Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NEW BLOG: Liverpool v Blackpool - The Pubs of Liverpool 17:24 - Sep 6 with 376 viewsBlackpoolJane

I've shifted the focus in my latest blog to the fine pubbage of Liverpool, although the match is mentioned...

https://janestuart.co.uk/2020/09/06/liverpool-v-blackpool-pub-crawl-yeah/

NEW BLOG: Liverpool v Blackpool - The Pubs of Liverpool on 20:21 - Sep 6 with 367 viewsspell_chekker

I must admit, I've never had all that much to do with Liverpool.

Despite its location, it's never been easy to get to from Blackpool. Always a round the houses job.

I stayed there for a few days and weeks here and there when friends were either at the Uni or thought it cool to live in Toxteth.

As for the match, I just want to forget the abject humiliation of a 7-2 defeat. I'm not hanging on to a "good first half followed by subs", I feel humiliated and I won't talk to anyone about football for a few days for fear of them asking how my team did at the weekend.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

NEW BLOG: Liverpool v Blackpool - The Pubs of Liverpool on 20:50 - Sep 6 with 358 viewsBlackpoolJane

Yes it was always easy to get to Liverpool from Birmingham - and cheap trains too (£7).

I’m not too disheartened because it’s not as if we were playing Barnet (or even Birmingham). Liverpool are truly magnificent and we did ourselves proud. In retrospect I wonder if Critch regrets making those half time subs - especially the keeper. That must have been hard on the young lad.

NEW BLOG: Liverpool v Blackpool - The Pubs of Liverpool on 21:00 - Sep 6 with 356 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Not been in years, but i'd add The Swan (near the train station iirc), and for all Red Dwarf fans the Aigburth Arms.

As for the match, well we got slapped by a team that's won the lot over the last 18 months, we got a reality check. No points lost, not knocked out of a cup, real test starts on Saturday.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

NEW BLOG: Liverpool v Blackpool - The Pubs of Liverpool on 21:03 - Sep 6 with 354 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Not the keepers fault, nothing he could do when the 10 players in front of you just camp out on the 18 yard line and stand about like statues.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

NEW BLOG: Liverpool v Blackpool - The Pubs of Liverpool on 21:23 - Sep 6 with 350 viewsspell_chekker

Yes, Sims was hung out to dry.

He's not that big for a keeper though, is he?

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024