Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Valuing the club 14:46 - Nov 12 with 454 viewswe_are_Superior

Come on then, give it your best shot - the club - lock, stock and barrel - how much?

Poll: Would Richie Kyle make a good manager?

Valuing the club on 14:50 - Nov 12 with 445 viewsWest_Stand_Ultra

Players £0
Ground £10,000,000
Training Ground -£7,000,000 its a liability due to not being developed.
Money owed to Uncle Val -£8,000,000
So on that assumption Oyston would have to pay someone to take it over.

Valuing the club on 15:25 - Nov 12 with 416 viewsFountain

Very difficult to say but I would suspect a figure of £22-24m would be there or thereabouts. Of course if they do buy Airport land and get PP for a new training complex (not building it) then the figure goes up by the value of the land + the extra value added to the whole site (2+2 does equal 5 in this case) + £1m as it would be 'ready to go' with any new owner not having to source land and basically start from scratch. Perhaps as much as £3m could be added to the price.

Now if VB does pursue the £20+m and looked like winning a sizable amount over and above the £8m he is owed, the value changes again. Would the O's want to pay VB say £15m and where would they get that money back from given there will be little football income next year? Or would they swap the debt for the Club?

slap me on the patio

Valuing the club on 15:54 - Nov 12 with 405 viewsOdinsRaven

You're forgetting the hotel and Travelodge as the club owns both assets. Can't see Sam wanting to keep the hotel going on its own and it will die a death anyway when we drop to league 1

Valuing the club on 16:02 - Nov 12 with 399 viewsHarryHorse

What is being classified as "the club" here ? Are you including Segesta ?

Valuing the club on 16:09 - Nov 12 with 397 viewsOdinsRaven

Well it has to be Segasta as the club doesn't actually own anything other than the name and registration...

Valuing the club on 16:45 - Nov 12 with 366 viewsFountain

Would any new owner buy the Travelodge? I don't think I would- certainly not for £6.5m.

I did include the 2 hotel's in my calculation btw.

slap me on the patio

Valuing the club on 16:49 - Nov 12 with 363 viewsHarryHorse

I kind of thought that was the gist Odin . Its pretty much impossible to quantify as the last accounts available are quite old (when the club did have net assets of £25m) . Might be worth revisiting when the next set of accounts come out and that asset value has perhaps fallen .

There is also the question of goodwill to consider - what is the Blackpool FC name worth , its place in the league etc ? I'd suggest a hell of a lot less than it was
[Post edited 12 Nov 2014 16:49]

Valuing the club on 17:03 - Nov 12 with 354 viewsFountain

The value of the assets won't have altered unless there are additions such as Quermore Hall and the like and the playing side is worthless.

That said next year it will have little income with it being just about enough to have the playing side function. NHS are leaving so the rumour has it, so potentially the ground and the other assets are just a white elephant with oyscum not able to cream off profits as he has been doing for years (just bigger number now compared to back in the day) because there won't be any.

All points to it being pointless remaining, particularly when they may have to pay VB a huge sum. It makes sense when you think about it

slap me on the patio

Valuing the club on 17:16 - Nov 12 with 340 viewsstraightatthewall

I suspect that the 'club' that is sold is a world away from the 'club' as we currently know it.

We got Bogdanovic, Oyston got very rich

Valuing the club on 08:30 - Nov 13 with 272 viewsBertandErnie

The O's have made their money, the Cashcow is on it's last legs and ready for the knackers yard, I can see them getting rid pretty soon.

Valuing the club on 09:20 - Nov 19 with 240 viewswespens

Whatever the valuation, you can guarantee they'd use Oyston Estate agents who'd take a nice fee!!

Poll: Would you ever play John Lundstram again?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024