Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could you follow Preston for a season? 14:42 - Jul 5 with 376 viewsBlackpoolJane

I’ve just read a book by a Hibs fan who went to watch Hearts for a season. It’s a fascinating experiment and an interesting read. Could you follow Preston for a season...?

https://janestuart.co.uk/2020/07/03/football-book-review-5-heartfelt-by-aidan-sm

Could you follow Preston for a season? on 15:00 - Jul 5 with 366 viewsROTTWEILERS

No.

Go Out. See People. Live Your Lives.
Poll: Player of the Season vote

Could you follow Preston for a season? on 15:35 - Jul 5 with 360 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

It's a bizarre question, in many ways.

I don't get this "watching someone else as a substitute" concept at all. I thought the idea was to be emotionally involved, not just having an excuse to get out of the house.

Mind you, it worked well for Nick Hornby. He made a lot of money out of being anally retentive first, and a football supporter second.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Could you follow Preston for a season? on 17:12 - Jul 5 with 352 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

I fully endorse the previous two posts.

I've watched games not involving Blackpool over the years (including quite a few in Scotland), but that was really just to watch a game. (it's a totally different experience to watching the team you support).

The idea of of supporting another team for a season totally baffles me.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Could you follow Preston for a season? on 18:51 - Jul 5 with 343 viewsspudgun

In the past I have had access to free tickets for other teams, occasional Man Utd ones and unlimited Bolton Wanderers tickets (when in the Prem) and PNE, but rarely went to watch a game.

Once in a while it is nice to watch one that you are disinterested in, but I don`t think I would do it on a regular basis just to watch football. You do need that emotional attachment, otherwise it is often rather dull unless you are in good company.

Happy to be (mostly) a non league football watcher now...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024