopard will change its spots now , maybe there are other hotels for sale

Expectations for next season on 10:57 - May 9 with 5251 viewsSadallover

Funny how this thread takes on a whole new meaning because with Oyston/Clark at the helm I genuinely felt that next season was over before it began - with Clark gone at least we have a fighting chance.

Expectations for next season on 17:51 - May 9 with 5231 viewswe_are_Superior

Lee Clark's departure should be a defining moment for Blackpool FC as Graham Westley's was for PNE. If Karl makes the right appointment he could win back some of the floating fans. There is now a hardcore of anti-Oyston supporters but similarly there is a soft underbelly of fans who just want to be entertained by their side and see them win. Get the right man in and KO may find he gets more voting with their feet in the right direction.

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Expectations for next season on 18:11 - May 9 with 5224 viewsHarryHorse

Fighting chance ? You have to be kidding. I'm no fan of Clark and am not sad to see him go but if the same policies are employed by the same owners with the same constraints it really won't matter who the next incumbent is . And same constraints is being generous as I would imagine the budget will be reduced

Expectations for next season on 11:50 - May 10 with 5176 viewsPool4eva

"Revenue won't be that different"
PP last season 8 mil this season nil
STs last season 8k this season ~ 4K
Away fans ave last season 1500, next season ~ 500
No shirt sponsor yet ???

How can the revenue not be different ???

Expectations for next season on 20:21 - May 10 with 5139 viewsHodderSeasider

It will be much the same as last season. We currently have no manager and very few players, as was the case this time last year. KoKo will take his time selecting a "compliant" manager, as no one worth his salt would work under Oyston conditions. When selected the manager will have an even tighter budget to work under than last season. It does not look promising!

Expectations for next season on 07:15 - May 11 with 5100 viewsstu

sadly a repeat of the season just gone

Tangerine is the new black

Expectations for next season on 16:51 - May 13 with 5044 viewsHappy_Satsuma

I said recently that our season could well be determined in the first two weeks of the close season - if we had a decent backbone to the sign and had got O'Hara and Madine in - alongside Orlandi and Cubero - plus maybe got the likes of Daniels and Hall back as centre halves then we would have had a spine to the side which we've never had.

We now have a jelly fish - even Cubero will be checking the small print on his contract. So at the moment expectations for next season are zilch am afraid.

Poll: Riga - Stay or Go

Expectations for next season on 13:03 - May 14 with 4986 viewsOrmerod89

My expectation if Charles Dunne is still at left back is Goals, Goals, Goals!!!

Poll: Who is going to win the Championship?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024