Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players Contract Update 06:29 - Jun 4 with 137 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Terry McPhillips says he's hopeful out-of-contract duo Jimmy Ryan and Nathan Shaw will put pen to paper on new deals.

Both players were offered new contracts following the end of the campaign but have yet failed to agree on new terms as they continue to mull over their options.

Shaw was one of four players from the club's youth team to be offered professional terms but, while the other three put pen to paper straight away, the midfielder has yet to make his mind up.

Ryan, meanwhile, has been offered a new contract but - unlike Nathan Delfouneso - has yet to put pen to paper and commit his future to the club.

“Fingers crossed that can be done," McPhillips told The Gazette.

“The club has made offers to them and Nathan as well, and he’s just signed his new deal.

“Hopefully Nathan and Jimmy can get done as well.”

While Ryan has yet to commit his future to the club, he previously said he’d love nothing more than to line up in tangerine once again next season.

“I would love to stay here,” he said last month.

“I feel like I’ve got a lot to offer the team when I’m back fit and with a good pre-season under my belt I will be the same player I was.”

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/blackpool-boss-pr

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Players Contract Update on 13:07 - Jun 14 with 118 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Nathan Shaw has put pen to paper on his first professional contract with Blackpool.

The 18-year-old has agreed an initial two-year deal with the club holding the option to extend by a further 12 months.

The winger featured on the first-team bench several times last season and was also named Blackpool’s Youth Team Player of the Year.

He hit double figures for goals and assists with the Under 18s in 2018/19 and is now determined to take his opportunity at senior level.

“I’m delighted to get the deal done and I’m just hoping I can get some game time for the team now,” Shaw said.

“It’s been a really good experience being part of the squads and I’ve learnt a lot. Hopefully that will stand me in good stead for the new season.”

Shaw joins Sean Graham, Emil Jaaskelainen and Owen Watkinson in signing professional terms.

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/nathan-shaw-pledg

Good luck to him.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Players Contract Update on 20:05 - Jun 14 with 111 viewsROTTWEILERS

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Players Contract Update on 20:08 - Jun 14 with 105 viewsjanegallagher

Thought it may have been Joe Riley

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Players Contract Update on 20:22 - Jun 14 with 99 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Big tall centre half. Wish him all the best while he's here.

Players Contract Update on 20:27 - Jun 14 with 96 viewsspell_chekker

Plymouth fans not unhappy to see him go??

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Players Contract Update on 20:43 - Jun 14 with 90 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Another Scouser, subtitles available,

[Post edited 14 Jun 2019 20:46]

Players Contract Update on 13:57 - Jun 15 with 81 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Defender Ryan Edwards has become Blackpool’s second summer signing and the first of the Simon Sadler era.

The 25-year-old joins on a free transfer after turning down a new deal at Plymouth Argyle, where he has spent the last two seasons.

The centre back has agreed a two-year deal with the Seasiders.

Edwards made 38 appearances for Plymouth last term and has previously spent time on loan with Fleetwood Town, while Morecambe and Rochdale are also among his former clubs.

The Liverpudlian knows manager Terry McPhillips well having played under him during his time in Blackburn Rovers’ youth system.

The 6ft 5ins defender is described as a commanding centre half who is also capable of chipping in with goals, having found the back of the net on five occasions last season.

It’s understood Blackpool beat the likes of Bristol Rovers and Tranmere Rovers to his signature.

Edwards, who made a successful recovery from cancer last year, joins Adi Yussuf in signing for the Seasiders this summer, the striker making the move to Bloomfield Road from Solihull Moors.

Players contracted for next season: Nick Anderton, Marc Bola, Myles Boney, Yusifu Ceesay, Nathan Delfouneso, Ryan Edwards,Liam Feeney, Armand Gnanduillet, Callum Guy, Mark Howard, Christoffer Mafoumbi, Michael Nottingham, Harry Pritchard, Rowan Roache, Jay Spearing, Jordan Thompson, Curtis Tilt, Ollie Turton, Matty Virtue, Adi Yussuf

Contract offered to: Jimmy Ryan

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/ryan-edwards-beco

Players Contract Update on 22:46 - Jun 17 with 65 viewsspell_chekker

I stand to be corrected if there's a positional mistake or otherwise but as far as I can tell, this is where we're up to

Current Squad -

Goalkeepers: Howard, Mafoumbi, Boney, Sims

Right Backs: Nottingham, Turton

Left Backs: Anderton, Bola

Centre Halves: Tilt, Edwards

Central Midfield: Spearing, Ryan, Guy, Roache, Thompson, Virtue, Dewitt

Right Wing: Shaw, Feeney

Left Wing: Graham, Pritchard, Ceesay

Centre Forward: Gnanduillet, Delfouneso, Jaaskelainen, Watkinson, Yussuf

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024