Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Orlandi retired 12:49 - Feb 25 with 84 viewsROTTWEILERS

Former Swansea City and Brighton midfielder Andrea Orlandi has been forced to retire aged 34 after discovering he has heart disease.

The issue was detected in a recent medical for the player currently with Italian side Virtus Entella.

"I felt like this was coming after I had the medical but until it was made official I still had that glimmer of hope," he told Brighton's website.

"Sadly it is not safe for me to play on," he added.

"I was devastated when the doctor broke the news. However, I am coming to terms with it quite quickly and am so thankful to all the medical staff who have helped me.

"I could have had an operation to try and carry on playing, but at 34 it would have been risky and stupid to do so. I have to think about my future more than football now.

"The truth is I could have died during my career, so I must look at the bright side, that I am still here with my wife and kids and that I enjoyed many years playing the game I love."

Orlandi spent five seasons with Swansea, helping them to achieve promotion to the Premier League, before enjoying two years at Brighton.

He also represented Blackpool, Cypriot sides Anorthosis Famagusta and Apoel Nicosia and Italian clubs Novara Calcio and Virtus Entella as well as having a spell in India with Chennaiyin.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Orlandi retired on 14:14 - Feb 25 with 74 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Remember he use to do a blog, quite informative from what I can recall. Didn't he have to fight Karl over the release from his contract???. Wish him all the best in the future.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2019 14:16]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Orlandi retired on 15:14 - Feb 25 with 67 viewsspell_chekker

He was dogged by injuries when he was with us.

Hope he looks after himself.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Orlandi retired on 16:55 - Feb 25 with 55 viewsLala

Yep, all the best to the fella.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024