Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? 17:45 - Mar 23 with 15547 viewsbermudajack

I’ve never ever considered this in the past, I’ve held two season tickets since we moved from the vetch, but for the first time ever.. under the current circumstances we find ourselves in, I’m having second thoughts about renewing both my season tickets 😩
I cannot bare the thought of those yanks having a penny of my money to line their pockets and I’ve left it really late this year due to my reservations... and now I hear their diluting the Trusts shares and will probably sell everything not nailed down this summer 😳
I am considering just rejoining the jack army membership and going to the off away match instead?
Anyone else in the same position?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 13:51 - Mar 24 with 2175 viewsjasper_T

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 13:31 - Mar 24 by QJumpingJack

The Trust should ask Pearlman where ticket levels. If tickets level are down, Pearlman needs to explain in detail why this is the case. The buck stops with him.

It is wrong the club are creating "waiting lists" when it is obvious that there will be a significant drop season on season.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 13:34]

Would they get an answer any different from what he's been saying in his public statements; that renewal rates have been trending above what they were 12 months ago?
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 13:56 - Mar 24 with 2163 viewsvalleyboy

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 06:57 - Mar 24 by TailGunner

Nothing he says makes any sense mate. Ignore him it's all drivel.

These lying clowns who own us have no money, so they are cutting to balance the books and prepare us for sale as quickly as possible.

Not renewing IMO will escalate the cuts and the redundancy risk of those locals jobs who will go first. - including the academy.
I understand the anger, but the EPL withhold parachute payments unless used for wages.
They can't just pocket the money.
Wait for the accounts to come out.

This club will die without the fans
That's probably what valleyboy wants.

The USA rats will be gone within 18 months.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 8:19]

“Can’t just pocket the money”

I wouldn’t bank on that being true for one minute

You listen to other posters too much that says the same and then think it’s true.

Read what posters used to say that the old Directors couldn’t sell Swansea City

I wonder what happened to that argument
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 13:56 - Mar 24 with 2165 viewsDyfnant

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 06:57 - Mar 24 by TailGunner

Nothing he says makes any sense mate. Ignore him it's all drivel.

These lying clowns who own us have no money, so they are cutting to balance the books and prepare us for sale as quickly as possible.

Not renewing IMO will escalate the cuts and the redundancy risk of those locals jobs who will go first. - including the academy.
I understand the anger, but the EPL withhold parachute payments unless used for wages.
They can't just pocket the money.
Wait for the accounts to come out.

This club will die without the fans
That's probably what valleyboy wants.

The USA rats will be gone within 18 months.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2019 8:19]

I’m renewing anyway, gets me out of the house fortnightly.

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 14:12 - Mar 24 with 2142 viewsPrivate_Partz

I renewed just before Jenkins resigned and the Dan James / Fer fiascos started.
I wouldn't have bothered if I had know they were coming up.
If things pan out as expected this will be my last. will go to a few away matches and watch Llanelli at Strebo until the Yanks have gone.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 14:19 - Mar 24 with 2128 viewsTailGunner

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 13:56 - Mar 24 by valleyboy

“Can’t just pocket the money”

I wouldn’t bank on that being true for one minute

You listen to other posters too much that says the same and then think it’s true.

Read what posters used to say that the old Directors couldn’t sell Swansea City

I wonder what happened to that argument

Nonsense.

The old shareholders did nothing illegal (trust issues are another matter - granted), but they just sold up.

Pocketing transfer and parachute money is hugely illegal - the premier League will withhold payments if this happens. All eyes are on our accounts. They know this and will cut us to the bone in preparation for sale.
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 16:11 - Mar 24 with 2070 viewsvalleyboy

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 14:19 - Mar 24 by TailGunner

Nonsense.

The old shareholders did nothing illegal (trust issues are another matter - granted), but they just sold up.

Pocketing transfer and parachute money is hugely illegal - the premier League will withhold payments if this happens. All eyes are on our accounts. They know this and will cut us to the bone in preparation for sale.

“The old shareholders did nothing illegal”

What do you think I wrote in a posting last night

If you read Company Law. It states clearly there, that if a shareholder has 75% of a Company/buisness.

Then he has complete control of that buisness

That’s why I have never understood this buisness about this “Shareholders Agreement” that the old board must have the agreement from the Trust to sell the club

If it was the case then why is the Trust not taking the old board to court and not just talking about it 2 years down the line

As for taking whatever payments out of the club, whether it be parachute payments or other money.

They are not going to do it now, but when they are on the point or just on the point of disposing of their investment in Swansea City

If you think these investors are going to lose money in their investment. Then you must be living in cloud cuckoo

They will get that £60 million or whatever the figure is, plus more

Further more they won’t care two fingers what the people of Swansea think of them

They will have had their money back
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 16:19 - Mar 24 with 2052 viewsTailGunner

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 16:11 - Mar 24 by valleyboy

If you read Company Law. It states clearly there, that if a shareholder has 75% of a Company/buisness.

That’s why I have never understood this buisness about this “Shareholders Agreement” that the old board must have the agreement from the Trust to sell the club

If it was the case then why is the Trust not taking the old board to court and not just talking about it 2 years down the line

As for taking whatever payments out of the club, whether it be parachute payments or other money.

They are not going to do it now, but when they are on the point or just on the point of disposing of their investment in Swansea City

If you think these investors are going to lose money in their investment. Then you must be living in cloud cuckoo

Further more they won’t care two fingers what the people of Swansea think of them

Jeez can you read?
They are clearing the decks preparing for sale.
They will get what they can back by selling a clean debt club but it won't be £68m they paid.

They are cutting losses and getting out.
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 17:17 - Mar 24 with 2002 viewsvalleyboy

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 16:19 - Mar 24 by TailGunner

Jeez can you read?
They are clearing the decks preparing for sale.
They will get what they can back by selling a clean debt club but it won't be £68m they paid.

They are cutting losses and getting out.

“Cutting losses”

When they have assets to sell

Now I know you live in cloud cuckoo land for sure

I’ll guarantee you that the Yanks will not leave Swansea without recovering all their investment

Read up in what hedge funds have done in the US

Closed industries, that’s left huge communities to rot

And you think that they will go to lose money
Login to get fewer ads

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 18:05 - Mar 24 with 1953 viewsTailGunner

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 17:17 - Mar 24 by valleyboy

“Cutting losses”

When they have assets to sell

Now I know you live in cloud cuckoo land for sure

I’ll guarantee you that the Yanks will not leave Swansea without recovering all their investment

Read up in what hedge funds have done in the US

Closed industries, that’s left huge communities to rot

And you think that they will go to lose money

You really think they are waiting for a full return in the outlay for a premier League club.
Compared to a low mid table championship club, with most of the assets already gone .,.,

Stick a whiskey in your ovaltine & have a good night
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 18:46 - Mar 24 with 1918 viewsvalleyboy

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 18:05 - Mar 24 by TailGunner

You really think they are waiting for a full return in the outlay for a premier League club.
Compared to a low mid table championship club, with most of the assets already gone .,.,

Stick a whiskey in your ovaltine & have a good night

I like this bit

“Most of the assets already gone”

There’s enough there and what’s to stop them leaving Swansea in a bigger finacial mess than what they are in now
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 20:08 - Mar 24 with 1875 viewsTailGunner

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 18:46 - Mar 24 by valleyboy

I like this bit

“Most of the assets already gone”

There’s enough there and what’s to stop them leaving Swansea in a bigger finacial mess than what they are in now

Again you make little sense.

The Ayews have probably the best agent in world football, judging by the last 3 years.

Do you honestly think the brothers are coming back here to sit in the cafe at Fairwood???

You admit you have no interest in our club anymore (more than likely just another who cannot handle relegation, kicking up fuss) so sod off hang up those binoculars for good - & off our mesageboard too ?
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 20:17 - Mar 24 with 1866 viewsvalleyboy

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 20:08 - Mar 24 by TailGunner

Again you make little sense.

The Ayews have probably the best agent in world football, judging by the last 3 years.

Do you honestly think the brothers are coming back here to sit in the cafe at Fairwood???

You admit you have no interest in our club anymore (more than likely just another who cannot handle relegation, kicking up fuss) so sod off hang up those binoculars for good - & off our mesageboard too ?

Only a fool would think that the Ayew are coming back

Surely you are not one of them

I stopped puttin money into the Americans pockets nearly three years ago

In fact the week or so after they officially took over Swansea City
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 21:06 - Mar 24 with 1824 viewsTailGunner

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 20:17 - Mar 24 by valleyboy

Only a fool would think that the Ayew are coming back

Surely you are not one of them

I stopped puttin money into the Americans pockets nearly three years ago

In fact the week or so after they officially took over Swansea City

You've agreed with me.
Cracking. Have a good evening
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 22:27 - Mar 24 with 1771 viewsTNT

No brainer for me - renew.

I was here long before any scumbag owner, and I'll be here long after.

So they can fk off, and take Val with 'em.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 22:44 - Mar 24 with 1753 viewsBluebird

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 08:58 - Mar 24 by pencoedjack

If we were playing PL football but still being raped we’d sell all season tickets

If you are a fan you support the club home to Accrington Stanley or Man Utd

Ship jumpers will always look for excuses not to renew when the going isn't good. We all have them..
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 08:08 - Mar 25 with 1660 viewscostalotta

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 16:11 - Mar 24 by valleyboy

Whoah"...you really know you’re stuff valleyboy!

When they bought the club, or rather shares...I thought they didn’t buy the trusts shares (21%), nor did they buy all of Huw’s, MMs, nor LD. So, they don’t own 75% of the club? If this is incorrect I’m sure someone will point that out

So, your comment about them controlling the club becuase they own 75% is wrong...they don’t. But they do,have the voting rights, which were ‘gifted’ along with the SHA by the sell outs. Again I could be wrong, and if I am someone will point this out.

Try facts, you may find yourself slightly more credible.
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 09:47 - Mar 25 with 1616 viewsvalleyboy

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 08:08 - Mar 25 by costalotta

Whoah"...you really know you’re stuff valleyboy!

When they bought the club, or rather shares...I thought they didn’t buy the trusts shares (21%), nor did they buy all of Huw’s, MMs, nor LD. So, they don’t own 75% of the club? If this is incorrect I’m sure someone will point that out

So, your comment about them controlling the club becuase they own 75% is wrong...they don’t. But they do,have the voting rights, which were ‘gifted’ along with the SHA by the sell outs. Again I could be wrong, and if I am someone will point this out.

Try facts, you may find yourself slightly more credible.

But Jenkins and Morgans gave up their voting rights. So whether you like it or not, the Yanks have full control of Swansea City and can do what they like with the club
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 09:50 - Mar 25 with 1613 viewsTreforys_Jack

No dilemma for me, renew, was here a long time before Sharpe, silver shield, Petty, Jenkins, and the Americans, and hopefully be here a long time afterwards. I get where people are coming from though and the boycott against the Americans. I tend to put the blame on the situation almost entirely on HJ and MM, they were making good money on salaries and dividends and had no need to sell to the first people to come sniffing. Just my opinion, others are available.
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 10:32 - Mar 25 with 1578 viewsdcd14

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 09:50 - Mar 25 by Treforys_Jack

No dilemma for me, renew, was here a long time before Sharpe, silver shield, Petty, Jenkins, and the Americans, and hopefully be here a long time afterwards. I get where people are coming from though and the boycott against the Americans. I tend to put the blame on the situation almost entirely on HJ and MM, they were making good money on salaries and dividends and had no need to sell to the first people to come sniffing. Just my opinion, others are available.

Totally agree with your post regarding blame.

I and my dad however are not renewing until they have left.

Greed. Total greed.

Supposed fans of the club, they had it all, the club they 'loved' at the highest stage whilst earning a handsome living.....
[Post edited 25 Mar 2019 10:32]
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 10:53 - Mar 25 with 1561 viewsAl_Bundy

The problem with not renewing is the owners will cut deeper into the club to cut costs which includes staff jobs.

An empty stadium on match day will give the impression that the fans don't care about the club and the owners carry on what they are doing without opposition.

Petty went after fan pressure and games. Probably need to do the same again.
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 11:08 - Mar 25 with 1548 viewscostalotta

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 09:47 - Mar 25 by valleyboy

But Jenkins and Morgans gave up their voting rights. So whether you like it or not, the Yanks have full control of Swansea City and can do what they like with the club

That what i said yes. Its not what you said in your post i was responding to.
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 11:17 - Mar 25 with 1532 viewsvalleyboy

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 11:08 - Mar 25 by costalotta

That what i said yes. Its not what you said in your post i was responding to.

They have more than the 75% of the voting shares and that’s what count

Normally when you buy shares you have a voting right to go with that share

The likes of Morgan andJenkins gave up their voting rights making their shares virtually useless

The only thing they will have from their shares that they have kept. Will be dividends

Although I can’t see them getting any dividends soon
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 11:23 - Mar 25 with 1526 viewscostalotta

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 11:17 - Mar 25 by valleyboy

They have more than the 75% of the voting shares and that’s what count

Normally when you buy shares you have a voting right to go with that share

The likes of Morgan andJenkins gave up their voting rights making their shares virtually useless

The only thing they will have from their shares that they have kept. Will be dividends

Although I can’t see them getting any dividends soon

This is what you said...

"If you read Company Law. It states clearly there, that if a shareholder has 75% of a Company/buisness. "

Nothing in the about voting rights my friend. Think credibility!
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 11:44 - Mar 25 with 1513 viewschad

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 14:19 - Mar 24 by TailGunner

Nonsense.

Illegal is illegal

Like saying Herod didn’t kill babies, except for that once

They didn’t just sell up, they used illegal means plus stuffed their fellow major shareholder (the supporters Trust) to stuff their own personal (already amply filled) pockets, at the expense of the supporters .

If they had met their legal obligations, they very possibly would not of had a sale at all, let alone such massive windfall personal profits. Then left the hedge fund to drain every penny of the sellouts personal windfall fortunes out of the club, which never received a penny.
Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 12:22 - Mar 25 with 1480 viewsvalleyboy

Dilemma of renew? Or not to renew? on 11:23 - Mar 25 by costalotta

This is what you said...

"If you read Company Law. It states clearly there, that if a shareholder has 75% of a Company/buisness. "

Nothing in the about voting rights my friend. Think credibility!

How thick can you get

I wrote

“If a shareholder has 75% of a company buisness”

I never mentioned anything about shares in that post

I would now go and say the Yanks have close to 79% ofwhat matters
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024