Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham United Pre Match 19:21 - Oct 10 with 251 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

The Seasiders will be looking to earn their first victory against Rotherham in 22 years when the two sides face each other this weekend.

Blackpool haven’t beaten the Millers since 1997, when goals from David Linighan, Phil Clarkson, Tony Ellis and Andy Barlow handed them a 4-1 win in a game played out in front of 5,524 at Bloomfield Road.

The two sides have faced each other on eight occasions since then, Rotherham winning five of those meetings.

Paul Warne’s men were relegated from the Championship last season, finishing four points adrift of safety.

They’ve had a mixed start back to life back in the third tier, sitting in 13th place after their first 10 games.

They should be brimming with confidence, however, having thrashed the previously unbeaten Coventry City 4-0 last week.

They followed that result with a 3-2 victory against Yorkshire rivals Doncaster Rovers in the EFL Trophy in midweek, although they did make a number of changes for the clash.

Two of Rotherham’s four league wins this season have come on the road, winning at struggling AFC Wimbledon on the opening day before claiming a 1-0 win at Burton Albion.

Rotherham boast two former Seasiders among their ranks in the form of Clark Robertson and Kyle Vassell, although the latter has been sidelined through injury in recent weeks.

The Millers will be backed by a healthy away following on Saturday, having already sold 1,500 tickets.

Their allocation has since been increased to 2,180.

Should the remaining tickets sell out, Rotherham will not receive any further tickets and there will be no sales on the day of the game

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-v-rothe

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Rotherham United Pre Match on 19:44 - Oct 10 with 246 viewsspell_chekker

Sorry for those who wait for this thread.

Many observers / non posters included.

I was having such fun I'd forgot there was a match in a couple of days.

I'll get on the case for a short while.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Rotherham United Pre Match on 19:49 - Oct 10 with 244 viewsspell_chekker

It’s looking like Rotherham United and Blackpool could well end up finding themselves level here, with both teams capable of netting. Let’s see what happens, but it could well be that we end up with scores level. We’re therefore expecting a 1-1 score draw at the conclusion of the game

Their previous form shows that Rotherham United:

Remain undefeated by Blackpool in away games against them for the last 4 league games. A solid away record against them.

Are without a win away from home in their last 3 league matches.

⚽️ What was the result last time these teams played each other in this league?

The last league fixture featuring these sides was League One match day 46 on 05/05/2018 and the score finished Rotherham United 1-0 Blackpool. The referee was Ross Joyce.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Rotherham United Pre Match on 19:50 - Oct 10 with 243 viewsspell_chekker

Last time at Bloomfield Road:

Rotherham United Pre Match on 19:55 - Oct 10 with 242 viewsspell_chekker

Team Focus:
Blackpool

Formed: 1887
Nickname: The Seasiders
Stadium: Bloomfield Road Stadium (17,338)
Captain: Jay Spearing
Chairman: Simon Sadler
Manager: Simon Grayson
Competitions: League One position 4, EFL Trophy (Group G - North)

Coming into this meeting, Blackpool have not beaten Rotherham United in their last 8 league games.
Key Player: Sullay Kaikai

Generally taking to the field in the Left Wing position, Sullay Kaikai was born in Southwark, England. After making a first senior appearance for Crawley Town in the 2013 - 2014 season, the dangerous Forward has accumulated 3 league goals in the League One 2019 - 2020 campaign to date from a total of 10 appearances.

Rotherham United Pre Match on 20:04 - Oct 10 with 241 viewsspell_chekker

Rotherham boss issues high-praise for key Blackpool figure ahead of clash this weekend

Rotherham United manager Paul Warne has been in front of the media today to discuss their game at the weekend away at Simon Grayson’s Blackpool.

After an entertaining win over Doncaster in mid-week Warne is hoping their EFL Trophy win can be beneficial for his whole squad ahead of another tough league fixture this weekend. “You can play reserves and train but nothing is as good as a proper first team game in a proper stadium.”

Looking ahead to the game against Blackpool Warne was full of praise for Rotherham’s next opponents “I think with their recruitment in the off-season, I always thought they’d do really well.

“They are a really well-organised League One team, who are hard to break down and the Gnanduillet up top is a threat, a nuisance and a goalscorer.”

Warne has identified Armand Gnanduillet as a major threat, with the Blackpool number eleven has netted five times in ten League One appearances this season and has been a key player for Grayson’s men this season.

Rotherham find themselves sat 13th in the table and are yet to really get into a run of form. A win against Blackpool would be a big scalp and could help Warne’s men to climb the table but Warne knows the opposition dug-out at the weekend is headed by a very successful League One manager in Simon Grayson.

“He’s doing a great job and the best way to say that is that they’re fourth in the league and I’m not. I think he’s doing a good job, he knows the league and he’s back at a club he knows really well.”

The Verdict

A tough away trip for Rotherham going away to promotion hopefuls Blackpool, buoyed by a win mid-week Rotherham can go in with confidence and could return with something.

Limiting Gnanduillet to next to nothing will be a key factor for Rotherham but Warne’s men can’t just focus on the big striker and will have to find a way to beat a tactically sound Blackpool side.

Rotherham United Pre Match on 12:44 - Oct 11 with 221 viewsspell_chekker

READ | Crooks calls on Millers to carry momentum into Seasiders clash

Rotherham United midfielder Matt Crooks is hopeful that he and his teammates are able to harness the positivity surrounding the club following two wins in a week as they travel to Bloomfield Road to face Blackpool this weekend.

The Millers put high-flying Coventry City to the sword at AESSEAL New York Stadium a week ago before a rotated team saw off the challenge of Doncaster Rovers in the Leasing.com Trophy on Tuesday night.

With positive vibes engulfing the club’s Roundwood training base following two impressive results, Crooks, who netted twice in his last outing, has called upon the Millers to exude confidence as they visit the Seasiders on Saturday.

“It is nice to be back in the goals and to see the team playing well,” he told www.themillers.co.uk.

“It was a performance that I'd expect from us and hopefully one that we can continue to build on.

“The lads did well on Tuesday as well so hopefully we have a bit of forward momentum now and we can get into the habit of winning games and getting three points.

“We've got a few fixtures coming up against teams at the higher end of the table so it is a confidence booster for us, knowing that we can play against teams such as Coventry. We know we're a good side and we saw them off quite comprehensively really.”

Saturday’s opponents are recently revitalised following the change in ownership and the return of Simon Grayson as the club’s manager and with the Millers backed by a following of around 2,000 as they travel to Blackpool, Crooks is relishing the test of facing one of the division’s early frontrunners.

“We're going there expecting a tough game but one that we know if we play to our highest level we can get something,” he continued.

“To be fair, I enjoy playing in front of the bigger crowds, it always gives me that bit more and I have a smile on my face walking out the tunnel when you can hear the fans.

“It is what you wanted to do when you were a kid playing, so I'll embrace it and enjoy it. I've never played at Blackpool so this will be my first time there and it is another one to tick off the list.

“We have found already this season that no matter who we come up against, each game presents a different challenge.”

The 4-4-1-1 system deployed by Millers boss Paul Warne last weekend saw Crooks operating in a role just off close friend and teammate Michael Smith, in a performance which saw the pair both net braces.

The towering midfielder concluded by adding that the opportunity to link up with Smith was akin to times of old, explaining he enjoyed the chance to work in a more advanced midfield role.

“Playing off Smudge was like last year all over again,” Crooks continued.

“It doesn’t give me license to do my own thing because I know my responsibilities in the team, but it does give me a bit more freedom to get about the pitch and get onto the ball in different areas.

“I just think it is one of those things whereby we seem to work well together on the field and I get on really well with him off it.”

Rotherham United Pre Match on 12:48 - Oct 11 with 220 viewsspell_chekker

Rotherham United Pre Match on 12:52 - Oct 11 with 219 viewsspell_chekker

Rotherham United Pre Match on 12:55 - Oct 11 with 217 viewsspell_chekker

Warne's pre-Blackpool press highlights

Warne on Blackpool...

"I think with their recruitment in the off-season, I always thought they'd do really well.

"They've signed some really good players, they've changed owners and there is a real feel-good factor. They've got their old manager back, the fans are really pleased and they've come back and it is a real positive place to be.

"Me and Rich went and watched them on Monday night in a bit of a derby against Bolton and they've got some real good threats.

"I think Feeney and Scannell are really good players who go past people. I had Feeney here training last season but I didn't offer him anything in the end.

"They are a really well-organised League One team, who are hard to break down and the Gnanduillet up top is a threat, a nuisance and a goalscorer."

Warne on Simon Grayson...

"He's doing great and the best way to say that is that they're fourth in the league and I'm not. I think he's doing a good job, he knows the league and he's back at a club he knows really well.

"He has an affinity with the fans which helps and he's a really popular figure there, it is a very good fit."

Rotherham United Pre Match on 12:59 - Oct 11 with 214 viewsspell_chekker

Rotherham United Pre Match on 13:05 - Oct 11 with 210 viewsspell_chekker

Rotherham United Pre Match on 13:06 - Oct 11 with 208 viewsspell_chekker

Rotherham United Pre Match on 14:28 - Oct 11 with 200 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Rotherham United Pre Match on 17:03 - Oct 11 with 192 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Curtis Tilt fronts the latest edition of the Blackpool programme for the visit of Rotherham United tomorrow.

The defender is one of several interviews inside, with Matty Virtue and ex-Pool right-back Shaun Barker also featuring.

You'll also find the usual notes from the manager and skipper Jay Spearing, plus a look at our visitors to Bloomfield Road.

You can pick up a copy now for £3.

https://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/news/2019/october/programme-preview-rotherham-unit

Rotherham United Pre Match on 19:37 - Oct 11 with 190 viewsROTTWEILERS

Rotherham Expected XI

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/27-y-o-returns-the-rotherham-xi-we-expect-to-f

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Rotherham United Pre Match on 15:23 - Oct 12 with 158 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' preferred line up for today's game according to gazette poll.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024