Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Football Tourist's Guide - HULL (New Video) 10:38 - Oct 2 with 646 viewsSeaside_Lee

For those of you that enjoy watching these videos, the Hull one is now up on YouTube. It's well worth a stay over next time we play them if you fancy making a weekend trip of it. I had no idea that Hull was anything like it is and I think you will be surprised too if you have never been. We had a great time, 'The Deep' in Hull is incredible an absolute must visit, best breakfast ever? that has to be Nibbles

To see what it was like here is our video

The Football Tourist's Guide - HULL (New Video) on 21:16 - Oct 2 with 632 viewsspell_chekker

I love this cultural stuff that accompanies the match.

I went to Hull on Dave Beattie's coach in the 80s to watch us at Boothferry Park.

We lost.

We crapped it.

Things were different and it's weird to see that the city's become hip and has attracted money. In its transformation it's an east coast equivalent to Liverpool in some ways.

One gaping omission and for me, one the things that sets Hull apart has been missed. Not on your part but from the tourist office ...... one of the best bands of all time - Ziggy Stardust's "SPIDERS FROM MARS" featuring the incomparable Mick Ronson on guitar - come from Hull.

As Spudgun once said - "Hull's finest".
[Post edited 2 Oct 2021 21:18]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

The Football Tourist's Guide - HULL (New Video) on 11:25 - Oct 4 with 609 viewsSeaside_Lee

Thanks spell glad you enjoy watching them. I had no idea about Mick Ronson from Ziggy Stardust?

It's unusual that there is no mention as they seem to be very proud of their successful sons/daughters there was quite a few plaques and tributes around which you can read about in Jane's Blog as she was really taken by the way the remember these people

The Football Tourist's Guide - HULL (New Video) on 21:48 - Oct 5 with 603 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Why are phone boxes in Hull cream?

Hull's telephone network was never run by the Post Office which was responsible for red phone boxes.

In 1904, Hull City Council was one of several local authorities to set up their own phone network.

Back then it was called Hull Telephone Department and today it is KCOM. It had cream phone boxes.

Other authorities later gave up control of their networks to the Post Office which wanted to create a single national service.

While the Post Office network was eventually taken over by BT, Hull's remained independent.

All of the communications in the city were run by the city council until it sold its final stake in 2007 and so all of the phone boxes are cream, not the red that BT uses.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42823814

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024