Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Terry McPhillips 07:45 - Mar 20 with 171 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/terry-mcphillips-

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Terry McPhillips on 07:54 - Mar 20 with 164 viewskophero

Seems fair enough.

Lots of the criticism is OTT for me. I don't see how some of our fans are suddenly experts on personnel and tactics for a team they haven't watched for four years.

Terry McPhillips on 08:42 - Mar 20 with 158 viewsspell_chekker

For some reason the Gazette site blocks me so I can't read the article.

I'm on the fence about TMcP. I can see that he's had to work on a shoestring and a top half of the table position is probably a miracle and we're in a false position. It's difficult to judge him.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Terry McPhillips on 09:38 - Mar 20 with 156 viewsROTTWEILERS

I've been to every single home game and have my reservations about McPhilips.

The problems we are seeing now have been bubbling away for a while. Anyone with half a brain could see we were pushing our luck with this "watertight defence" myth. My criticisms generally being character flaws in Terry - which when you are managing players and are having to command respect, is enough by the way. He is stubborn, is not critically reflective and deep down, there's an insecurity present.

It might appear petty me frequently pointing out the rotting seagull carcass didn't exist but it does highlight my concerns. If he'd presented it as an allegory, that would've made sense but let's be honest - it was him trying to curry favour with returning fans - and the players will be live to that lack of candour. All of which is a shame to be typing, my frustrations coming as I can see we do have a decent manager in place, we absolutely have the component parts to mount a promotion push and these problems are easily surmountable.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Terry McPhillips on 12:29 - Mar 20 with 149 viewsspell_chekker

From afar I'll say this -

- He plays what he thinks to be his best 11 players even though some might be out of position.

- He's conservative in his approach. Keeping it tight and lacking in both width and creativity.

The thing is, the recent results are what was expected at the start of the season. Our league position is rather unexpected.

Considering the state of the pitch, training facilities, the squad at his disposal, and I assume the budget at his disposal, it could be said that he's been justified in his policies and has made the best of a bad do.

Personally, I'm not convinced by him and wouldn't be surprised if new owners thought the same.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Terry McPhillips on 09:41 - Mar 22 with 140 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Terry McPhillips has revealed positive talks have already taken place with Blackpool’s new board about putting plans in place for next season.

It is almost a month since Ben Hatton, Michael Bolingbroke, Ian Currie and Tim Fielding took the reins at Bloomfield Road.

While their initial job was to get the club back on a stable footing for the post-Oyston era, manager McPhillips says discussions have now been held on new contracts, recruitment and improvements to the Bloomfield Road pitch.

The Pool boss said: “We’ve had a couple of meetings. The board are very busy but I must say they have been very good.

“Everything we’ve asked for they’ve given us, even though we don’t ask for a lot. They’ve got their hands full getting everything into place. The pitch does need sorting out for next season, so we need to get things in place now.

“We’re coming up to the end of the season and we need to think about who’s coming, who’s staying and what new players are coming in from the outside.

“We’ve presented to them what we’ve got, who’s out of contract, who we want to keep and stuff like that. There will be another meeting to rubberstamp what does actually happen.

“I don’t think it can be left until July because all of the best players will have gone by then.
“So we’ve got a list of targets, like you always have. Not that they’re going to cost millions of pounds — they’re realistic targets. Hopefully we can get some of those over the line.”

Myles Boney, Donervon Daniels, Jimmy Ryan, Nathan Delfouneso and Chris Long are all out of contract this summer.

Several other players’ deals end after this season and the club has the option to extend them by a further 12 months.

The board are also busy looking to make improvements off the field, which McPhillips knows is hugely significant.

“The communication is brilliant, very professional,” he added. “They’ve helped us, so we’ll try our best to help them and give them as much information as we can.

“They want to do better and they want to make improvements, get the pitch and ground up to scratch and hopefully do something with Squires Gate (the training ground) as well.
“If all that happens it will be a better place to come to and I think people will want to come here.

“Players will want to come here and players we want to retain who are out of contract might want to stay. It’s not rocket science.

“I’ve spoken to one or two who are out of contract about staying.

“I’ve said before, I think lots of people love Blackpool Football Club for their own reasons. It’s not because of Squires Gate or the Bloomfield Road pitch — it’s just got something unique.

“Now the fans are back it’s an exciting place to be.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/terry-mcphilliips

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Terry McPhillips on 11:00 - Mar 22 with 131 viewskophero

I have reservations too. But I don't think he is currently getting proper credit for the job he has done. Some of the comments are really knee jerk stuff written with no first hand knowledge of the team. Just feel that is unfair and a bit of a shame.

Terry McPhillips on 11:10 - Mar 22 with 127 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I'd say he's safe until we get new owners, can't see the interim board needing the added hassle or cost of replacing and recruiting.

Terry McPhillips on 17:07 - Mar 22 with 114 viewsspell_chekker

The interim board won't be sacking anyone, I'm sure about that.

Whatever the right or wrong of it, I'd say he'll be a gonner under new owners.

Just marking time now.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024