Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anthony Evans Article 14:21 - Feb 4 with 120 viewsspell_chekker

Anthony Evans explains why he left Everton for Blackpool in January

Anthony Evans has not made a Premier League appearance for Everton and will be hoping to impress at League One challengers Blackpool.

Anthony Evans admits he is loving life at Blackpool already, after leaving Everton on loan in the latter stages of the January transfer window.

Evans is one of the most highly-rated young players at the Toffees’ disposal, having captained the U23 squad on a number of occasions last season.

The Liverpool-born 20-year-old is yet to make a single appearance for the senior side, however, and moved to Blackpool on loan until the end of the season last month in order to get some minutes under his belt.

Evans shone during a similar spell at Morecambe in 2016/17 and, speaking to the Blackpool Gazette, he believes that moving to Bloomfield Road will only aid his development.

“I feel really good about the move, I think it’s exactly what I needed at this stage of the season,” he said.

“I previously had a loan spell a couple of seasons ago and it’s the right thing for me to do again, so I’m made up to be here.

“I think that loan spell helped set me up to be the player I am today, going out there and seeing a different style of football.”

Evans is a winger capable of playing on both flanks so should offer Blackpool manager Terry McPhillips further options in attack as the Tangerines look to force their way into the play-off places.

And, with his contract at Everton running until 2020, Evans may now be feeling the pressure to make an impression with his long-term future seemingly up in the air as it stands.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Anthony Evans Article on 16:26 - Feb 4 with 110 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Wish him all the best.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024