Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Real Bigger Picture Thread 20:01 - Oct 11 with 177 viewsspell_chekker

Firstly, this is only wild speculation on my part, but I believe there is a whispering campaign to undermine Sadler, Critchley, and everything to do with the new regime at BFC.

Many big ego, big mouthed, fans were put out when Pilley didn't get ownership of our club.

These guys don't forgive and forget. I reckon they've been lying in wait and I wonder if they haven't secured some sort of means to erode little by little anything that Sadler does.

They won't rest until their Pilley is is king.

On the pitch there's a lot to be said and therefore I'll keep my powder dry on many issues by keeping it it to a minimum.

The midfield three.

As things stand, Critchley is playing with 1 defensive mid (Robson) and 2 attacking mids (Anderson and Ward).

He has chosen, and is expecting, both of the 2 attacking mids because of their pace. Critchley values pace all over the pitch in front of everything.

However, neither Anderson nor Ward have ever made the least attempt to get beyond the opposition's defence.

Therefore, to make our front, attacking 3, in to a more potent force. Would it be a good idea to put 2 "passing" players in to the 2 attacking mid positions behind them?

Kaikai and Sarkic would be ideal for these roles. they have less pace but a bit more guile and an eye for a pass to put the front 3 strikers in and create opportunities.

What we have been missing is a killer pass in the last third, no? The 'thing' to open up a defence. Isn't that what everyone has seen? That's what we need?
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 20:03]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Real Bigger Picture Thread on 20:15 - Oct 11 with 163 viewsspell_chekker

One thing that I forgot to put in the O/P was that the person who thought it was a good idea to bring the Ipswich match forward is not someone who is worth listneing to.

On news of this match being brought forward, I thought that it was originally a midweek match and therefore its re-scheduling would alleviate an overworked fixture list.

No, no, no, the original match was to normally be held on a Saturday and therfeore , we'll still have to 'skip' a week at some point in the future.

A free weekend was needed now, not in November. Any idiot could see that.

Ridiculous decision.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

The Real Bigger Picture Thread on 22:55 - Oct 11 with 157 viewsspell_chekker

Again.

Ward and Anderson should be challenging for places in the front three. They aren't really advance mids or the kind of cunning guys you need playing just behind the main striker.

THEREFORE:-

Front 3 with the pace desired by Critchley.

Allied to that, if we're going to play 2 advanced mids behind them, we need 'passers' to open up the opposition / play the final ball.

Kaikai and Sarkic when fit.

Or move Robson up.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 23:01]

The Real Bigger Picture Thread on 23:14 - Oct 11 with 141 viewsspell_chekker

A final, and perhaps the most important, point.

I was very disappointed that Critchley abandoned his principles and went with Madine up front.

It was that which upset me more than anything else.

OK, Madine scored but really ... He can't even run as fast as my long dead grandmother.

Bad stuff.

The Real Bigger Picture Thread on 23:39 - Oct 11 with 141 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Think the overreaction on Social Media is down to really unjustifiable expectations, frustration at not being able to go to a match, the usual pub bores no one listens to, WUMs, the odd agenda driven saddo and one or two still stuck in protest mode.

Yesterday of the starting XI only 3 were here last season and only Turton was here 12 months ago playing left CH!!!

The turnaround is massive and will probably take all season and another two transfer windows to bed down properly.

Saying that, it shouldn't stop criticism of performances like Saturday, which was poor against a decent Ipswich team.

Next week we could have a back four of Gabriel, Ballard, Grétarsson and Mitchell against Crewe. Think they'll need to go on a "getting to know your work colleagues" course first.

Been saying for awhile, not enough goals in the team/squad, converting possession into getting the first goal would help take pressure off the back four and open up our forwards to counter attack.

Any idea that NC is going to get the boot is madness, Simon Sadler has invested way too much time and money in this project.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024