Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Marc Bola 15:18 - Jul 26 with 160 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Middlesbrough have agreed a deal to sign Blackpool defender Marc Bola, Football Insider understands.

Left-back Bola has now been given permission to hold talks and undergo a medical at Middlesbrough.

As revealed by Football Insider Middlesbrough lined up a move for the 21-year-old as they look to strengthen their defensive options before the transfer window closes.

A source at Boro has told Football Insider that a fee has now been agreed and that the player will be heading to the north east to discuss personal terms and undergo the necessary tests to complete his move.

A number of Championship clubs have shown an interest in attacking left-back Bola, but Middlesbrough have moved to agree a fee with Blackpool.

Bola impressed at Blackpool last season after joining the club last summer on a free transfer following his release by Arsenal.

Blackpool have already lined up a replacement for Bola after moving for Norwich left-back James Husband on loan, as exclusively revealed by Football Insider

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-defender-to-undergo-medical-at-midd

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Marc Bola on 16:46 - Jul 26 with 155 viewsspell_chekker

It's been left slightly late in the day to sell Bola but I think the board have worked the situation well.

We should get over a million for him.

Bola's replacement (Husband) quietly recruited a day or two before he's sold - We're not left scrambling.

I'd say it's been very professionally handled and BFC have benifitted.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Marc Bola on 17:02 - Jul 26 with 151 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Marc Bola on 17:04 - Jul 26 with 147 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Marc Bola trained with Blackpool as normal today amid speculation he is due to sign for Championship side Middlesbrough.

Reports emerged online the 21-year old had travelled up to Teeside to hold talks and have a medical after a fee had been agreed between the two clubs.

However The Gazette understands that’s not yet the case, although Middlesbrough are interested and the situation could well develop over the coming days.

This morning’s signing of full-back James Husband on a season-long loan deal from Norwich City led to speculation he would be Bola’s replacement.

Bola signed for the Seasiders on a free transfer last summer after he was released by Arsenal, where he had been on the books since the age of 13.

It was Gary Bowyer’s decision to bring him to Bloomfield Road after the former Pool boss was impressed by the left-back in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Wigan Athletic, where the defender had been on trial.

Bola, who has previously enjoyed loan spells with Notts County and Bristol Rovers, made 43 appearances for Blackpool last season and was subsequently named the club’s player of the year.

Bola still has a year left on his deal at Bloomfield Road so Middlesbrough would be required to pay a fee.

It’s understood the left back, who has also been linked with Luton Town and Brentford this summer, has been offered a new contract by the club.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/marc-bola-trains-

Marc Bola on 19:55 - Jul 26 with 145 viewsspell_chekker

I've never seen Husband but his CV seems more' than enough for L1.

Sell Bola for £1m plus and drive him over.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Marc Bola on 14:53 - Jul 27 with 131 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Simon Grayson has opted to leave Marc Bola out of his Blackpool squad for today's pre-season friendly against Blackburn Rovers.

It comes amid speculation linking the left back with a move to Championship side Middlesbrough.

Nick Anderton will now play at left-back against Blackburn, with new signing James Husband starting the game from the bench.

Reports emerged online yesterday that the 21-year old had travelled up to Teeside to hold talks and have a medical after a fee had been agreed between the two clubs.

However The Gazette understands that’s not yet the case, although Middlesbrough are interested and the situation could well develop over the coming days.

Yesterday's signing of full-back Husband on a season-long loan deal from Norwich City led to speculation he would be Bola’s replacement.

Bola signed for the Seasiders on a free transfer last summer after he was released by Arsenal, where he had been on the books since the age of 13.

It was Gary Bowyer’s decision to bring him to Bloomfield Road after the former Pool boss was impressed by the left-back in a behind-closed-doors friendly against Wigan Athletic, where the defender had been on trial.

Bola, who has previously enjoyed loan spells with Notts County and Bristol Rovers, made 43 appearances for Blackpool last season and was subsequently named the club’s player of the year.

Bola still has a year left on his deal at Bloomfield Road so Middlesbrough would be required to pay a fee.

It’s understood the left back, who has also been linked with Luton Town and Brentford this summer, has been offered a new contract by the club.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/marc-bola-left-ou

Marc Bola on 17:34 - Jul 27 with 125 viewsROTTWEILERS

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Marc Bola on 18:23 - Jul 27 with 117 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

If it ends up being confirmed, then good luck to the lad. Should free up resources that can be used to strengthen the squad. Just need the Tilt situation sorting out.

Marc Bola on 14:40 - Jul 28 with 114 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Marc Bola on 14:45 - Jul 28 with 112 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool defender Marc Bola has completed his move to Championship side Middlesbrough.

The 21-year-old, who had a year remaining on his contract, departs Bloomfield Road for an undisclosed fee.

The Seasiders turned down "several offers" over the summer and offered him a new, improved contract, however Bola made it clear he wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to play in the Championship.

The left-back was left out of Blackpool's squad for yesterday's pre-season friendly against Blackburn Rovers and subsequently met his new teammates on Teeside.

“Marc is another good signing for us and is just the type of player we want here,” Middlesbrough boss Jonathan Woodgate said.

“There were other clubs interested, but he wanted to come here, and that’s the important thing.

“Like our other signing Marcus Browne, he is young, hungry, has a desire to do well and wants to play for Middlesbrough Football Club.

“I was impressed by what I saw of Marc a few years ago playing for Arsenal in the UEFA Youth League, I’ve followed his progress ever since., and I think he is another great fit for us.”

The defender had also been linked with moves to Luton Town and Brentford.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-defende

Marc Bola on 16:41 - Jul 28 with 110 viewsLala

Interesting to see who we sign with the incoming revenue.

Good luck to Bola 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Marc Bola on 17:38 - Jul 28 with 104 viewsROTTWEILERS

Shame. It's always preferable to hang on to your better players

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Marc Bola on 19:03 - Jul 28 with 95 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

He's gone to a club in a higher division and at a guess doubled his wages, so good luck to him.

I see it as a positive when trying to sign players who've not quite made it at a Premier League Academy. You can use the Bola example of how we can get a player's career on track, and will not stand in their way if a fair offer comes in from a club higher up than us.

Marc Bola on 19:40 - Jul 28 with 92 viewsLala

It’s like your children.

You have to let them go to grow

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Marc Bola on 06:24 - Jul 29 with 88 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Blackpool boss Simon Grayson says he’s been given assurances he’ll be allowed to spend the cash raised from Marc Bola’s move to Middlesbrough.

The left-back joined the Championship side yesterday for an undisclosed fee, having been left out of Saturday’s pre-season friendly against Blackburn Rovers.

He leaves after one season with Blackpool, who have made a huge profit on the 21-year-old after signing him on a free transfer.

Grayson, speaking after the 2-0 defeat to Blackburn, told The Gazette he’s expecting to have those funds at his disposal.

“After I spoke to Simon Sadler he made it clear that for any players sold, the money will come back into the pot for the signing of new players,” he said.

“That’s the case whether it’s free transfers and paying wages or going out and paying more money for players.

“We’ve seen already Ryan Hardie coming in for a decent amount of money for a club like ours, but over the next few weeks you never know what might happen with others.

“We wouldn’t have sold Marc had we not been happy with the fee, we don’t give good players away for the sake of it.

“It was the right balance between the player wanting to go to another level (and Blackpool getting the right cash).

“I’ve enjoyed working with Marc, but sometimes you have to think about the player and I think it was the right decision to allow him to talk to the clubs that have agreed a fee. So let’s see how it pans out.”

Last week’s acquisition of full-back James Husband on a season-long loan deal from Norwich City led to speculation he would become Bola’s replacement.

Grayson, however, said that was not the case and wanted Husband to provide competition for Bola.

However, Pool were not willing to stand in Bola’s way after Middlesbrough had agreed a fee.

“We agreed a deal with James Husband and Norwich before anything had happened with Marc Bola,” Grayson said.

“I wanted competition for places at left-back but knowing Marc Bola can play further up the pitch on the left-hand side, knowing full well something could potentially happen.

“As it’s panned out, we’ve given permission for him to speak to a club — or a couple of clubs — to see what happens with his future.

“We’ll see what happens over the weekend but James Husband coming in wasn’t dependent on Marc Bola leaving, it was more about competition for places.

“It’s not just happening at this level, it happens all the right way through Europe when good clubs come in for your players — it’s very difficult for players to turn down opportunities to maybe play at a higher level.

“There’s so many players we’ve seen leave, just look at Aaron Ramsey go on a free transfer to Juventus. Many other players will do the same.

“We felt the bid we’ve had has been accepted because it’s the right thing for the football club and not anybody else.”

Blackpool were 4-2 winners when they met Longridge Town yesterday.

Nathan Shaw, Yusifu Ceesay, Harry Pritchard and Adi Yussuf scored the goals.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-boss-si

Marc Bola on 09:30 - Jul 29 with 76 viewsjanegallagher

This thread was quite amusing on Boro board

https://fansonline.net/middlesbrough/mb/view.php?id=5979179

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Marc Bola on 08:43 - Jul 30 with 71 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Recently departed Blackpool defender Marc Bola says he decided to make the move to Middlesbrough as he feels they’re the right club to continue his development.

The left-back made the move to Teeside at the weekend, signing for the Championship side for an undisclosed fee.

It caps off a manic 12 months for Bola, who this time last year had been signed by Blackpool on a free transfer after being released by Arsenal.

He went on to make 43 appearances for the Seasiders last season and was subsequently named the club’s player of the year.

His impressive form attracted plenty of interest, Pool confirming they turned down “several offers” over the summer before offering him a new and improved contract.

However Bola made it clear he wanted to take advantage of this opportunity to play in the Championship.

He was left out of Pool’s squad for Saturday’s pre-season defeat to Blackburn Rovers and just 24 hours later finalised his move to Middlesbrough.

He even came off the bench to make his debut in their 1-1 draw with French side St Etiennes.

“I had a medical on Sunday and got told to come to the game,” the left-back revealed.

I loved it (first Riverside experience). Just walking in, everyone is so welcoming, it's a great set of lads as well so that's made it 10 times easier.”

Middlesbrough weren’t the only club to have shown interest in the former Blackpool man, who had also been tracked by Brentford and Luton Town.

When asked why he chose Middlesbrough, Bola said: “I just think the pathway for me, the development, I felt it was the right thing to do.

“I wanted to play more games. The manager Jonathan Woodgate said, 'listen if you work hard you're guaranteed to play'.

“I'm always hungry to learn and play, that's why I came here - he wanted me to be hungry.”

Bola was Middlesbrough’s second signing last week and followed fellow 21-year-old Marcus Browne in joining the club.

The winger, who played against Blackpool during his loan spell at Oxford United last season, moved from West Ham.

“I messaged Marcus and he said it's a great club,” Bola said.

“The philosophy and the way they think, everyone around the club is so welcoming, that made it such much easier for me.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/ex-blackpool-man-

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024