Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cover versions better than the originals 20:36 - May 1 with 18841 viewsDr_Winston

I'll start you off with a couple.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:47 - May 3 with 1391 viewsblackpooljack

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:05 - May 3 by ItchySphincter

An epic.
Cover versions better than the originals on 20:48 - May 3 with 1391 viewslondonlisa2001

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:03 - May 3 by WxmJax

The Mrs wanted to go and see him on his last tour but I said no as I thought it wouldn't be that good, still reminds me of the fact now and again. Your post doesn't help.

Lol. Sorry...
Cover versions better than the originals on 21:00 - May 3 with 1383 viewsWarwickHunt

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:03 - May 3 by WxmJax

The Mrs wanted to go and see him on his last tour but I said no as I thought it wouldn't be that good, still reminds me of the fact now and again. Your post doesn't help.

You’re ok mate - he’s no Billy Joel.
Cover versions better than the originals on 21:10 - May 3 with 1377 viewsGlossolalia

Aussie prog rockers, sticking it to Ms Archer.
[Post edited 3 May 2020 21:11]
Cover versions better than the originals on 00:54 - May 4 with 1339 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Cover versions better than the originals on 01:09 - May 4 with 1336 viewsairedale

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:05 - May 3 by ItchySphincter

That Prince bloke can’t play a note. Fact.
Cover versions better than the originals on 07:43 - May 4 with 1265 viewsJinxy

I love the whole Carole King/James Taylor tooing and froing. Seen JT twice, and had his autograph twice too. Treasured possessions.
Cover versions better than the originals on 13:15 - May 4 with 1195 viewsDr_Winston

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Cover versions better than the originals on 13:32 - May 4 with 1182 viewslondonlisa2001

Cover versions better than the originals on 07:43 - May 4 by Jinxy

I love the whole Carole King/James Taylor tooing and froing. Seen JT twice, and had his autograph twice too. Treasured possessions.

I have to disagree with your first pick. Whitney is fantastic and her version is fantastic, but to hear Dolly doing it is just magical.
Cover versions better than the originals on 14:41 - May 4 with 1153 viewsJinxy

Cover versions better than the originals on 13:32 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

I have to disagree with your first pick. Whitney is fantastic and her version is fantastic, but to hear Dolly doing it is just magical.

Oh come on Lisa, that sheer power and control! That's the joy of music eh - someone was saying they preferred The Coors to Phil Lynott's Old Town - nice - but I preferred his. Funny, when I was in school (Tom Brown etc) my mate used to argue his Abba were better than my Beatles. Over the years although I still didn't agree, I saw his viewpoint. There is no "better" of course.

Have you watched the Carole King musical? We went to Ceeerdifff - I thought it was OK, but no mention of JT, which I though odd. I missed the Hyde Park Tapestry concert - small matter of a 30th anniversary in Italy - gutting! I did try and persuade wifey to have the gig in France - no chance. Mind you, gave me the chance to be the only Welshman (in a early 90's Welsh shirt) in a Sorrento Irish bar watching that Robson-Kanu turn.
Cover versions better than the originals on 14:44 - May 4 with 1145 viewsJinxy

Cover versions better than the originals on 13:15 - May 4 by Dr_Winston

Not even UFO live version?! Schenker once wrote down the chords for Lights Out for me (couldn't afford the sheet music back in the day) - reading 1980 I think. He wasn't playing, but he was backstage - we snook in.
Cover versions better than the originals on 14:48 - May 4 with 1136 viewsdna

Cover versions better than the originals on 14:54 - May 4 with 1132 viewsWarwickHunt

Cover versions better than the originals on 14:41 - May 4 by Jinxy

Oh come on Lisa, that sheer power and control! That's the joy of music eh - someone was saying they preferred The Coors to Phil Lynott's Old Town - nice - but I preferred his. Funny, when I was in school (Tom Brown etc) my mate used to argue his Abba were better than my Beatles. Over the years although I still didn't agree, I saw his viewpoint. There is no "better" of course.

Have you watched the Carole King musical? We went to Ceeerdifff - I thought it was OK, but no mention of JT, which I though odd. I missed the Hyde Park Tapestry concert - small matter of a 30th anniversary in Italy - gutting! I did try and persuade wifey to have the gig in France - no chance. Mind you, gave me the chance to be the only Welshman (in a early 90's Welsh shirt) in a Sorrento Irish bar watching that Robson-Kanu turn.

I’m with Lisa on this one.

Great range and power but, incredibly for someone with her family connections (Cissy & Thelma Houston, Judy Clay, Dionne and Dee Dee Warwick), I thought she was pretty soulless.
[Post edited 4 May 2020 14:55]
Cover versions better than the originals on 15:00 - May 4 with 1126 viewsmonmouth

Cover versions better than the originals on 14:54 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

Great range and power but, incredibly for someone with her family connections (Cissy & Thelma Houston, Judy Clay, Dionne and Dee Dee Warwick), I thought she was pretty soulless.

I agree with this.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cover versions better than the originals on 15:01 - May 4 with 1123 viewslondonlisa2001

Cover versions better than the originals on 14:41 - May 4 by Jinxy

I love her music, and The Bodyguard is a film I can watch over and over!

But for me, the song as done by Dolly, has a sense of regret, loss and sadness that Whitney doesn’t get near. I’m sure Dolly doesn’t mind anyone preferring Whitney - she said it paid for her new house,

Not seen the Carole King musical although I’ve a friend who played in the band for it in the London run for a bit.

I’m with your mate on the ABBA / Beatles contest btw...
Cover versions better than the originals on 15:05 - May 4 with 1118 viewslondonlisa2001

Cover versions better than the originals on 14:54 - May 4 by WarwickHunt

Desperately unhappy by all accounts.

Very sad.
Cover versions better than the originals on 15:08 - May 4 with 1111 viewsmonmouth

This has been wrecked by cowell and his Shithead acolytes, but for me, none better than this.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Cover versions better than the originals on 15:14 - May 4 with 1108 viewsDr_Winston

Cover versions better than the originals on 14:44 - May 4 by Jinxy

Not even UFO live version?! Schenker once wrote down the chords for Lights Out for me (couldn't afford the sheet music back in the day) - reading 1980 I think. He wasn't playing, but he was backstage - we snook in.

It's one of the few songs Maiden did with Blaze Bayley that sounded "right". As if he fitted there. I have a fondness for it for that reason.

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:16 - May 4 with 1104 viewsdna

Cover versions better than the originals on 15:17 - May 4 with 1104 viewsLeonWasGod

Cover versions better than the originals on 11:34 - May 2 by Muteswan

Stick with this one...

Mozart/ Metallica

Cover versions better than the originals on 15:20 - May 4 with 1099 viewsLeonWasGod

Cover versions better than the originals on 20:45 - May 1 by Dr_Winston

I had absolutely no idea that Step On was a cover.

Cheers for the something new I've learned today.

This post has been edited by an administrator

I quite like this other cover of Step On that came out only a couple of years before the Happy Monday's version.
Cover versions better than the originals on 15:26 - May 4 with 1091 viewsLohengrin

Cover versions better than the originals on 15:01 - May 4 by londonlisa2001

I love her music, and The Bodyguard is a film I can watch over and over!

But for me, the song as done by Dolly, has a sense of regret, loss and sadness that Whitney doesn’t get near. I’m sure Dolly doesn’t mind anyone preferring Whitney - she said it paid for her new house,

Not seen the Carole King musical although I’ve a friend who played in the band for it in the London run for a bit.

I’m with your mate on the ABBA / Beatles contest btw...

”... has a sense of regret, loss and sadness.

Your comment there has just held open a door to what I think is one of the best cover versions I’ve ever heard. This is simply flawless and coveys everything I think Hank Williams must have been feeling when he wrote it.

Perfection.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Cover versions better than the originals on 15:32 - May 4 with 1075 viewsLeonWasGod

Not sure if this has been posted already. I didn't realise it was a cover, it's so iconic.

Cover versions better than the originals on 15:32 - May 4 with 1074 viewsJinxy

Well, I did not have a problem with Houston singing it. Coat on.
Cover versions better than the originals on 15:47 - May 4 with 1056 viewslondonlisa2001

Cover versions better than the originals on 15:32 - May 4 by Jinxy

Well, I did not have a problem with Houston singing it. Coat on.

Neither did I.

But listen to this...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024