August"> August">
Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nathan Delfouneso 18:32 - Aug 6 with 356 viewsspell_chekker

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Nathan Delfouneso on 18:33 - Aug 6 with 354 viewsspell_chekker

I won't argue but I'm surprised about this.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Nathan Delfouneso on 18:36 - Aug 6 with 351 viewsspell_chekker

Ha!! I didn't know he was a spekky tw*t, like me, or whatever the Viz character was called.

Nathan Delfouneso on 18:38 - Aug 6 with 350 viewsspell_chekker

Nathan Delfouneso on 18:41 - Aug 6 with 349 viewsspell_chekker

Nathan Delfouneso on 18:44 - Aug 6 with 348 viewsspell_chekker

Evatt's made a good signing for L2 there.

It should work out for everyone concerned.

Nathan Delfouneso on 18:49 - Aug 6 with 344 viewsspell_chekker

Bolton snap up ex-Blackpool and Aston Villa star Nathan Delfouneso

WANDERERS have snapped up Blackpool striker Nathan Delfouneso on a two-year deal.

The 29-year-old, who made nearly 300 appearances for the Seasiders, becomes the 13th new signing of the summer for head coach Ian Evatt.

Delfouneso has scored goals in all four divisions and is looking forward to starting a fresh chapter alongside fellow new boy Eoin Doyle in a potent Wanderers attack.

โ€œIโ€™m delighted to sign for a club of this magnitude and size, with the history it has got,โ€ he said.

โ€œIt is great to be here and I am looking forward to the challenge ahead.

โ€œThe things that have been said to me by the staff here and the faith they have put in me was a big factor in me coming here.โ€

โ€œHearing the ambition the club has and what they want to achieve going forward is exciting.

โ€œItโ€™s almost like a reset button has been pressed and I can only see the club going in one direction.โ€

Evatt โ€” who has also signed experienced keeper/coach Matt Gilks and ex-Coventry City full-back Jak Hardman today โ€” has been looking to bolster his front line and believes he may have found an exciting mix between Delfouneso and Doyle.

โ€œWe are absolutely delighted to welcome Nathan to the football club,โ€ he said.

โ€œNathan has a great pedigree and it a top, top player at this level.

โ€œHe brings pace and quality to the side and we are excited to see what he and Eoin (Doyle) can do as a forward partnership.โ€

Nathan Delfouneso on 19:50 - Aug 6 with 333 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Sorry to see him go. Wish him all the best, even if it's at Bolton.

รขโ‚ฌหœWhere there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despairรขโ‚ฌโ„ข

Nathan Delfouneso on 13:54 - Aug 7 with 305 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Why Blackpool took the surprise decision to allow club stalwart Nathan Delfouneso join Bolton Wanderers

Nathan Delfouneso leaves Blackpool with a heavy heart but his switch to Bolton Wanderers was right for all three parties involved.

That's according to Blackpool's chief executive Ben Mansford, commenting after the club stalwart agreed to terminate his contract to sign a two-year deal with Ian Evatt's men.

Delfouneso made 240 appearances for Blackpool over four separate spells, scoring 39 goals in total.

Mansford admits it wasn't an easy decision to let the club's longest-serving player leave, but believes it is the right outcome for both parties.

โ€œDel has been an absolute pleasure to have around the football club and heโ€™s been that way since he joined, initially on loan in 2012," he said.

โ€œThe opportunity came along and I think it was right for all three parties. Del has one year left on his contract and heโ€™s signed a longer term contract there.

โ€œHeโ€™s been brilliant on the pitch and heโ€™s also been a real credit to himself off the pitch. Heโ€™s been a bit of a hero in the community as well.

โ€œI appreciate the situation and the status he has with the fans but I think it was just the right situation for everyone involved at the time."

Four of Blackpool's six summer signings have come in the forward department in the form of Keshi Anderson, CJ Hamilton, Oliver Sarkic and Jerry Yates.

Mansford admits that would have pushed Delfouneso down the pecking order at Bloomfield Road.

โ€œWeโ€™ve strengthened at the top end of the pitch, so when this situation arose Neil (Critchley) and Nathan had some footballing conversations," he said.

โ€œItโ€™s an opportunity for Nathan to go to a club that is local, that will have aspirations to be towards the top of their league and it just felt it was the right move.

โ€œIโ€™m glad itโ€™s all been conducted privately and Nathan has had his time to explore it and he now goes with our best wishes because heโ€™s been a fantastic servant to this football club."

Delfouneso's departure came as a surprise to many, but Mansford says the situation was handed amicably by all those involved.

โ€œItโ€™s just about how you communicate with people," he added.

"Del is a good professional, heโ€™s very comfortable communicating with people from the top to the bottom of the club and Neil is the same.

โ€œNeil is a consummate professional who acts with the utmost integrity and honesty and weโ€™ve all had grown-up, professional conversations.

โ€œI wish Del all the best.โ€

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/why-blackpool-too

รขโ‚ฌหœWhere there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despairรขโ‚ฌโ„ข

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024