Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MacDonald, Husband, and the Left Hand Side 19:13 - Jan 5 with 70 viewsspell_chekker

Based on the little I've seen.

When playing a back 4 with the team set up 4-3-3 (4-5-3) neither Husband nor MacDonald has been convincing. The midfield and strikers tend over to the right and leave the left full back isolated.

When the team has been set up with 3 at the back, Husband on the left hand side of the 3 defenders with MacDonald in front of him - it's worked better and the whole team has benefited.

MacDonald - Playing against Reading was the first time I've seen him as a conventional left back (part of a back 4). Perhaps he played that role against Carlisle away in the Sherpa Van and wasn't seen again for a fair few weeks. He's decent and a prospect but he's not tough enough to hold down the left on his own.

Husband - I think he's our toughest cookie and can be a nasty piece of work to boot. Not the kind of guy I'd want to meet down a back alley at night. As a conventional back 4 left back nobody will try too much to attack him, he'll defensively hold down the left hand side as well as any full back. BUT in our current back 4 formation, he's all alone down that side.

Can he go forward?

He's been showing more signs, albeit fleetingly, to this side to his game.

As we've seen a back 3, with Husband / MacDonald on the left, work well, I'd be tempted to invest in a couple decent left hand sided midfielders / attackers (a sort of David Eyres in front of Husband) and I reckon Husband could be a real gem.

He's not getting forward enough now because, quite rightly and intelligently, he has to prioritise his defensive duties. Give him decent colleagues to work with on the left and he can be a top championship player and beyond IMO.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 19:18]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024