Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mackie and Simpson 21:11 - Mar 16 with 12128 viewskysersosaqpr

Watching Mackie play for Reading. Why the f ck have we sold the likes of him and Simpson - and don't say they are less talented than the other tw ts we currently play. Both of them on the right giving 100% like they always did - what a difference players who try like them would make...?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Mackie and Simpson on 21:13 - Mar 16 with 7234 viewsHollowayRanger

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Mackie and Simpson on 21:15 - Mar 16 with 7219 viewsloftboy

Would have him back lie a shot, just scored a typical Mackie goal.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mackie and Simpson on 21:26 - Mar 16 with 7156 viewsQPR1882

Not the most talented player but would run through a brick wall for the team, apart from Charlies work load not a single player in the current team gets close to him
Mackie and Simpson on 21:33 - Mar 16 with 7124 viewseccles

Mackie just wasn't good enough in the top league.
What he did give us though, was 100% effort in every game. We all appreciated that.
I'd def have him back next season if we are in the same division.

We all had our day at Wembley last season, now Mackie's got his chance.
Good luck to him. Hope he does a "Bobby"
Mackie and Simpson on 21:37 - Mar 16 with 7098 viewsPunteR

I heard he played well last week against Brighton scoring 2 goals, my mate,who went to the game said he never stopped running.
Gutted we sold him.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie and Simpson on 21:45 - Mar 16 with 7043 viewsClive_Anderson

Mackie or SWP on the wing? Hard one that.
Mackie and Simpson on 21:47 - Mar 16 with 7023 viewsTacticalR

Mackie. It looks like it has taken him a long, long time to get back to some sort of form.

I saw him play for Forest a couple of years ago and he looked very out of sorts:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/90790/mackie-watch

Simpson we could have done with against Palace.

Air hostess clique

Mackie and Simpson on 21:48 - Mar 16 with 7024 viewsShotKneesHoop

Mackie was not one of 'Arry's mates, no brown envelopes involved, so an obvious candidate to be shown the door. last year by Rednobb.

I see Pinocchio said today he has had a "massage" on his knees so he no longer needs an op.

He "Would like to return to football"

Grumble and Grunt of a bloke.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Login to get fewer ads

Mackie and Simpson on 21:50 - Mar 16 with 7009 viewsShotKneesHoop

Mackie and Simpson on 21:33 - Mar 16 by eccles

What he did give us though, was 100% effort in every game. We all appreciated that.

If he wasn't good enough for the top league, what about the other 20 odd lazy sods that 'Arry had in his side last year?

Where do they rate? Most of them wouldn't get in the Fake Hoops team this year, that's how bad it's got.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Mackie and Simpson on 21:53 - Mar 16 with 6985 viewskropotkin41

I love the whole he wasn't good enough for the top league thing............ what is that supposed to mean with the steaming sh*t we've been served up over the last few seasons?

If Warnock's promotion team had been kept together as much as possible, we may well have been relegated but dare I say we'd have had some f*cking pride left - like Burnley and Leicester - and we'd have saved a huge mountain of money.

Yeah, well we've seen such a procession of "class players" since we got too good for the likes of Jamie Mackie haven't we?

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mackie and Simpson on 22:06 - Mar 16 with 6909 viewsLblock

So pleased for Mackie getting to Wemberlee

Not good enough for the top level?
If by that we mean the bottom 8 of the Prem then I'm that is horseshite; he's easily good enough with his only weakness being crossing.... but then he wants to be a striker.
Mackie will chip in with 6 goals at any level, will create maybe 10 for other around him and there's no finer example of defending from the front than his hard work and endeavour. Okay he'll never beat 3 men on a mazy run or look that silky but he's a mare for many to play against and I'd carry him back here down the M4 no matter what level we were playing at.

Candle Face wanted him out so he could lash money on the Sandbanks flood defences via a friendly player and their set up (allegedly). The sale of JM with the bull trotted out that "he wanted 1st team football" is just another in the HR catalogue of lies which i believe is now into it's third volume. He was sold so the crook could spend more on more blood

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Mackie and Simpson on 22:10 - Mar 16 with 6899 viewsLowerloftLad

Suggested re buying both of these players on a fourm yeastersday they will be great players to have insure we don't slide down again to league one

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Mackie and Simpson on 22:17 - Mar 16 with 6857 viewsgobbles

Mackie and Simpson on 21:53 - Mar 16 by kropotkin41

I love the whole he wasn't good enough for the top league thing............ what is that supposed to mean with the steaming sh*t we've been served up over the last few seasons?

If Warnock's promotion team had been kept together as much as possible, we may well have been relegated but dare I say we'd have had some f*cking pride left - like Burnley and Leicester - and we'd have saved a huge mountain of money.

Yeah, well we've seen such a procession of "class players" since we got too good for the likes of Jamie Mackie haven't we?

It was Warnock who broke up his own team. Signed SWP, Luke Young, Barton, Traore, Anton Ferdinand etc to mega long-term deals, sent Clint Hill out on loan. It was also Warnock who spent his last 2 months in every interview saying "I know what's wrong and will fix it in January", effectively telling all the players who had't just come in that they were getting replaced.... and they wondered why it was a divided dressing room.
Mackie and Simpson on 22:26 - Mar 16 with 6825 viewsPunteR

Mackie and Simpson on 22:17 - Mar 16 by gobbles

It was Warnock who broke up his own team. Signed SWP, Luke Young, Barton, Traore, Anton Ferdinand etc to mega long-term deals, sent Clint Hill out on loan. It was also Warnock who spent his last 2 months in every interview saying "I know what's wrong and will fix it in January", effectively telling all the players who had't just come in that they were getting replaced.... and they wondered why it was a divided dressing room.

Warnock didn't get the players he wanted in the summer as the club was being sold so had to do a mad supermarket sweep on players last week of the window.
He should have had more faith in the promoted team though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Mackie and Simpson on 00:04 - Mar 17 with 6698 viewseccles

Mackie and Simpson on 21:50 - Mar 16 by ShotKneesHoop

If he wasn't good enough for the top league, what about the other 20 odd lazy sods that 'Arry had in his side last year?

Where do they rate? Most of them wouldn't get in the Fake Hoops team this year, that's how bad it's got.

I agree with you. Mackie's, and Simpsons, precession of replacements have been no better. We've been a mess for a few seasons now for any number of reasons, but players generally find their level. If Mackie had been good enough to play in the prem, then that's where he'd be. Somebody like Stoke or West Ham would have snapped him up. As it is, he's played most of his football in the championship.
Don't get me wrong, He was excellent for us under Warnock. His energy is something that every team needs. It's just that in the top division you need more than that.
I'm chuffed that he gets his chance at Wembley. I hope he tears mertasaker a new one.
Mackie and Simpson on 02:46 - Mar 17 with 6614 viewsQPR_ARG

To me, when you make those decisions, it all depends on which players will replace them. And QPR have time and again gone for the worse possible option available. And expensive too.

Whenever I think about the decision to bring SWP and turn our backs on Wayne Routledge roughly at the same time, it seems to me that was one of the keys to explain what happened afterwards.

Bringing Joey and allowing him to criticize players that were here before (and won silverware for us) and ultimately even kinda push Warnock away, too. And have a dig at him in the press.

Kaspar Gorkss being let go and the likes of Anton Ferdinand, B*s*ngw* (won't even spell that name) coming in. Note that we are not talking about world-class players we let go, but they do have world-class attitude.

Later on, the club allowed Redknapp to send Alejandro out on loan. What a crime! Don't tell me we had better players in midfield to have the luxury of getting rid of one of our best servants in the last decade.

Jamie was always going to be hard to replace. But if you don't bring in players who will put in a shift, you're fücked. Think of Granero, for example.

What Redknapp did selling Simpson so close to the start of the season, has been widely discussed here. I don't think a single QPR fan was happy to see that. He was even allowed to sell Mutch (in an area where we are short in depth).

We are where our managers and owner deserve to be in exchange for the stupid mistakes they have consistently made.

I just hope that they unfairly get out of jail and that next time, lessons are really learned and they, somehow, get it right.
Mackie and Simpson on 07:37 - Mar 17 with 6476 viewswestberksr

It saddened me to be watching Mackie in the hoops, busting a gut chasing everything down, taking players on and generally being a right pain in the arse by defending from the front. Its like an infection that spreads through the team and makes others raise their game.

Yes, it may have only been against Bradford, and yes at times he sometimes lacked that bit of class that is apparently essential in the prem, but Jesus wept he's miles better than half our squads for the past 3 years and that level of positive attitude will always help in a struggling team.

FML and FQPR!
Mackie and Simpson on 07:59 - Mar 17 with 6425 viewsmalcob

Helgusons goal at palace, the ball had been aimlessly lobbed into the corner, everyone stood around watching except for one Jamie Mackie who chased it down, got possession the ball was worked across the pitch and then sent in to the box for the goal. That's what he brings to the team an enthusiasm to take the game to the opposition something we sadly lack at the moment. He and Vargas would cause many defences problems as they would not get a minutes peace.

I'd rather be in P block

Mackie and Simpson on 08:09 - Mar 17 with 6412 viewskropotkin41

Yeah, I wasn't saying that Warnock was without blame, although to be honest I think the whole club went rabbit-in-the-headlights that day........... and even now there are only the first signs of some sense returning.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Mackie and Simpson on 08:59 - Mar 17 with 6349 viewsSomersetHoops

If only Warnock had kept faith with the players that had served him well the season before, once he realised his best options for replacements had gone because the TF takeover took too long, then he might have deservedly stayed. After his ill advised comments about the season starting after the January transfer window, which undermined the team up to then then, he deserved to go. Unfortunately the dregs he bought weren't any better than what he had and he had to go, to be replaced with a manager unable to cope with the mess that was left.

I have very fond memories of going to the pre-season games down here in our promotion year. Even allowing for the restricted level of the opposition it was clear that this group of players had something about them that was going to be good to watch and so it proved. Its sad that something that started so well ended so badly.

Who's Next?

Mackie and Simpson on 09:20 - Mar 17 with 6313 viewsSomersetHoops

Mackie and Simpson on 21:33 - Mar 16 by eccles

If Mackie scores it won't be like goal-hanger Zamora - he will have worked for it. Players like Mackie set an example to the rest of the team they are in by their work-rate. I accept that there are missing skill issues with him, but the way he plays he doesn't have the time to calmly slot the ball away. Most of his attempts come after lung-busting runs and as an ex swimming coach I can tell you heavy physical exertion starves the brain of oxygen and effects judgement. He gets into positions to score that other players don't. His goal last night was reminiscent of his one for us against Man City, but its not surprising that after making the position by a long hard run, sometimes his impaired brain function at the end of it means he misses the target or obvious pass.

We need players like Mackie in our squad, because even when they don't play they set an example in work-rate, training and fitness levels that players that want to take his place in the team need to match. I can't think of one of our current squad that can.

BTW I accept that Zamora's fitness level and age means he has no choice other than to be a mainly immobile striker, who still has a fine touch, but we really can't afford that luxury in the dog-fight we are in, particularly as we are short of players with the ability to feed the ball to him.

Who's Next?

Mackie and Simpson on 10:10 - Mar 17 with 6258 viewsdaveB

Mackie and Simpson on 22:26 - Mar 16 by PunteR

Warnock didn't get the players he wanted in the summer as the club was being sold so had to do a mad supermarket sweep on players last week of the window.
He should have had more faith in the promoted team though.

He didn't have to do a mad supermarket rush, he could have said no to SWP, Puncheon and Ferdinand and gone with what got us up until January
Mackie and Simpson on 10:44 - Mar 17 with 6214 viewsPommyhoop

This Jaimie reminds me of Mackie.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Mackie and Simpson on 10:51 - Mar 17 with 6199 viewsEastR

he wasn't bad as an emergency full back either I seem to recall

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Mackie and Simpson on 11:18 - Mar 17 with 6161 viewsJordanFoster

I always thought Mackie was under-rated, I don't get the 'wasn't good enough in Prem' line as he gave a torrid time to the likes of Evra, Cole and Gibbs in the year we just stayed up.

Incredible athlete too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024