Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson 11:57 - Feb 26 with 174 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 11:59 - Feb 26 with 171 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Tiger: "We Are Building For the Future"

Chairman releases statement

Oxford United can confirm that they have politely declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Head Coach Karl Robinson.

Chairman Sumrith 'Tiger' Thanakarnjanasuth told us

“When a club is doing well there will always be interest in the Manager as well as players; that is inevitable and we thank Blackpool for going through the right procedure. Everything has been done properly and we wish them well in their search for a new Manager.

“Karl is a central part of what we are building and I hope will be here for many years to come.

“To set the record straight, we spoke to Blackpool yesterday before the game but I didn’t want to disturb Karl’s pre-match routine. It was unfortunate that rumours started coming out just before kick off, but I rang immediately after the game although Karl was very busy as usual at that time, and by that stage it was 5am in Bangkok and even I need a little sleep sometimes!

“We talked this morning, and we talked a lot about last night’s game, an important win, and then about our plans for the rest of the season.

"The team is playing so well right now and we are chasing down the teams above us. It is going to be such an exciting finish and we look forward to facing the challenge together.”

https://www.oufc.co.uk/news/2020/february/tiger-oxford-blackpool/

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 13:12 - Feb 26 with 166 viewsspell_chekker

Oxford have refused our request.

Does our interest in Robinson end there?

What happens next?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 15:54 - Feb 26 with 154 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

As he's under contract at Oxford officially it should end there, but this being Football who knows.

I do know that if the situation was in reverse the local twittersphere would have gone into meltdown and all hell would have broken out last night.

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 15:57 - Feb 26 with 152 viewsLala

Suppose that depends on many factors. His interest, our offer, and what Oxford offer to keep him.

Whatever happens we are showing intent and that’s promising 👍

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 16:53 - Feb 26 with 144 viewsspell_chekker

I think we're going to hear from Robinson before the weekend.

I don't know which way it'll go but we'll hear definitively very soon.

Oxford refuse permission and so we quietly go elsewhere. Things don't work like that in football.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 16:58 - Feb 26 with 143 viewsspell_chekker

Oxford's promotion is far from guaranteed. They'll be hoping for the play offs and that's a lottery.

If they do happen go up, if they're already flogging their best players, they'll come straight down again.

We know that Robinson was frustrated with investment a Charlton and is in the same position at Oxford. Therefore, we're bound to be giving him ambitious signals. Otherwise there's no point.

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 19:39 - Feb 26 with 123 viewsROTTWEILERS

Sounds like we timed the approach poorly

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 20:18 - Feb 26 with 119 viewsspell_chekker

My instinct is telling me that Robinson is going to turn us down.

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 20:33 - Feb 26 with 117 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Noticed that the Oxford website referred to Robinson as Head Coach. Looking at the people now being linked with the vacancy, it seems to be the route we're going for now.

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 21:18 - Feb 26 with 113 viewsjanegallagher

My instinct is telling me he’s interested but whether we can get him released from
His contract (or willing to pay) is a different matter.

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 07:35 - Feb 27 with 98 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Oxford United's players not worried by Karl Robinson speculation, says James Henry

IT WILL be business as usual for Oxford United's players amid the speculation over Karl Robinson's future, according to James Henry.

The U's rejected an approach from Blackpool on Tuesday as they sought to interview him for their vacancy.

Yesterday United chairman Sumrith Thanakarnjanasuth released a statement in a bid to draw a line under the matter.

Robinson's response will come at today’s routine pre-match press conference, but such situations can have an unsettling effect on the playing staff.

That would be a blow to a side who have fought their way back into contention after three straight wins, but Henry is relaxed about the situation.

He said: “It’s not even been mentioned around the training ground.

“It’s got nothing to do with any of us as players.

Also read: Oxford United's Liam Kelly shaping up in personal pre-season

“The gaffer has been excellent, especially in the last couple of weeks where he’s really drilled it into us what we’ve got to do.

“He’s given us confidence to play the way Oxford want.

“We just need to keep it going and push on from here.”

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/sport/18263984.oxford-uniteds-players-not-worried-k

Oxford United declined a request from Blackpool FC to speak to Karl Robinson on 08:01 - Feb 27 with 93 viewsspell_chekker

We'll wait today's press conference.

I don't think he's coming.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024